Theater Seats for Suite Guests

wow we had our inlaws stay in our grand suite with us instead of having there own balcony for about the same price just so they could join us in the cl and not get seperated at shows boy do i feel stupid if i had know that i could get gold cards for my fam i never would have done that........

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I could never be that kind to my own family never mind the in-laws.

Hi

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful reply. I will make a point to visit the concierge (hope it is Carlos) soon after we board.

May I ask how the MDR went? We really prefer not to make a commotion and have asked for a table for two near the entrance to the MDR so that my husband can scooter to the table and then sit-- sometimes when you have to go through the dining rooms people have to move and it makes everyone somewhat uncomfortable. The least attention we draw the better :)

thanks again, we are looking forward to the OS and dining in the room if we don't feel up to the MDR that night. Again, is a table for two and location something we should ask the concierge about? I did email dining and got a wishy washy sort of reply like cannot guarantee--maybe just the standard reply?

Enjoy!

Glad that my first-hand info is helpful; happy to provide more if I can.

First off, Carlos is no longer Concierge on EOS. He has gone on to the Liberty sailing the mediterranean. BIG loss for EOS (in my opinion) -- he was terrific. Another thread here has a listing of the current concierges. I'm just hoping that Carlos' replacement will be as professional, efficient and friendly as he is.

As to table location in MDR, my suggestion is that you contact the maitre'd upon boarding to inquire about your table location and change it if you feel it would be too difficult or stressful for your husband (don't just leave a message from your suite; actually go to the dining room and find him when you first board.) If the location can't be changed, please don't relegate yourselves to eating in Windjammer for the duration just because you think it might be easier. I've been in several locations in the MDR, and while some of them were a challenge to get to as there were tables on all sides, aisles are narrow (the left rear section was actually up a slight inclined ramp) and there is always a lot of foot traffic, staff and other guests were always accommodating in terms of making way for me & my scooter. As Tim Gunn says: "Make it work!" (TIP: it is ESSENTIAL that you or someone else run interference for your husband as people coming toward you tend to look only to *their* eye level -- a scooter is lower; true for all locations, not just the MDR).

On my last cruise this past March, we did have a small table (for 3) at the MDR entrance (these tables seem to be getting closer to the doors each time I sail; 3 years ago, the entrance-area tables only hugged the balcony railing. In March these tables were 3 deep!). These entrance-area tables are good in terms of accessibility, but they are also right in the center of activity as *every* diner has to come in and go through that one entrance (but it's a good area for people watching).

After a number of cruises with my scooter, I've just learned not to get anxious about anything and use my best "pardon me/excuse me/I'm *so* sorry" phrases often and whenever necessary. I also try to be an aware and conscientious scooter-user and find that people (generally) want to help me whenever they can (helps me and makes them feel good). I also always pack an ample supply of smiles to last through each cruise. And for those who won't open a door, move aside or hold an elevator for me -- I just smile, do the best I can by myself and move on 'cuz life is too short!

And one final thing (for what it's worth): Suite guests can call Room Service and order the *same* menu that is served in the MDR each evening. There's a dining table & chairs in the Owner's Suite, so you could "eat in" if you choose & still have MDR menu items. I've done that a few times; I've also dined alfresco on the balcony. Just some other choices available to you.

Again, enjoy the cruise on EOS and all the services and attention you'll get while in the Owner's Suite. Definitely an experience you'll always remember -- particularly that "WOW" moment when you enter the suite for the first time (the bathroom itself is memorable!).

Archived