Intercontinental Moorea VS. Papette

LUV2TRAV3L

This cancellation policy is getting to be the norm for several hotels. We have booked hotels for France this summer at some of these non refundable prices but then I am looking at a difference of 100 euro less than a refundable room with cancellation up to 3 days prior to arrival without penalty.

Guess I should have kept my mouth shut.

Oh No!!!! :eek:

Dont say that...

We are all on these boards to learn something new.. ;)

I didnt even know they had that policy, I just know that i booked a room that was refundable.

• 2 weeks later...

When I booked the best price on the Intercontinental website it noted that it was a non-refundable rate. However, I always buy trip insurance within 14 days of booking my trip and if I had to cancel for the same reason you did, I would be able to recoup my hotel cost. Insurance, never leave home without it.

I'm glad your husband is doing well and you were able to rebook your trip. Hopefully you have taken trip insurance within the specified time so that it covers any pre-existing conditions for this new trip.

Jackie

Hey Riley, you opened up a good topic for discussion. Jackie, like you, we booked insurance within 14 days of booking the cruise. However, we have not booked our pre/post hotel yet. I know you booked your hotel many months after booking the cruise. Did you add the hotel to the original insurance policy? or is it automatically covered? -- Angie

Tell me more about buying the insurance 14 days after booking a trip. I booked insurance for our up-coming trip with Princess when I made the reservation for the cruise and air. However, I did not pay for it at that time or when I made the deposit - figured I'd just pay it all in the final payment. I'm especially concerned about the "pre-existing conditions". I called Princess' insurance company several times and spoke with a different person each time and they all said that the policy was that the condition had to be under control with no changes for 60 days prior to purchase of insurance. It was about 90 days after my husband's surgery when we made the reservation and he has had no problem in the 3 months since then so I hope we're okay there. If I'm wrong, please let me know. Our final payment is due soon.

• 1 month later...

We'd like to do 2 days pre in an OWB in Nov 2006. Seems like there's a lot to choose from? Is the snorkeling good from all of the OWBs? I'd like to be able to step out of the door and snorkel.

Archived