Anyone spent day at Cocoa Reef Resort?

Emmarose

Thanks for the pictures.

BUT, it makes me have to ask - What is the attraction of Coco Reef Resort for a cruise ship passenger? I honestly can not understand why anyone would take a cruise to Bermuda and then go to CRR. What am I missing???

'splain it to me, Lucy!!

SBtS

I was looking for something different. I had already been to Horseshoe numerous times, and was looking for a relaxing day at the beach. The price you pay to use their towels, chairs, umbrellas, pool and the included lunch (which if purchased was almost the whole $49, and was very good) was well worth it. If you go to Horseshoe you spend $25 just for a chair and umbrella, and for lunch it's just a snack bar, which wasn't very good.

There aren't too many beaches in Bermuda that has facilities to spend the whole day except for Horseshoe and Tobacco Beach. It was great way to spend the day without the crowds, and it was a pleasant taxi ride to get there.

I was looking for something different. I had already been to Horseshoe numerous times, and was looking for a relaxing day at the beach. The price you pay to use their towels, chairs, umbrellas, pool and the included lunch (which if purchased was almost the whole $49, and was very good) was well worth it. If you go to Horseshoe you spend $25 just for a chair and umbrella, and for lunch it's just a snack bar, which wasn't very good.

There aren't too many beaches in Bermuda that has facilities to spend the whole day except for Horseshoe and Tobacco Beach. It was great way to spend the day without the crowds, and it was a pleasant taxi ride to get there.

Why bother to get off the cruise ship then where towels, chairs, pool and paid for lunch are available?

SBtS

Why bother to get off the cruise ship then where towels, chairs, pool and paid for lunch are available?

SBtS

I never noticed sand and swimming in the ocean on the ship. You can't compare the fantastic lunch we had to the free lunch on the ship.

I never noticed sand and swimming in the ocean on the ship. You can't compare the fantastic lunch we had to the free lunch on the ship.

I was there with Gail and I have to agree. This was a great way to spend a quiet day away from the cruise ship crowds. Lunch was delicious and the resort was beautiful. :D Horseshoe Bay doesn't really do anything for me :o

But be warned - The first thing I said to my DH was that if the "kids" (all in their 20's) were with us, they would have been bored. So I wouldn't recommend Coco Reef for a family excursion. Not much there for little ones either.

Gayle & Green Eyed Lady, thank you so much for your detailed report and honest opinions ! It is something for my family to consider next June for one of the 3 days we'll be in Bermuda on the Summit. It might just be the ticket for some of the more mature ones in our group! As you said Gayle, the price that includes chairs, umbrella, lunch and a quiet and uncrowded atmosphere makes it a good value.

I greatly appreciate your time in reporting back. So glad it worked out for you.

Janet

thanks for the advice, im still deciding on if i want to risk the trip....70 in cab fare and 150 for all 3 of us is a lot of money if my son decides he isnt interested....

From what I understood from the emails I recieved from Ken Watson at Coco Reef, you don't have to decide until the day you want to go. You can just show up. Just double check with him.

yeah i know i can do it day of but my son is non verbal so i cant really explain it to him...

I didn't mean for you to check with you son. I meant for you to check with Ken Watson to make sure you can still go without a reservation. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived