Adults only pool

pretty1111

Hi yall -

So, on my last two cruises, the adults only pools/spa were filled with children all day and all night. Now, far be it for me to suggest that there are parents who do not watch their children *gasp* while they are drinking the day away on deck....(now Im gonna get flamed) but are there any suggestions as to what to do??? we told the deck hands last time and they did not do anything.....

Note: i love children, but I love the well behaved ones, and I work with them every day, so no, I do not want to spend my vac watching other peoples kids or being surrounded by them if they cannot behave themselves.

Thanks

:)

On the Miracle in February, the adults only pool was strictly enforced and it was GREAT!!!!!!!! On the Sensation there was not an adults only pool (sigh :( ), and the pools were overrun with kids (and of course the hot tubs)... on the ships that have an adults pool, if there are children in them, security should remove them... Or you can point out the sign to the children/parents themselves. Good luck!

People do have to report this to the security-- you mean to tell me that some people reported the kids and nothing was done?? If no one reports it then people just think its ok. I have only sailed the Miracle and the Voyager with adults only pool and know tht both times it was very strictly enforced.

Wow! What an interesting new topic! :rolleyes:

It's been at least two weeks since someone made a post complaining about kids in the pools.

I was starting to think this board was slipping. Thanks for restoring my faith.

Pat

Running Dad

Thank you Goincruisin...you are always the voice of wisdom on here!!!!!!

Hey, how do I use the bungee cords for the balcony door?? we did not have the cords on our honeymoon because we just assumed they would stay open!!!!

And yes, I have reprted the kids and nothing was done

Pretty, if you don't get resolution from one of the security folks, find another one... it is unacceptable. We loved how well the rules were enforced on the Miracle!!!

As for the bungees, we connected one end to the door handle on the inside, and the other to the top of the balcony divider... worked great!!!!

Pretty, if you don't get resolution from one of the security folks, find another one... it is unacceptable. We loved how well the rules were enforced on the Miracle!!!

Too bad they don't enforce the no chair saving rule from what I've read. ;)

I wonder if all the people that love trot out the "RULEBOOK" and insist it be strictly be enforced for things like kid in pools and saving of deck chairs would feel if Carnival strictly enforced the "No Outside Alcohol Rule":D ?

There be more whining than the time everyone's post count got set to zero during the message board upgrade (and that's alot of whining).

And please don't bother with the "carnival still makes money off of me" arguement. If you are so adamant about rules being enforced then you should insist that ALL rules be enforced. You are not allowed to pick and choose which rules are to be enforced. To do so would be the ultimate act of hypocrisy.

Pat

Running Dad

Just returned from the Ecstasy (May 7-12) and none of the pool rules are enforced. My only complaint about the cruise. Pre-schoolers monopolized the hot tub, even used it for a pool. One small child had on a swim ring and was jumping off the sides. There were also babies in diapers in both the pools and hot tubs.

I wonder if all the people that love trot out the "RULEBOOK" and insist it be strictly be enforced for things like kid in pools and saving of deck chairs would feel if Carnival strictly enforced the "No Outside Alcohol Rule":D ?

There be more whining than the time everyone's post count got set to zero during the message board upgrade (and that's alot of whining).

And please don't bother with the "carnival still makes money off of me" arguement. If you are so adamant about rules being enforced then you should insist that ALL rules be enforced. You are not allowed to pick and choose which rules are to be enforced. To do so would be the ultimate act of hypocrisy.

Pat

Running Dad

Pat, as sensitive as you are to this subject, it seems to me that you must be one of the parents that allow kids in the adult only pool....

I don't like kids running around me while on vacation and the cruise ships have set aside an area for people like me who enjoy a child free environment for a few hours during my cruise day. Comparing this to smuggled booze is totally insane...hypocrisy my butt.

And FYI..I DO NOT smuggle booze-EVER. I never have and I never will. I personally cannot be bothered packing liquor in my suitcase...it's not for me, so don't be throwing up that 'booze smuggle' every time this adult area is mentioned.

Keep your kids where they belong please.

Pat, as sensitive as you are to this subject, it seems to me that you must be one of the parents that allow kids in the adult only pool....

...and saves chairs by placing books, towels and sandals on them with no one around.;)

Perfectly said, as usual, Halos!!!!!

There is a HUGE difference, and once again, comparing apples to oranges.... There are certain rules put in place for safety of passengers, there are certain rules put in place for comfort of passengers, and there are certain rules put in place for the cruiselines to make more money... big differences in the 3. The rules that affect safety and the comfort of passengers (adults being able to use the adults only pool is a nice AMENITY and this rule should be enforced)... it always boggles my mind when someone tries to bring another topic into the conversation to try to justify what they do... No, I don't follow every rule perfectly, however, I would NEVER even THINK about ignoring a rule set in place that was put their for the primary safety and comfort of others :rolleyes:

I don't play in the kiddie pool, keep your kids out of the adult pool... what is so tough about that? :rolleyes:

Aw but you might look cute in the kiddie pool!!! We can get you some water wings!!!!!

Hehe

I was just raised with the idea that there are places where children should be and places they should not be. My mom is very english, very proper and was very strict. Unfortunately i expect the same. I will tell you that many of my friends have children, and we are clear with them when children are allowed (family style BBQ) and when they are not (adults will be drinking, etc.) We had some people not attend our wedding because we had a no children rule. Most understood and said that it would be unfair to the children to have them sit there through a long ceremony and be quiet.

Maybe if the parents don't remove the kiddos from the adults only pools/spas, then we should move the funnel deck/topless deck to them. If they don't have to keep their kids out of the adult areas then I don't have to keep the adults area away from the kids. That would clear 'em out!! ;)

There is nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy a little time away from children. They have the other pools to swim and play in. Does anyone know if the Legend is enforcing this rule?

Archived