Post-cruise excursions

K.T.B.

Has anyone ever done them before? For our upcoming Summit Southern Caribbean cruise in February, my wife and I have a 4:00PM flight, so we'll have loads of time. Right now we're considering taking the Old and New San Juan City Tour with Airport Drop-Off excursion after we disembark.

For those who have taken post-cruise excursions, how were they? Do they drop you off at the airport in plenty time? And has anyone taken that particular one?

Whilst I cannot answer about that particular post cruise excursion, I have done two now and find them a very good way to secure an airport transfer plus fill in time at the end of a cruise.

Our experience on both trips was we went to a designated place on board and all walked off the ship together and collected our bags etc. Bags were placed underneath the coach and stayed with us all trip

The cruiseline were quite strict about who they would accept bookings for we had to give them our flight times, in our experience they had us at the airport at least 3 hours before departure time which was very generous indeed as the check ins were still not open. Clearly they take no risks with you on this one

Whilst I cannot answer about that particular post cruise excursion, I have done two now and find them a very good way to secure an airport transfer plus fill in time at the end of a cruise.

Our experience on both trips was we went to a designated place on board and all walked off the ship together and collected our bags etc. Bags were placed underneath the coach and stayed with us all trip

The cruiseline were quite strict about who they would accept bookings for we had to give them our flight times, in our experience they had us at the airport at least 3 hours before departure time which was very generous indeed as the check ins were still not open. Clearly they take no risks with you on this one

Thanks, uktog. That definitely helps with the decision. I am a stickler about being at the airport (minimum) 2 hours early.

I did the exact excursion and yes I was dropped off at the airport with my bags in plenty of time to catch our 2pm flight. They stored the bags in a separate truck that met us at the airport after the walking tour.

The tour was simple enough, to be honest I had a bad head ache and didn't pay that much attention to what our guide was saying but she did chat the entire time. My husband and son enjoyed the El Morro Fort. This was about 5 years ago so it is hard to remember all the details.

Patty

Archived