WiFi - speed / cost / package ??

old fool

From our experience on QV a month ago...Wifi is included in the Internet plan price. However, we found that connection is variable - we read advice that in cabins standing near the door can help - although cant say it did! Using the PCs in the computer room was more reliable although, be warned, it's not exactly quick! A good few of your precious minutes can be used up waiting for a page to load. If you are a Gold (or higher) world club member you get 2hrs free ( per member in your party so we had 4 hrs in total). It's a good perk! I'm afraid I can't remember the price if you pay - I know that in the past we've chosen not to take it up. I'm sure the FAQs page on cunard.com will be able to tell you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I assume that internet is available - what is the cost of a WiFi package and how fast is the connection?

Pay per minute is $0.75 per minute, various packages are available the reduce that cost to 60/50 or 40 cents per minute. The connection is relatively slow when lots of people are using the network but early and late is quicker. It is not very quick though but I can normally upload a bunch of emails within 3 to 5 minutes.

Pay per minute is $0.75 per minute, various packages are available the reduce that cost to 60/50 or 40 cents per minute. The connection is relatively slow when lots of people are using the network but early and late is quicker. It is not very quick though but I can normally upload a bunch of emails within 3 to 5 minutes.

What are the various costs for the packages and how many minutes are in the packages?

The complementary Internet package for Diamond members is 8 hours and one of the best anywhere. I have had no problem using an I pad in the cabin.

On QV last month the Connections computers were largely unused as so many now use tablets etc. I think it is likely that soon they will remove all or most of the pc's and dispense with the staff members in Connections.

David.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing that I have found advantageous is that if you sign up for a internet package on the 1st day you get free minutes even if it they are included in the Cunard World Club package.

e.g. With Diamond you get 8 hours free internet but if you sign up on the 1st day you get nine hours free.

Happy cruising

One thing that I have found advantageous is that if you sign up for a internet package on the 1st day you get free minutes even if it they are included in the Cunard World Club package.

e.g. With Diamond you get 8 hours free internet but if you sign up on the 1st day you get nine hours free.

Happy cruising

Sometimes!

I agree with Capn---sometimes. With one Diamond and one Platinum plan, we had all we needed for 11 days on QV. We found it easier to use the ships computers for any real work and second the use it in off peak. Slow in off peak and really slow when busy.:eek: In the stateroom on 7 deck forward, we had to prop the cabin door open to get a viable signal for iPad or iPhones. Still, much better than just a few years ago. Best advice, stow the laptop and head for the Commodore Club.:D:D

Archived