Need low-fat, low-fiber meals

Algebralovr

Evening all,

I have a recent diagnosis that is making eating fun. I am learning to eat so that the pain is less, but DH pointed out that I need to check into food on the cruises we have planned.

I will be on Celebrity (the only line I'll sail due to smoking policies).

My new diet requires eating about every 2.5 - 3 hours, and that my choices be low fat and low fiber. I know frequency won't be a problem, since there is always food available. Is the other likely to be an issue? Do I need to contact special needs or is mine easy enough not to other?

Thanks for any opinions!

Call the Special Needs dept....just let them know about your diet. It may be that nothing special has to be done, but at least, they'll know! I know the menus have PLENTY of low-fat options....and I'm pretty sure you can steer yourself clear of fiber!

Do not waste one second of your time calling the special needs department. You are looking at this from the wrong angle.

You must RUN, not walk to a registered dietician referred to by your doctor. You have to learn what you can eat. There will be a long list of things you no longer can eat. They will also discuss a low residue diet if you are suffering with inflammation.

I urge you to make that appointment today so you can learn "how" to eat.

You will also find information on any Crohn's and Colitis society website.

No special needs dept can ever help you. Only you can take charge.

There is enough choice on a ship, so no worries - you won't starve!

Sheila

Thanks for the advice, Sheila. I didn't really think special needs would help, but wanted to see if anyone else had experience with that one.

I've been referred to a RD, but we are trying to coordinate schedules since she is 100 miles away and isn't allowed to meet with me online for some reason. There is not someone local with the expertise I need. I don't have Crohn's, but something called Gastro-perisis (which I may have spelled wrong).

Luckily I work for a major research university and have access to their journals and can do a lot of research easily. It really is a learning process, though.

Would the information sheets that I have from my RD help? There is an extensive list of foods, the good and bad list!

I can scan and email them to you. Email me at sheilam at remaxaffiliates dot ca

I would be happy to help!

Archived