? about Godfrey pickup

cmhighto

We are booking Godfrey's tour. How difficult would it be to go through immigration, eat some breakfast, and be able to meet him at 9:00? We will be on the Adventure of the Seas, week of July 24. Would 10:00 be better? I'm just concerned if we do a 10:00 pick-up time that we won't have enough time to look around the shops.

Thanks,

Carrie

If you go at 10:00, you will have until noon to shop, shop, shop in downtown Charlotte Amalie. He leaves you off at a central location and the stores are right there. So is the little flea market, which has some great buys on T-shirts, pareos, bags, etc.

Two hours will should be plenty. At least it was for me since it put me on overload. :p Also, depending on what time you get back to your ship, you may also have some time to pick up a few goodies at Havensight before you board.

If you go at 10:00, you will have until noon to shop, shop, shop in downtown Charlotte Amalie. He leaves you off at a central location and the stores are right there. So is the little flea market, which has some great buys on T-shirts, pareos, bags, etc.

Two hours will should be plenty. At least it was for me since it put me on overload. :p Also, depending on what time you get back to your ship, you may also have some time to pick up a few goodies at Havensight before you board.

Linda, your pictures are fantastic and just makes it harder to wait until November...hahaha!! Did you make the pit stop at "Secret Harbor" while on Godfrey's tour or on your own? Also, thanks for the info on t-shirts, etc..What exactly or rather type of "goodies" can you pick up at Havensight (isn't that the terminal at the port??)? Thanks for sharing the pictures. ;)

Havensight is a duty free shopping center right where most ships dock. Pretty much all the shops you'll find in town will be there also.

There is an alternate dock called Crown Bay which is clear across town from Havensight. I think Holland America uses that one quite a bit, though I have seen their ships also at Havensight. Not much shopping, if any, there.

You will need to check your itinerary to see which one you will be scheduled to dock at. Hopefully it will be Havensight and you'll get to visit some of the shops.

Those photos from Secret Harbor were taken when my husband and I vacationed in St. Thomas at the end of April. When we were returning our rental car we swung by there to see what it looked like. Godfrey does that as an alternate if the weather and/or water at Magen's, Sapphire, and Coki (his stops) is not too great for swimming.

I'm happy you found the photos helpful! You are going to love St. Thomas! :D

We asked for a pickup at 9AM, and had plenty of time to eat a leisurely b/fast and clear immigration, b/f the ship was cleared. We were a few minutes late getting off the ship, but he was waiting with a sign with our name. There is quite a bit of shopping at Havensight, but we only had about 1/2 hr to reboard after Godfrey returned us to the ship, so just hit a market at Havensight to restock our sodas.

Becki

• 2 weeks later...

and we took Godfrey's tour in St. THomas. a few things, 1.) I was in line at 8:30 for the immigration/customs inspection that didn't start until 9:00. I was off the ship by 9:15, no biggie. 2.) Godfrey doesn't stop at Secret Harbor any more because one couple complained about the facilities (not being enough watersports or some such crap)., 3.) Godfrey's tour was the best tour we had on our cruise. he was very friendly, informative and a BARGAIN. we gave him a nice tip above and beyond the tour price. we went to Sapphire Beach, which was really pretty, not crowded, had bathroom and fresh water shower facilities, a bar and grill (though a standard burger and bag of chips set us back $8 per person, LOL).

we had 10:00 pick up and that suited us fine. we had time to poke through the flea market and get a good start on the shops on Main Street. did the tour and beach, and he dropped us at Havensight Mall after the tour (though there were those who opted to go back to the ship). IMO, there's really not much to see at Havensight that isn't available in town. though there was a decent little bar we stopped at to cool off and grab a few drinks.

I have some pictures from my cruise here: though check back this weekend, I needed to download my Sapphire Beach pics from my disposable waterproof disk to my computer at some point this weekend. http://community.webshots.com/album/357920249TwGrKS

Archived