Forum Maintenance: Wednesday March 20 @5:00 am ET Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stormfront

NCL Jewel getting her paint

it is so cool to the ship get built. we will be on the jewel in november. i love monday's since that is the day they update the web cam.

I totally agree, something to look forward to on Mondays now. I am sailing on the Feb 26 2006 Eastern Caribbean trip. So far I haven't seen anyone on the roll call this week.

I my well be in the minority, but I don't think an awful lot of NCL's hull art.

I agree it is way too early unfortunately!!!! I will be very interested in hearing about your Nov trip, I hope it is all it seems too be.

I will reserve judgement on the hull art until i can see it up close and personal, the jury is still out until then.

Meyer Werft's most recent statement on the Jewel's progress:

"The next cruise ship, 93,000-gt 'Norwegian Jewel', is likely to be docked out on June 10th,*2005. She will be berthed alongside the outfitting pier for about 2 weeks. The passage down the River Ems is scheduled for the last weekend in June."

Stormfront: Thank you so much for posting the web-cam site for the Jewel. We sail on her Oct. 21st 2005 to the NE/Canada. I had seen some other sites which were tracking her progress but I've miss placed them. Now I have this one to check thanks to you. Did I understand correctly that it's updated on Mondays? That's really something to look forward to. She looks like a magnificent ship. I can't wait for her to sail so we can get some real reviews. As for the "art" work on her hull....it doesn't impress me one way or the other. What does excite me is that she is the sister ship of the Dawn. We sailed the Dawn in February to the Southern Caribbean and had a wonderful time. The Dawn is so perfectly laid out and so comfortable and I'm sure the Jewel will be the same. I'm so looking forward to our next cruise.

Thank you again for the site.

Happy Cruising!

No problem on the pics,

I want to see some inside shots as soon as they are available, hopefully the early cruisers will post up their pics of the cabins and all around the ship.

We are sailing in December. It is so exciting to see you ship being built, which is a first for us!!!! Thanks for the info from the shipyard. I will be watching to see if she is docked out then.