Port Canaveral carry-on luggage size restrictions?

3JM

The standard for virtually all cruise lines is that it must fit thru the standard airport xray machine.

That information may be helpful to those that fly often, but those that prefer to stay on the ground or at sea may not know the standard airport x-ray size. I don't fly very often and when I do, never have carried on a bag.

Anyone with the measurements for carry ons that will fit through the scanner at Port Canaveral terminal 10? I have a soft-side cooler that is approx 16X16X12. I will bring along an extra luggage tag just in case.

leaving soon on my cruise. Thanks.

From the website:

http://www.kgear.com/store/air-bag-info-1/#carry

"I have done some research at DIA (Denver International Airport), the newest international airport, as well as at other airports which I have visited. There are two types of sizing gauges: 1) a static 3D "bin" or template, usually at the ticket counter and 2) the conveyor-belt X-ray machines with a hole or template in the front. This X-ray template is essentially a 15-inch wide x 10-inch tall hole at the front of the conveyor belt and restricts the height and width of your luggage (the length must be measured by hand or placed in a cube that is nearby). This sizing template, which is like a square hole to a dog house, is 22"x15"x10" (55.9x38x25.4 cm). Oddly enough, the posted size is 22"x14"x9", a full inch smaller than the template. This dimension is now posted everywhere: in their literature, Web site, ticket covers etc."

That bit of info I found on that website, hopefully it is true for the port too. I will use that as my reference and perhaps chose another bag.

That information may be helpful to those that fly often, but those that prefer to stay on the ground or at sea may not know the standard airport x-ray size. I don't fly very often and when I do, never have carried on a bag.

Anyone with the measurements for carry ons that will fit through the scanner at Port Canaveral terminal 10? I have a soft-side cooler that is approx 16X16X12. I will bring along an extra luggage tag just in case.

leaving soon on my cruise. Thanks.

Your cooler will fit. The xray machine is approximately twice the size of the carry-on restrictions you describe. Those dimensions are important for the overhead storage on an airplane, not so much for the xray machine.

Your cooler will fit. The xray machine is approximately twice the size of the carry-on restrictions you describe. Those dimensions are important for the overhead storage on an airplane, not so much for the xray machine.

I will bring along the cooler as I have done in the past. In Tampa last year they said it was just too big but allowed the cooler. They carried it around the side and did a personal search of my cooler. I have no problem with them doing a personal search.

Just in case I will bring along that extra luggage tag. I fear that the porters may be tossing the luggage around and could cause the drinks to break open and not only ruin my contents but those bags around mine.

Next week we cruise, packing today.

Archived