Cruise Critic Community
GreekStar

Is Majesty a good ship?

I just got home a few days ago from a cruise with Island Escape and I loved it.I am now considering booking a two week crusie for april next year with Majesty, would love to hear your opinions about the Majesty ship and how good that one is compared to Spirit and Island Escape etc

Hi, we're on her 2 weeks tomorrow and will report back.

But all the recent reports are very favourable apart from gripes about the small standard cabin sizes. We've booked an inside plus for the extra space.

Berwyn

I agree with Berwyn about the standard cabins, which are too small for comfort and short of storage space. If I were going back on Majesty it would certainly be to a plus cabin.

The food, crew and entertainment were all excellent.

The Majesty is the newest ship in the Thomson fleet and is in reasonably good nick but there are definitely some areas that need refurbished but not anything that would put me off.

My main concern on the Majesty was a feeling of overcrowding, particularly on the pool deck which we stopped going to after a while other than to sit at the Piazza San Marco which was quite pleasant.

All in all we had a wonderful holiday. We were on the 4th Majesty sailing and it would appear that most of the teething problems we experienced have been dealt with. The structural issues such as the lack of a theatre, the pool area and the small cabins cannot feasibly be altered but, to be fair, most people have not mentioned these recently (except those unfortunate enough to be in the small cabins). The crew are working very hard to make sure people have a holiday to remember and the Adriatic Explorer and Pearls of the Aegean itineraries are fabulous.

I just booked a two week cruise with Majesty for april next year. Going to Spain Morrocco Gibraltar Italy Croatia etc.Me and my partner are already excited lol.

I just booked a two week cruise with Majesty for april next year. Going to Spain Morrocco Gibraltar Italy Croatia etc.Me and my partner are already excited lol.

Nice itinerary. All lovely stops. Apart from Morocco perhaps. We don't like the place, but that's us.

Seems a long way away now but it'll soon come round once we get the mad run up to Christmas started

Berwyn

This looks a great itinerary and a good price with all inclusive free.

I did a mock booking (:( unfortunately can't go next year as have other plans), can anyone explain why when you take a cabin upgrade the cost is much more expensive than when you do the sums? :confused:

I know I saw this discussed recently but couldn't really understand the answer :o

This looks a great itinerary and a good price with all inclusive free.

I did a mock booking (:( unfortunately can't go next year as have other plans), can anyone explain why when you take a cabin upgrade the cost is much more expensive than when you do the sums? :confused:

I know I saw this discussed recently but couldn't really understand the answer :o

Hi Nell, I've just done a trial booking for it and the price was £2840 with inside plus on decks 3 /4 . I upgraded to outside plus higher up at £98 p.p. and the sums worked out OK at £3036.

The basic price is only about £100 dearer than we paid for inside plus for 1 week in Adriatic. A real bargain

Berwyn

Hi Nell, I've just done a trial booking for it and the price was £2840 with inside plus on decks 3 /4 . I upgraded to outside plus higher up at £98 p.p. and the sums worked out OK at £3036.

The basic price is only about £100 dearer than we paid for inside plus for 1 week in Adriatic. A real bargain

Berwyn

Which deck did you upgrade to, Berwyn?

Which deck did you upgrade to, Berwyn?

Same decks 3 /4 outside plus.

But I've just tried again for you to test it and I went up from 3/ 4 inside plus to 6 outside plus and the sums still work out OK.

Berwyn

Same decks 3 /4 outside plus.

But I've just tried again for you to test it and I went up from 3/ 4 inside plus to 6 outside plus and the sums still work out OK.

Berwyn

I have just tried from Cardiff (was wondering which airport you were using) and the price is amazing £2,676 including upgrade to deck 3/4 outside plus and AI.

The price from Edinburgh is almost the same as the price you were quoted which is over £400 cheaper than we paid for 2 weeks in May and it is a better upgrade. In May we upgraded to deck 6 inside.

I think I have worked out what they are doing. They are charging £336 for the cabin upgrade but taking the difference off in the online discount.

My wife and I have booked the Majesty for next June - Adriatic Explorer with outside plus cabin deck9 and free AI and cabin of our choice, then a weeks stay in Corfu - half board - flights from Manchester the total cost £3099.75

Seems a good price to me, can't wait.

Anyone still to cruise - you lucky ones - enjoy it !

I have just tried from Cardiff (was wondering which airport you were using) and the price is amazing £2,676 including upgrade to deck 3/4 outside plus and AI.

The price from Edinburgh is almost the same as the price you were quoted which is over £400 cheaper than we paid for 2 weeks in May and it is a better upgrade. In May we upgraded to deck 6 inside.

I think I have worked out what they are doing. They are charging £336 for the cabin upgrade but taking the difference off in the online discount.

Hi Nell,

It's Manchester we're using and quoting from.

Berwyn

We are booked on Majesty next June from Manchester going on the 7th we are on deck 8 but for the 2week cruise looking forward to that,what day do you travel on.

The 14th for one week then hotel in Corfu for the second week, so I should be correct in saying we will be on at the same time for your second week.