RMS95

Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

ok, help me out!!! I have NEVER been this picky over what to wear. But I have 17 days until my cruise date and I still havent bought my "formal night" DRESS!!!!

What is my problem???? haaaaa

just would love to see some pics of what everyone else wore!!!!!

PLEASE SHARE!!!!

:confused: :) :mad: :D

2229368074.jpg

This was taken last year on the Carnival Triumph! :p

I can't see the picture.

It was big when I posted it and when I checked the thread later, I think someone shrunk it! :-(

I think it worked now somehow! ;-) Scroll back up! It's not small anymore!

ohhh, VERY pretty!!! Thanks for sharing! Going shopping tomorrow to see what I can find! Wish me luck!!!

Mary

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing your picture. The pictures in this thread helped me to see that I will not be the only guy not wearing a tux. You two are an attractive couple.

Could you please tell me how you got your large picture right in the posting? On my roll call thread (i.e., Mariner of the Seas - July 3, 2005), we want ot share our photos with wach other prior to broading so that it will enhance out Meet and Mingle experience.

Thanks,

Barry

Jenny,

Thanks for sharing your picture. The pictures in this thread helped me to see that I will not be the only guy not wearing a tux. You two are an attractive couple.

Could you please tell me how you got your large picture right in the posting? On my roll call thread (i.e., Mariner of the Seas - July 3, 2005), we want ot share our photos with wach other prior to broading so that it will enhance out Meet and Mingle experience.

Thanks,

Barry

I used photobucket.com, uploaded some of my pics to their site and they allow you to increase/decrease the size of the pictures. It was pretty easy. :o Then when you want to add pictures to your posts, click the insert image icon on the edit tool bar and copy and paste the URL that photobucket lists under each individual picture. There might be an easier way to do this, but I am not aware of it yet! Let me know if it works for you! Good luck! :p

I used photobucket.com, uploaded some of my pics to their site and they allow you to increase/decrease the size of the pictures. It was pretty easy. :o Then when you want to add pictures to your posts, click the insert image icon on the edit tool bar and copy and paste the URL that photobucket lists under each individual picture. There might be an easier way to do this, but I am not aware of it yet! Let me know if it works for you! Good luck! :p
Jenny,

I tried it and it worked. Thanks so much for you response to my request for assistance. It's a pleasure to see so many nice people on the bulletine board.

Barry

tn_tux_and_dress.jpg

Click the picture for a larger view. I am in a rent-a-tux. Kris, my wife, is in a 50 year-old dress made by her mother.

Barry - Get the tux. It'll make her eyes sparkle...

chesterh

Of course, choosing the right accessories on formal nights is very important...

britishhair_th.jpg

Click picture for larger view.

chesterh

Here's what we wore the second formal night...which is usually a little less formal...if that makes any sense.

I purchase two new dresses for our upcoming cruise. Both black cocktail dresses.

Formal_373x280.jpg.3f4318f2b3c5d6c7d2529f01ba42fec8.jpg

I am having trouble posting. It keeps saying it is to large. But I check the one posted and it is smaller than what you have. So how did you post it??

This is what I am getting.

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php1C5.tmp (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in \includes\functions_file.php on line 286

Are you using the "Attach Files" function? What is the file format of the picture (.jpg, .gif, etc.)?

The dimensions of the picture (ex: 3" x 4") don't matter - it is the file size as measured in KiloBytes that counts. It looks like the only picture in this thread to be stored using the 'attach file' function is in post #14 by TamaLee. That picture is 25.8 KB. The other pictures (including mine) are stored elsewhere on the web and are not subject to any file size limitations of the attach feature. Note that typical digital pictures as downloaded from a camera are 500-800+ KB, which is probably way too big. There are various ways of making the file size smaller while maintaining acceptable quality.

So, what is the file size of the picture? You can determine this by locating the file on your hard drive, right-clicking it with the mouse, and selecting 'properties'. An information box will appear, and among other tidbits, give you the filesize in 'KB'.

chesterh

2229368074.jpg

This was taken last year on the Carnival Triumph! :p

That is sooo pretty! My first cruise is takin off July 11, and I haven't bought a formal dress either... that pic helps out!!!

Thank you, and my DD is so happy, it just so happens she got asked to homecoming and now gets to wear her green dress again.

I am so glad someone started this thread. I was beginning to wonder if my formal dress was too formal. Now I think I'll be ok. I'll be wearing a floor length A-Line gown in a burgundy silky fabric. I'd add a photo, but apparently I am little technologically challenged today.

Katharin

This is what I get when I click on the link you posted.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /42/6/42/23/377664223rDLlhG_ph.jpg on this server.

Apache/2.0.50 Server at image42.webshots.com Port 80

OK, I'll just have to contribute here. I know that the OP was asking about women's clothing, but she doesn't specifically say women only. So..... here I am in my formal clothes:

brucekilt.jpg

The "R" in my member name is for Robertson. That is my Clan's tartan in my kilt.

KansasScraper,

Try to copy the url into your internet browser, it should work.

Good luck,

This is one dress I'll wear on our formal night. We sail on HAL Zuiderdam tomorrow! I picked this up at Dillards on sale for way less than the listed price.

http://www.cache.com/shopdetails.asp?cat=0100&sku=58024C35533206

Here is the formal outfit I wore on RCI Enchantment of the Seas in November. I'm on the right and the MIL is on the left.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360626642/360677171MDoxfJ

This was from our honeymoon cruise on Carnival - it's not a great shot but you get the idea.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360849314/360856419soLKKf#

Our first HAL cruise on the Zaandam. Here's a picture of my MIL & FIL.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360868734/360881787smbnVt

Here is what I wore on HAL Zaandam cruise. It's floor length fully beaded evening gown.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360868734/360882898aeBpRF

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360868734/360882919uwlLEq

The back of my other dress

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360868734/360881760oPRvsk

and the front. It's a A-line black satin with silver embroidered flowers and black accent beeds.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/360868734/360881773IjsppU

HAL was the most formal and Carnival the most relaxed. RCI fell in between the two. I enjoyed them all for different reasons.

BTW - I purchased the same dress as the OP is wearing but with turquoise trim. I'm wearing it for informal night.