Cruise Review: Venice, Bari, Corfu, Athens, Mykonos, Dubrovnik - Splendour - Aug 2012

LitaArn

Photo of ice creams brought my memory back...

We went to Naples with Disney Cruise and we went excursion to Amifia Drive and coach drove all the way down and beautiful place there and it was ice cream shop similar which you showed your photo

We just full up with lunch and wines but we saw Mars Bar Ice Cream and we end up had ice cream which was so lovely...:p

Scottishwee35

Lita--your photos are beautiful. Thankyou for taking all the time to share with all of us. I look forward to taking a peek everyday. Beautiful photos of your family. You guys all look so well and I can tell you are having a wonderful time.

Your gelato photos are yummy just looking at them. Makes me want to walk out and get some good gelato.

I think we need to do this cruise. We are leaving next week for your beautiful country of Canada.

Mary:)

Lita, I have to say that you must be the kindest and most thoughtful person. You have such a sweet disposition, I hope our paths cross one day.

I truly enjoy your review and pictures and can't wait for the next segment.

She is the most sweetest person you could ever hope to meet (as are Arn and Emily) and we were priveliged to meet them and share our holiday with them all :)

Oh no you are not boring as I enjoyed to read it and love to see photos

Ah I see that you had a headache last night and I had that too last Saturday at my husband cousin's 30th birthday party. I had to leave early. It was horrible feeling and I felt throw up but didnt. I had terrible migraine few years ago and it was just one off .

I was looking at your trip story this morning and wonder where are you? Now I realised that.

Anyway, your photos are absolutely beautiful and what a lovely place and lovely photos of you three together and driver looked handsome too...:D

I look forward to read next one:)

Scottishwee35

Photo of ice creams brought my memory back...

We went to Naples with Disney Cruise and we went excursion to Amifia Drive and coach drove all the way down and beautiful place there and it was ice cream shop similar which you showed your photo

We just full up with lunch and wines but we saw Mars Bar Ice Cream and we end up had ice cream which was so lovely...:p

Scottishwee35

Sorry to hear that you are prone to headaches as well. I’ve been headachy for the last two days which was bothersome. Oh well, I still am thankful that it is not migraine.

I’m glad to know that you find my review interesting; you are so kind to write in. Thank You.

Lita, I have to say that you must be the kindest and most thoughtful person. You have such a sweet disposition, I hope our paths cross one day.

I truly enjoy your review and pictures and can't wait for the next segment.

Oh my goodness! I don’t know what to say, you are truly a Sweetheart.

Your words are to be treasured, priceless really. Thank You so much, but I don’t think I’m all that :o

Whenever you can, please join us on our next cruises... They are listed on my signature below. I would love to meet you someday too...

Lita--your photos are beautiful. Thankyou for taking all the time to share with all of us. I look forward to taking a peek everyday. Beautiful photos of your family. You guys all look so well and I can tell you are having a wonderful time.

Your gelato photos are yummy just looking at them. Makes me want to walk out and get some good gelato.

I think we need to do this cruise. We are leaving next week for your beautiful country of Canada.

PS Lita to my last post. I think RCI should be giving you guys a commission as you are definatey going to be selling some cruises for them out of Venice. We need to free up some time to do more cruising.

Hello Mary, Thank You so much; you are a Gem. IF ever RCI gives me a commission (highly unlikely, but one never knows :) ), I’ll share it 50-50 with you. After all, you came up with the idea :D

As always, it was lovely talking with you on the phone today...

Hugs...

Edited by LitaArn

She is the most sweetest person you could ever hope to meet (as are Arn and Emily) and we were priveliged to meet them and share our holiday with them all :)

Hello Christine,

Emily, Arn and I have the same highest regards for you and your lovely family too. What you did for Emily on the cruise was priceless! We’ll never, ever forget it... You guys are Rock Stars in our eyes!

Hugs...

Hello Christine,

Emily, Arn and I have the same highest regards for you and your lovely family too. What you did for Emily on the cruise was priceless! We’ll never, ever forget it and the most wonderful times we've had with you all on the Splendour... You guys are Rock Stars in our eyes!

Hugs...

MYKONOS and DUBROVNIK

I read from Ginagirl51’s post that she’ll be leaving for Venice tomorrow (looked up her signature and she’s sailing on the Norwegian Jade which stops in Mykonos and Dubrovnik), and luvs2beachit (Judie) is leaving too on the 22nd but won’t be stopping at those 2 ports. IF I continue to write my review in chronological order, I won’t have the time to touch on those ports in my review before she leaves. I decided to post the review of those 2 ports today and hope that she sees them.

MYKONOS - we did Royal’s ship’s excursion “Kalafatis Beach Tour” then later on toured the town

Kalafatis Beach - beach chairs are 6euros each, clean washroom, didn’t use the restaurant, just wanted to relax on the beach. We’d go back there again when in Mykonos.

DSC01248_zps302fe404.jpg

DSC01258_zpsec1d094c.jpg

DSC01263_zps2cc96994.jpg

Took this photo from the bus while waiting to leave the beach

DSC01273_zps62991711.jpg

Heading back to the town

DSC01304_zpsd627cdfa.jpg

DSC01305_zps7ecd83c1.jpg

Lunch at “Mykonos Resto” along the seafront - lunch and service was good, reasonable rates IMO, lunch entrees start at 9 euros. Would go back again...

DSC01313_zps10ac9f82.jpg

My lunch of chicken skewers .... very good... 10 or 12 euros I think

DSC01318_zpsbead829b.jpg

DSC01317_zps80c964d1.jpg

“Giorgia” --- and the man who raised her, her “father” Elias, posing for pictures

DSC01325_zpsaa5a63c1.jpg

On the way to see the “Windmills of Venice”

DSC01316_zps48f9dbab.jpg

DSC01334_zps26946044.jpg

DUBROVNIK - we did Royal’s excursion “Highlights of Dubrovnik Riviera” which included:

Cavtat - a picturesque seaside resort

Konavoski Dvori Restaurant, one of Adriatic coast’s foremost restaurants - included was a light snack (which looked like a good-sized lunch portion)

The Old Town of Dubrovnik.

Cavtat

DSC01686_zpscce6920e.jpg

DSC01690_zps075e7495.jpg

DSC01693_zpsaf2dbff3.jpg

Edited by LitaArn

MYKONOS and DUBROVNIK

I read from Ginagirl51’s post that she’ll be leaving for Venice tomorrow (looked up her signature and she’s sailing on the Norwegian Jade which stops in Mykonos and Dubrovnik), and luvs2beachit (Judie) is leaving too on the 22nd but won’t be stopping at those 2 ports. IF I continue to write my review in chronological order, I won’t have the time to touch on those ports in my review before she leaves. I decided to post the review of those 2 ports today and hope that she sees them.

MYKONOS - we did Royal’s ship’s excursion “Kalafatis Beach Tour” then later on toured the town

Kalafatis Beach - beach chairs are 6euros each, clean washroom, didn’t use the restaurant, just wanted to relax on the beach. We’d go back there again when in Mykonos.

DSC01248_zps302fe404.jpg

On our cruise we are docked in Mykonos 12-8pm, i wonder whether it is worth doing a beach excursion at this time or would the loungers all be taken?

Louise

Oh my goodness! I don’t know what to say, you are truly a Sweetheart.

Your words are to be treasured, priceless really. Thank You so much, but I don’t think I’m all that :o

Whenever you can, please join us on our next cruises... They are listed on my signature below. I would love to meet you someday too...

Interesting that you said that, after that I looked at your future Cruise list and low and behold there is one that I was considering - it is the one for the Panama Canal in 2014, it will be for our 40th Anniversary, but I am also considering a Baltic Cruise for that so that is why I have not made a decision yet, I have to wait till that Baltic cruise get released in the Spring- so one never knows we may see you on the Panama Canal Cruise :)

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photo's, brings back memories of the places we had been last Sept. on Splendour. Loved this trip.

Was the party band "Vicki and the Holding Company" on board. I know they were suppose to have been starting April - Sept.

Thanks again.

Interesting that you said that, after that I looked at your future Cruise list and low and behold there is one that I was considering - it is the one for the Panama Canal in 2014, it will be for our 40th Anniversary, but I am also considering a Baltic Cruise for that so that is why I have not made a decision yet, I have to wait till that Baltic cruise get released in the Spring- so one never knows we may see you on the Panama Canal Cruise [/color]:)

Let you know that my family and I had been on Disney Cruise from Florida to LA for 15 days to Panama Canal Cruise . It was awesome... I love to do it again but my husband rather do different place than go back to PC. I hope one day we will do it again...

On our cruise we are docked in Mykonos 12-8pm, i wonder whether it is worth doing a beach excursion at this time or would the loungers all be taken?

Louise

Hi Louise,

Re loungers - I think it will depend a lot on how many ships are in port that day and how early is your excursion time. So I checked the date you’ll be stopping in Mykonos on RCI’s website and saw that it’ll be on May 29th from 7am - 5pm. You’ve mentioned that your scheduled stop will be from 12-8pm. On our cruise, the original itinerary was Mykonos on the 4th day from 1-10pm, but when we got on board found out it was changed to the 5th day from 8am-6pm.

The reason why I had to check your arrival date was because I know this website that will show what will be the “Port Load” and “Other Ships in Port” that day (you probably know the website too, but if you don’t and you’d like to know, you can email me cruisecriticfan@live.ca I can’t post the website’s name here because it is against Cruise Critic’s regulations.

At this time, the list is not complete yet because your cruise is still 8 months away. From past experience, I would say that the website has been fairly correct.

When we were in Mykonos, Norwegian Jade was there too. Some of their pax were already there at the beach when we got in, but we still found us loungers right in front of the beach and still plenty more to choose from.

Hope the above info helps.

Edited by LitaArn

Interesting that you said that, after that I looked at your future Cruise list and low and behold there is one that I was considering - it is the one for the Panama Canal in 2014, it will be for our 40th Anniversary, but I am also considering a Baltic Cruise for that so that is why I have not made a decision yet, I have to wait till that Baltic cruise get released in the Spring- so one never knows we may see you on the Panama Canal Cruise [/color]:)

Oh my, we have basically the same plans too. Arn and I, together with our friends Rebecca and Blake (2tall) are planning to do a Baltic cruise in 2015.

Wouldn’t that be just wonderful to cruise with you on the Panama, and the Baltics too :D

And an advance Happy 40th Anniversary to you and your husband. What a milestone :)

Let you know that my family and I had been on Disney Cruise from Florida to LA for 15 days to Panama Canal Cruise . It was awesome... I love to do it again but my husband rather do different place than go back to PC. I hope one day we will do it again...

Glad to know you've had an awesome time sailing on the Panama Canal. We're so looking forward to do ours in 2014 :D

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photo's, brings back memories of the places we had been last Sept. on Splendour. Loved this trip.

Was the party band "Vicki and the Holding Company" on board. I know they were suppose to have been starting April - Sept.

Thanks again.

You're very welcome, and Thank You for writing in :)

Yes, Vicky and the band were there. They were really good, and Vicki’s voice was golden, quite beautiful!

My beloved parents (now both deceased), siblings, and I moved to Canada from the Philippines almost 35 years ago. The families of Vicki and her band members also were from the Philippines and moved to the States. We got acquainted during the "Disco Night". It was fun :D

Edited by LitaArn

Thanks again.

I wanted to post this photo of Vicki and her band on my earlier reply to you but didn't get a chance...

DSC01645_zpsbcde30ab.jpg

Edited by LitaArn