New Sunset Bar design on Reflection

excitedofharpenden

Phil, I picked up on this this morning also, wasn't aware they were making changes to our favorite place.

I think I like it, the actual bar at Sunset only had about 8 stools and they were so uncomfortable you could only sit there for a while; well, most of us could only sit there for a while.

This bar seems to have about twice as many seats, although they also don't look that comfortable. However, now while sitting at the bar you get a view of the ocean as opposed to staring at bottles of liquor.

We usually sit at the comfortable low tables with cushions. I need to see more of the finished product before I can tell if better overall.

It appears like there is a fair amount of storage underneath so don't think much of an issue restocking, etc.

And, it appears the glass above is tinted which will cut down on the sun.

Viva la difference!

I'll give you feedback in November! To me, it looks very interesting. More seating, more visuals then sitting looking into a bar, and it has great lines, at least to me.

Now, if I could just download the photos, photoshop me sitting there sucking down a Mojito, the photo would be even better.

Den

It's more exposed now, but to me it makes more sense to be able to sit around it like you can at say the Martini Bar. With more space created from removing some of the grass area at the rear of the Lawn Club I think it should work well and there is still a shady area where the original was. The bar is more of a "feature" now rather than pub style like before.

Phil

It kind of echoes the Martini Bar doesn't it? (which can only be a good thing IMO :D) I think it's more in keeping with the S class decor than the old one. I like it.

Wonder if it might cause a bit more congestion at busy sailaways turned that way round though? It appears to take a lot more room up that way round and needs quite a bit of clearance around it, which will mean less tables and chairs?

I think this could be fun! By the way, what is the solid structure on the right - or is it just materials waiting to be installed?

Whatever it is, it appears to be symmetrical. Here is an aerial view of the ship by Andreas Depping and although it is not zoomed in you can still make out the aft bar and that 'structure'.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/albums/2012_09_reflection_air/209A0328.JPG

I think this could be fun! By the way, what is the solid structure on the right - or is it just materials waiting to be installed?

Good spot. It's definitely a wooden structure on both sides. Those oblong shapes near the top look like built-in lights. This is the best zoomed in shot I could come up with:

2539122600054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

It's more exposed now, but to me it makes more sense to be able to sit around it like you can at say the Martini Bar. With more space created from removing some of the grass area at the rear of the Lawn Club I think it should work well and there is still a shady area where the original was. The bar is more of a "feature" now rather than pub style like before.

Phil

Hi Phil, you've yet again hit the nail on the head........:D

Good spot. It's definitely a wooden structure on both sides. Those oblong shapes near the top look like built-in lights. This is the best zoomed in shot I could come up with:

Phil

I just looked at the deck plan on Celebrity's website, and it appears like these will be bench type seating/tables.

Phil

Phil - thanks for running over and taking this snapshot. Seems like a lot of work just to answer a question on this thread and we appreciate the effort :cool:.

The photo shows the aft of the ship looks very nice overall. It remains me how nice the M class ships looked before the dropped the boxy AQ cabins on top and changed it from looking very nice from a design standpoint to something akin to a loaded container ship.

Since one side of the Sunset Bar is now smoking and the other non-smoking I wonder if the bar will be set up the same way.....hope not.

think I read somewhere it is going to be non smoking now!!!!! also I think it could be cold for the barmen when its windy up there grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Archived