Essie Nail Polish "Cruise Collection" of Colors

LauraS

• Administrators

You ladies will find this interesting.

My nail salon always uses Essie Nail Products; I also buy them myself whenever I can find a Beauty Supply that carries them (this way I can touch up colors on vacations, etc).

I sent the Essie company an e-mail, and they noticed that I work here at Cruise Critic, so they sent me along the following information on their new "line" of colors created in association with CLIA --

essie

CRUISE COLLECTION

A Partnership between Essie & the Cruise Lines International Association

April, 2005: New York – The wind in your hair, the sun on your face, sight-seeing, good times and relaxation – dreaming of a cruise? Let us make your dreams come true …

Essie and the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have teamed up for the first time to create the Cruise collection - a line of six brand new nail polish shades created with luxury cruising in mind. Carried in salons, spas and specialty stores on cruise ships and on land, this new collection is perfect for a cruise vacation or a little summer fun and relaxation.

In addition to the introduction of the bright beautiful nail polish colors, Essie and CLIA are hosting a contest for distributors, retailers, salons and consumers. By filling out a special entry form, distributors, retailers and salons have a chance to win one of three cruises that will be given away on Princess Cruise Lines, Norwegian Cruise Line and Costa Cruise Lines. Consumers can enter by obtaining an entry ballot from outlets carrying the Cruise collection or by visiting www.essie.com. Consumer prizes include: cruise vacations for two on Carnival Cruise Lines, Anne Cole bathing suits and Kenneth Cole sunglasses. The launch of this exciting new partnership will also be kicked off with an editorial event in May which will take place on the Carnival Legend ship docked in New York City.

The Cruise collection consists of:

life saver – strong glittery orange, cruise control – warm tulip pink, fun ships – soft pinky-red with a gold infusion, princess pink – glistening soft cotton candy pink, magnifico – iridescent soft light fuchsia,and jewel – shimmery raspberry

The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) is the premier nonprofit cruise industry marketing organization comprising 19 leading cruise lines, which collectively accommodate 95 percent of North American cruise passengers. CLIA member travel agencies – of which there are 16,500 – are the consumer’s very best resource when planning a cruise vacation. For more information on CLIA, cruise vacations, its member cruise lines and travel agencies, visit www.cruising.org.

Established in 1981 by Essie Weingarten, Essie Cosmetics, Ltd. has since expanded into one of the most successful nail care companies in the world offering over 250 fashion colors and total treatments for hands and feet. Today, with international distribution in over 50 countries, Essie Cosmetics is an industry icon.

Essie’s CRUISE COLLECTION joins the award winning lineup including over 200 colors.

###

See the attachment for the picture of the colors. They mention the line will be availalbe July 1. I may try the "funships" color myself a "soft pinky red with a gold infusion". Sounds nice huh?

Laura

essie.jpg

You ladies will find this interesting . . . Consumers can enter by obtaining an entry ballot from outlets carrying the Cruise collection or by visiting www.essie.com.

Is it just me, or does everyone else find the entry ballot on the site? susan.

• Administrators

I couldn't locate either, now that you mention it. Still, my intention wasn't to promote their contest...perhaps it is no longer running (see the date of the press release -- it is from April).

Laura

Archived