Lido deck balconies Caribbean Princess

san diego sue

Just got assigned Lido L242 Balcony cabin.

Is this balcony covered?

We did a BF guarantee and wound up with this cabin which is classified BA.

Not really an upgrade because when the categories get reassigned later

in 2013, this becomes a BF.We are not complaining about our not really an upgrade because we paid a great price for the cruise and am fine even with the BF(now is called BA).

I also know that if there were Caribe BA's available, we can have it switched but none available.

So all we need to know is if it is covered?

Sun deck above, not cabins.

:D

Size of balcony no problem as I have stayed on Baja many times and it was fine.

I will still keep trying to see if Caribe balcony becomes available. There are a few but they are BB, and I know Princess won't transfer me to these.

Thank you Pam for answering. We actually will be on the Caribbean princess next month on Caribe deck and will go up and check out the Lido balconies. Our cruise will be in the Caribbean in January when we have the Lido balcony so it may work our well, close to the pools.

Size of balcony no problem as I have stayed on Baja many times and it was fine.

I will still keep trying to see if Caribe balcony becomes available. There are a few but they are BB, and I know Princess won't transfer me to these.

Thank you Pam for answering. We actually will be on the Caribbean princess next month on Caribe deck and will go up and check out the Lido balconies. Our cruise will be in the Caribbean in January when we have the Lido balcony so it may work our well, close to the pools.

I will be on the 10/20 cruise with you. :D Are you packing yet?

Thanks for all your replies. I think for a warm weather cruise, I probably will be quite happy with this location and it is covered.

I did call Princess to check on Caribe deck and none available in BA category. There was BB's but since I had a guarantee(BF), they couldn't just change me to it.

We are happy.

I think they will move you from a BA to a BB. Call them.:)

They will not allow you to downgrade if you have been upgraded.Twice I have been upgraded to BA cabins and preferred a BB that I liked and Princess said absolutely not to my request for the BB.Its not logical but is their rule!

I also just received my cabin on a January cruise from a "guarantee". I was assigned L246 and I'm thrilled with the location. We only have 3 port days and will spend much of our time near the pools. While the larger balcony on the Caribe deck would be nice, I think I prefer the Lido deck. I always seem to forget something and have to run back to the cabin many times during the day.

Happy cruising!

Just checked Princess site, and there were three Caribe BA balconies available.

Called Princess back (had checked earlier and wasn't any), and got the Caribe midship balcony.

Probably should have tried the Lido balcony but I really do love the 1/2 covered half uncovered Caribe balconies. I am happy with my cabin.

Just checked Princess site, and there were three Caribe BA balconies available.

Called Princess back (had checked earlier and wasn't any), and got the Caribe midship balcony.

Probably should have tried the Lido balcony but I really do love the 1/2 covered half uncovered Caribe balconies. I am happy with my cabin.

Congrats on the good score to the Caribe balcony. We've not sailed in one as we usually do minis, but I love the looks of the large balconies on Caribe, so we may try one on a warm-weather itinerary. Enjoy!

Archived