Cruise Critic Community
littysmom

Reaggae Music on the Lido Deck?

Ok, so I hear that the have done away with the musicians that play the Reaggae music, steal drums ect. The reviews that I have been reading state that for the most part, Carnival is playing rock and rap music through their audio systems on the Lido decks. I understand the cutbacks, but I am sorry. When I go on a Caribbean cruise I want to get in the mood by listening to Calipso or Reaggae. We can all listen to the other music at home. It is so much nicer to lay out on deck and chill out to the sound of the tropics. Am I wrong in what I have read in the reviews? I am leaving on my cruise in Oct on the Legend and I am going to be so disappointed if I have to listen to rap or rock music. Can anyone say if they feel the same way? To me its all about the atmosphere.

All true. Last week on the Valor it was rap, dance music, Madonna and MJ thrown in and the Slide, Shuffle etc. Pathetic and l miss the steel drums atmosphere. Shame on Carnival.

There actually was a 2 piece band with steel drum on the Ecstasy last month. I noticed them one day.

Just sailed "Paradise" and they too had a two piece Reaggae Band on Lido, near the pool. It was very nice to hear that instead of the "rap-crap" that they've been substituting.

"SKY"