jamona2311

Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

This was a dream vacation in the making from about a year ago. My husband is a dairy farmer and the last time we had more than a 3 day vacation was 10 years ago. So, when he said that he had worked out the farming schedule so that we could go on a 10th Anniversary vacation the end of September 2012, I

mentioned a cruise! Now I had been hinting at a cruise for 14 years and he was never interested. Imagine my surprise when he actually said “ yeah sure. We can do that. “ OMG!!!!!!!!! I was beside myself with excitement and got to planning right away. I found Cruise Critic somehow and got busy. Im talking everyday, when ever I had some time, I was on CC. We booked in early December and the count down was on!! I was so prepared thanks to all you wonderful, knowlegeable people, I was not nervous at all when we left. I was ready!!

Our trip began on Tuesday September 18. Terry(DH) had morning milking and chores but was home in plenty of time for us to leave our home in SW Wisconsin for the hour drive to Madison Regional Airport. It was a beautiful day and that really seemed to be the theme for weather the whole trip. Of course that’s not what I had been seeing when looking at the 10 day on line! But thank God that was wrong!

C:\Users\gena\Pictures\ecstasy vaca nikon\DSCN1621.JPG

C:\Users\gena\Pictures\ecstasy vaca nikon\DSCN1623.JPG

We had a 4:30pm flight to Atlanta that we made in plenty of time to enjoy our first drink to celebrate the beginning of our vacation. This was Terrys first flight ever and he made sure to pack some gum just in case. Hha. He did very well and said the only problem he had was during the landings. I could kinda guess when I was like “ Hey look at that!!” and he would not look out the window. Being up in the air was fine though and we loved how the tops of the clouds looked like something outta the North Pole.

C:\Users\gena\Pictures\ecstasy vaca nikon\DSCN1624.JPG

C:\Users\gena\Pictures\ecstasy vaca nikon\DSCN1625.JPG

C:\Users\gena\Pictures\ecstasy vaca nikon\DSCN1626.JPG

Would love to see your pictures. I get the dreaded X too. :mad: I am computer dumb so can't help you, but I am very happy you had a much deserved vacation! ;):) True newbies! :p Can't wait to read more!

Can't wait to read more and see the pics..

Use imageshack to host pics for free..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I know Im working on that too. The pictures is my problem right now tho. :confused:

I just tried it using Photobucket. On the right hand side of Photobucket was something that said "Direct Link" Only after I had clicked on the picture I had uploaded to it. It gave me an Http to their site. I right clicked and copied it. I then clicked the little picture thingy up top, and highlighted the box to make it empty, then right clicked and pasted.

I unfortunately do not have any experience with Picassa 3, but I do believe you would have to go to the webpage to get the correct web address.

Yay! Can see the picture. Can't wait for your review to continue. We are going on our first cruise on the Ecstasy for our 5th anniversary :)

WWOOOOHOOOOO I can see the picture cant wait fr the rest of this review thanks for taking the time to do one for us future Ecstasy cruisers:)

My DW and my first cruise was on the Ecstasy and we were as excited as you. Been on alot cruises since then, but that one is still special.

By the way, spent 26 of my first 28 years on a dairy and I know how hard it is to get time off.

Thanks for all your replies, woohoos and encouragement. I will continue this review tomorrow evening WITH pictures and a larger font!!!! :D:D Its 10:30 here and my little computer stupid brain is fried! LOL

Good night

Woohoo!!! I can't wait to read!! 6 days and a wake up I'll be setting sail on The Ecstasy:D!!!

We will be getting on right after you get off! Have a great time!:)

Excited to read the review.. we are going on March 2nd to celebrate my oldest son graduating from college and my middle son graduating from high school!! I am beyond excited!! This will be my 4th cruise but I still get just as excited as I did for my first!!!

Looking forward to your photos!!

We think the Ecstasy is pretty great, sailing her again this Jan for our 13th anniversary. We did the same cruise last Jan, with HMC as a port of call on some of the 5 day itineraries, we think the value can't be beat!

I cant wait to get going on it too! LOL Im sitting here at work wishing I could be home getting it done for all of you.

Trust me I know Ecstasy reviews are hard to find. Months ago I put out a post that said of the best review ever ( something like that ;) ) and I intend to deliver....well at least the best I can. I love details, I love planning.

One warning tho, Im not big on caps, puncuations, spelling and run on etc. this review is for fun, Im not writing my resume. :p:D

Oh, by the way, my name is Gena. I was thinking about that this morning. Put Terrys name in there but not my own! Hha

Can't wait to see your review! We go on her in almost a month and are SOOOO excited! I'm excited to see what you did in Nassau, and how Half Moon Cay looks!

Shawn

Man, I am dying here - 2 days to go and I hopefully will be sitting on the pool deck drinking a Fun Ship Special!!;);)

Why is this the longest week in the history of mankind ?? :eek:

Excited to read the review.. we are going on March 2nd to celebrate my oldest son graduating from college and my middle son graduating from high school!! I am beyond excited!! This will be my 4th cruise but I still get just as excited as I did for my first!!!

I will be getting off the Ecstasy the day you are getting on :)

Can't wait to see your review! We go on her in almost a month and are SOOOO excited! I'm excited to see what you did in Nassau, and how Half Moon Cay looks!

Shawn

We did the booze cruise n snorkel. It was amazing and sooo much fun,

Half Moon Cay is beyond beautiful. I never wanted to get out of the water. We also rented a caban and I did the horse back riding but.......more on that later :D

Man, I am dying here - 2 days to go and I hopefully will be sitting on the pool deck drinking a Fun Ship Special!!;);)

Why is this the longest week in the history of mankind ?? :eek:

LOL thats the same thing I put on my face book the last week! It was agonizing:eek:;)

Being on a dairy farm, you both have worked hard for this vacation. Am anxiously awaiting your review!!

Thanks for posting it.

cant wait to read your review...2 more days and I will be boarding well actually 1 day 21 hours:cool:

checking things out for the next cruise already. Jan 2014 for DDs highschool and college grad party. They thought a cruise would be more fun than a party. I agree:D:D

Almost done with work. should be back to the review after I get dinner made, round 8 ish??

Almost done with work. should be back to the review after I get dinner made, round 8 ish??

Keep checking ever 10 minutes or so, now that I have a time frame I will only check every 30 minutes or so :D

Where are your priorities?

Seriously, so glad you loved your cruise, and I look forward to your review.

Kathy

Ok, it is after 8pm my time, where is this review of yours ;) :D

DSCN1618.JPG?gl=US

Packed and ready to go!!

DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6-gfy8j92SqAE#5793010971455692322DSCN1625.JPG?gl=US

Oh yeah, we're on vacation!!! At the Madison airport

DSCN1626.JPG

DSCN1627.JPG

Doesnt it look like the North pole or something??:rolleyes:

Where are your priorities?

Seriously, so glad you loved your cruise, and I look forward to your review.

Kathy

Hha I know right. should have just taken another vacation so I can do this review! Whew its kicking my butt. They werent kidding when they said a review is time consuming. Thats ok its still fun!:D

From Atlanta we flew into Orlando and got in about 10:45pm. We got our luggage and Travelynx was aready there waiting for us. He was very informative and his love of cruising was contagious.

We checked into our hotel, The Marriott Courtyard, Cocoa Beach. Since we were soooo late ( now about midnight) I didn’t get the ocean view room I had originally requested. The room was great tho! 7th floor and plenty of room and a balcony. And in the morning we could see the river and if we looked around to our right there was actually a bit of the ocean we could see. :D

We hadnt had time for dinner so we ordered a pizza for delivery. I wanted to take a walk around the grounds so I headed out for a while. I easily found the path to the beach but looking at that long dark path and thinking “hmmm its 1:30 in the morning and Im all alone….” I decided against it. Im a brave, do it yourself kinda girl but Im not stupid, Hha. I went back to the room and we called it a night.

September, 19

Do I wanna get up at 6:30 after going to sleep at 2??? Yup I got up. The shuttle endeavor was hitching a ride to California and figured it was a once in a life time chance to witness. Terry was ready to go. This was just up his alley! He got us coffees ( the hotel serves Starbucks!! Yay!!!) I finally got the chance to walk to the beach. The sun coming up was beautiful and the water was soooo warm. Now you have to understand, were from Wisconsin and lake Michigan will numb your behind from cold after just a few minutes, so this water was amazing to me.

The endeavor was supposed to leave a few days before but bad weather prevented that from happening so we were able to see it this day. It was amazing and it flies right down the space coast showing off in all its glory. Too cool!!

DSCN1634.JPG

Cocoa beach waiting for the endevor

DSCN1642.JPG

Here they come!!!

DSCN1645.JPG

And there they go!!

DSCN1644.JPG

DSCN1649.JPG

This is the path from the hotel (right behind the building on the right) to the beach.....

DSCN1651.JPG

And this is the other side of that shot

We then went to the Waffle house for breakfast before returning to our room to shower and get ready for our trip to Kennedy space center. We took a taxi that was $80 round trip. Our driver was again very informative. Terry loved the room with the Apollo 5 spanning the entire length. We also got to witness a simulated take off from the original room they used for the first trip to the moon. Complete with windows that were lit up to light up as they did that day. We also got to try out a rocket take off simulator. You get strapped in and it shakes your cheeks off!

After lunch I went looking for a place to smoke. Well KSC sends you way over to the side of the building to what seems like banishment lol I know, and I don’t mind. Yes I smoke but I hate it in my face too. Im happy to say we didn’t see any love bugs, but when I was out there I keep getting bit by little black bugs…Noseeums. Little monsters!!!

We then went to the Waffle house for breakfast before returning to our room to shower and get ready for our trip to Kennedy space center. We took a taxi that was $80 round trip. Our driver was again very informative. Terry loved the room with the Apollo 5 spanning the entire length. We also got to witness a simulated take off from the original room they used for the first trip to the moon. Complete with windows that were lit up to light up as they did that day. We also got to try out a rocket take off simulator. You get strapped in and it shakes your cheeks off!

After lunch I went looking for a place to smoke. Well KSC sends you way over to the side of the building to what seems like banishment lol I know, and I don’t mind. Yes I smoke but I hate it in my face too. Im happy to say we didn’t see any love bugs, but when I was out there I keep getting bit by little black bugs…Noseeums. Little monsters!!!

DSCN1657.JPG

DSCN1672.JPG

DSCN1691.JPG

DSCN1684.JPG

DSCN1713.JPG