Ecstasy is too small a word for this cruise. Our picture review 9/20-24, 2012

jamona2311

Fantastic review so far! We love PC and Cocoa Beach ... and ur pics of the area are GREAT ... i especially love the pics of the 747/Space Shuttle buzzing the beach .. i'm SO jealous -- wish i was there to see that! And for the cruise too, of course!

Keep up the great work ... looking fwd to the rest!

Great review so far!! Sailed the Ecstasy out of Galveston a few years ago...love the Fantasy class ships!

We are doing the Dream in November..so thanks for the info and pics of Fishlips....for sure dinner one night!!

Sorry to hijack (love the review by the way). We ALWAYS go to Fishlips before a cruise, and I am originally from Orlando and use to go to Jetty Park often to watch the ships leave and Fishlips was the place to go. We never had a problem finding a table.

Thanks we were debating between Fishlips, Grills, and Rusty's but I have some great things about Fishlips. We just want some good tasting fish and a nice place to watch the ships leave. It seems like a perfect way to begin the second half of our cruise vacation. We are doing a back-to-back on the Ecstasy and the Sensation

Your welcome everyone! Im so glad you are enjoying the pre cruise fun. I know a lot of people dont put that in so I was kind of on the fence but now Im glad I did. Looks like Fishlips owes me a shout out.....or more Nachos!!! LOL :D:p:cool::p

I believe you have convinced a group of us to try Fishlips. Mhurst and I are both on the Ecstasy together on December 3 sailing so it looks like Fishlips may have a crowd that night

Then that would be a perfect way to spend your in between time Wrigley! :D

Oh did I mention??? SO JEALOUS!!! :p;)

Its the first time we are doing a back-to-back. With us being from Illinois the airfare is often more than the cruise so my dad and I decided that for this vacation we wanted to do a 5 day and 4 day cruise rather than a 7 day cruise. Makes more sense for us and the back-to-back cruises were cheaper than a 7 day on the Conquest would have been. We couldn't pass it up.

Thanks again so much for your review. I have recommended everyone on our roll call to check it out. Keep the pictures and review coming

At work right now but have had the chance to write up a lot more here and print to take home and just add it with the pics. I will get to that later this after noon.

I like letting you all know when Ill be back so you know when to check. HHA Im sure that makes it easier it also lets you know I havent abandoned my review. Darn life keeps getting in the way :rolleyes::p

I believe you have convinced a group of us to try Fishlips. Mhurst and I are both on the Ecstasy together on December 3 sailing so it looks like Fishlips may have a crowd that night

Fishlips is alotta fun .. but if it's too crowded when you get there, or if you wanna just hop around, there are 3 other places right along there .. all basically similar and all right along the canal with outdoor patios to watch the ships from:

Millikens Reef

Rusty's

The Cove

Ecstasy was the first to go followed by Sensation and the Disney Dream. We walked around a bit more and then went back to our cabin for a little nap and then to unpack. The aft balcony is bigger than the standard and with that beautiful, blue water and the wake it was hypnotizing sitting out there. We spent a lot of time just relaxing and enjoying that balcony. We never really sat out on the public decks. Why when we could have our outside personal space and the convenience of our room and a view to boot! Hha

Caught the beginning of the sun set and then headed off to dinner. Now I meant to take lots of pictures of food but I mostly ended up eating it before I remembered. So, there will be a few pictures but not many. I did make it a point to remember at the chefs table!

When we came to the Windstar dining room for our anytime dining they were just finishing up the waiters dance. Oh poo :,( We never waited for a table, just gave our room number and were seated. Now watch it because they will right away offer you bottled water or mineral water for a fee mind you. You can get regular iced water too. I ordered a glass of wine and Terry got a Fosters. One of only a few beers he got the entire trip. He really enjoys trying to beer but surprisingly went mostly with fruity icy concoctions or martinis ( mostly chocolate ones, hehe, hes a choco junkie!)

For dinner I had….. ESCARGOTS!!! Yummers. Love them! And love that they were served with the garlic butter and not in a pastry. So good. Terry had the beef and barley. Hes not a foodie by any means. The boy loves his meat and potatoes. See why he would totally miss the point of a Chefs Table dinner?? Hha.

For the main entrée, I had the Cinnamon, pumpkin, squash, yam, cheddar pot pie ( whew that was a mouth full) it was really good. Terry tried the beef brisket. Desert was WCMC for me and he had the black forest cake. After a bite of mine tho he had to get WCMC for himself ( I knew it!! ) and I also tried the cheese plate.

Everything was tasty the entire time, food was warm, service was good. No dining room complaints at all Im happy to say.

022.JPG

red bull for energy water for thrist, fosters for Terry and wine for me!;)

023.JPG

The really long named but yummy pot pie with polenta on the side.

024.JPG

Cheese plate. And basically thats it for good pics till the chef table

After dinner we went back to our room for some balcony time. Are you seeing a trend yet??? Fun, drink, balcony, fun, drink, balcony….We did leave again after our food had settled and went to the Liquor tasting. While waiting in line we met a fun, crazy guy from California who talked about being able to get us some medicinal marijuana!! EEEK well ….ummm…no thanks. If I want it I can get it myself thank you very much…kinda…I think I know some ppl…I think… Anyways we laughed along but declined.

Next was the Welcome Aboard show and enjoyed another drink. This time it was the Mango daquri. Oh yummy. Love anything mango. Anyway, the show right??. It wasn’t anything like the Vegas type shows Ive heard of in the past, the just had members of the audience come up and humiliate them ( not really) but it was flippin funny!! They had a rope with a spoon tied to the end and it had to go down a womens shirt/dress and then down a mans shorts/pants. It was soooo funny trying to watch these ppl help each other in their respective teams. And Brent Mitchell, the new cruise director wasn’t any help! Hes really funny too. I didn’t seem him around much but from the shows we did see he was hilarious and and instigator for trouble. We also got a preview of the comedians.

After the show we went to Stripes for a bit. Kinda like a dance/night club kinda thing going on there. They let you smoke in there too!! From there it was the late night adult comedy and it was this guy with a cow boy hat on and a definite twang to his voice and style. He was funny but Carl Strong the next night had me laughing till my face was cramping up and I was crying. Good shows!!

Before calling it a night we went for a walk around the ship again and stood out on one of the front decks into the wind. It was nice tho, not really cold and there was a little bit of lightening off in the distance along with Sensation and Dream still I think. I took some more pics ( Terry doesn’t do CC so he didn’t understand and was kinda getting annoyed with my pic taking obsession…poor guy} We had a little bit more balcony time (shhhh I think there may be some kind of “club “ for this kinda balcony time…..oops this I write that out loud?!?!?) And that’s where Ill end this first night at sea.....hehe

028.JPG

Mango Daq mmmmmm Dont remember what Terrys was called...

DSCN1879.JPG

slides at night and whale tail

DSCN1867.JPG

Citi lights Blvd with Formalities on the left. Love the lit up tables.

DSCN1866.JPG

Love this shot of the Metropolis bar

DSCN1869.JPG

the glass elevator

DSCN1868.JPG

So glad I found your review,

We love the Ecstasy......we are sailing her again next May and guess what we are in Room E240....what a small world.

Please share with me your secret for getting the lounge chair, we'd love to have one.

Susan

Id seen it done it another CC post, so i thought it would be worth a shot to ask Ben. He did it!! I hope you have him as a room steward, hes kinda like a ninga but when you do catch him hes a sweet heart. I have a good story near the end about him.

We really loved that room and hope you do too. Im soooo jealous! Hha:D

Oh before I go. There was someone who asked me about the slides??? We never used them but heard they were really fun! I will have a few more pics in the review of them too from my "top to bottom ship walk".

This walk was my serch for the illusive Ecstasy Coins. Did I find them?????

Ecstasy was the first to go followed by Sensation and the Disney Dream. We walked around a bit more and then went back to our cabin for a little nap and then to unpack. The aft balcony is bigger than the standard and with that beautiful, blue water and the wake it was hypnotizing sitting out there. We spent a lot of time just relaxing and enjoying that balcony. We never really sat out on the public decks. Why when we could have our outside personal space and the convenience of our room and a view to boot! Hha

Caught the beginning of the sun set and then headed off to dinner. Now I meant to take lots of pictures of food but I mostly ended up eating it before I remembered. So, there will be a few pictures but not many. I did make it a point to remember at the chefs table!

When we came to the Windstar dining room for our anytime dining they were just finishing up the waiters dance. Oh poo :,( We never waited for a table, just gave our room number and were seated. Now watch it because they will right away offer you bottled water or mineral water for a fee mind you. You can get regular iced water too. I ordered a glass of wine and Terry got a Fosters. One of only a few beers he got the entire trip. He really enjoys trying to beer but surprisingly went mostly with fruity icy concoctions or martinis ( mostly chocolate ones, hehe, hes a choco junkie!)

For dinner I had….. ESCARGOTS!!! Yummers. Love them! And love that they were served with the garlic butter and not in a pastry. So good. Terry had the beef and barley. Hes not a foodie by any means. The boy loves his meat and potatoes. See why he would totally miss the point of a Chefs Table dinner?? Hha.

For the main entrée, I had the Cinnamon, pumpkin, squash, yam, cheddar pot pie ( whew that was a mouth full) it was really good. Terry tried the beef brisket. Desert was WCMC for me and he had the black forest cake. After a bite of mine tho he had to get WCMC for himself ( I knew it!! ) and I also tried the cheese plate.

Everything was tasty the entire time, food was warm, service was good. No dining room complaints at all Im happy to say.

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

I keep reading good things about the pot pie.

Question: Would you say that it has a lot of cheddar in it or just a little (Cheese-lover here)?

Great review btw!

022.JPG

023.JPG

024.JPG

I love that pot pie thing. I try to get it every cruise. I enjoy all the meatless entrees. (and some with meat, too)

From here until Tuesday you can't have a life...you need to post post post. :p

I kid...kind of. ;)

Sitting on the edge of my seat here as I scour the web for more Ecstasy reviews/pictures leading up to cruise on her this week. :D :D :D

Archived