Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alan45

Legend Of The Seas May7th - 21st May

Just returned from this cruise and overall was very pleased BUT RCI decided not to use dollars on this ship but sterling instead. I got the impression as did most people that they seemed to use a very unfair conversion rate.:mad: I really would love to hear from anyone else who was on this cruise or indeed anyone who can tell me the current prices on Us $ based cruises for some of the essentials on board like Beer :D and Cocktails.:D

If you're an American, then that would be a big OUCH!. Last time I looked (about a month or two ago), the conversion seemed to be $1.33 to the Sterling Pound. Depending on the price of items on board that could increase the cost of the cruise considerably. From the sound of your post it you apparently feel that it did.

Im not American but have travelled with RCI many times before and was always used to my bill being in US$. In their wisdom RCI decided to make this cruise £ sterling. But they did not seem to charge the equivalent rate as if we had been paying in dollars. A beer cost the equivalent of $7 and cocktails nearer $10.

How did the Legend look? Didn't is just come back from drydock? What was refurbished?

Sher

Just returned from this cruise and overall was very pleased BUT RCI decided not to use dollars on this ship but sterling instead. I got the impression as did most people that they seemed to use a very unfair conversion rate.:mad: I really would love to hear from anyone else who was on this cruise or indeed anyone who can tell me the current prices on Us $ based cruises for some of the essentials on board like Beer :D and Cocktails.:D

Hi,

We will be sailing on that ship in another few weeks. Do you have any tips you could share with us.

Thanks

THe main tip is ENJOY. Seriously though. I am in work at the minute and havent much time to surf but I will post a fuller reply this evening. Suffice to say we had a great time. :)