Complimentary bottle of wine - Transatlantic cruise

kirsty_r

Did anyone else see the offer about 1st night speciality dining = complimentary bottle of house wine in the insider magazine? I was going to ask my cruise consultant about it as I hadn't seen it advertised anywhere else. Any limitations do we think??

Did anyone else see the offer about 1st night speciality dining = complimentary bottle of house wine in the insider magazine? I was going to ask my cruise consultant about it as I hadn't seen it advertised anywhere else. Any limitations do we think??

On the Dawn to Bermuda on September 7th I asked the HD and he said they stopped that on September 1st. I don't know if it was only for the Bermuda Cruises or for all ships.

I don't have a very sophisticated palate, but the wine (Tisdale) is horrible. I hear there is an option to take 20% off a wine list bottle, and maybe an option to take a mixed drink or beer instead. All of these are preferable options, IMHO.

I don't have a very sophisticated palate, but the wine (Tisdale) is horrible. I hear there is an option to take 20% off a wine list bottle, and maybe an option to take a mixed drink or beer instead. All of these are preferable options, IMHO.

Mine must be worse as I enjoyed the Merlot :)

haha. same here. We ate at Moderno before 6 and each couple (5 of them) got a bottle of wine, including one that didn't drink :D

While I AM a beer snob, I'm pretty laid back on wine and found the Tisdale merlot to be fine for my unsophisticated wine pallet.

I was talking about the specific advertised promo in latitudes insider, so available on ALL transatlantic cruises... presumably inluding next Aprils. I don't normally do speciality dining but was considering it for the wine ;)

http://www.ncllatitudesmagazine.com/tabid/108/default.aspx

Enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine with dinner.

• Our ships offer up to 21 different dining options, many of them included in your fare. Try a different menu almost every night, or savor your favorites over and over again.
  • When you dine in a specialty restaurant on your first night at sea, you can enjoy a complimentary bottle of house wine (for parties of eight or less).

Yes Kirsty I must have seen the same online lattitude page as you,which mentioned the free bottle of wine on transatlantic cruises if eating in a speciality restaurant on embarkation night,so I have printed it off to give the waiter in Cagneys next Sunday when we sail Transatlantic on the Epic to Miami,just in case he forgets about the offer,every little helps as they say.Will let you knowif we managed it on our return.

Yes Kirsty I must have seen the same online lattitude page as you,which mentioned the free bottle of wine on transatlantic cruises if eating in a speciality restaurant on embarkation night,so I have printed it off to give the waiter in Cagneys next Sunday when we sail Transatlantic on the Epic to Miami,just in case he forgets about the offer,every little helps as they say.Will let you knowif we managed it on our return.

thank you!!

Enjoy the TA! I did it the opposite way earlier this year, and it was AMAZING! :)

To funny cause I was going to say something similar; we wouldn't rate it top of the line, but everytiime we have received a complimentary bottle it has been very drinkable; pretty much like we drink at home on casual nights but not what we would serve to company..

To funny cause I was going to say something similar; we wouldn't rate it top of the line, but everytiime we have received a complimentary bottle it has been very drinkable; pretty much like we drink at home on casual nights but not what we would serve to company..

Do you have Stater Brothers where you are? If you do, try their wine at the same price point - Hayden-Harlow. Compared to The Tisdale, it's like nectar from the Gods! :)

Archived