Eurodam vs Westerdam

SplitRaindrop

This year we'll be on our second Smooth Jazz Cruise (a full ship charter) on the Westerdam. However in 2014 the cruise will be on the Eurodam instead. Our first year we booked 5060 (VF) and this year we'll be in 7038 (VA). So now I'm trying to decide what to book for 2014. Are the room's similar on the Eurodam? How do the ships compare? This will be our honeymoon (we got engaged on the Westerdam so I'm a tad bummed about change of ship). We'd love to splurge for a higher category but the charter cruise is significantly more expensive that your average HAL cruise so we'll have to see what our budget can handle. Any tips for this ship? They layout looks similar but I'm just curious. Thanks!

They are very similar on most decks. If you want to get something similar to what you had on the Westerdam you can check the deck plans to see what would be in the same location. 5060 seems to be the same cabin on both while 7038 on the Westerdam seem to have 7028 as its match on the Eurodam.

This year we'll be on our second Smooth Jazz Cruise (a full ship charter) on the Westerdam. However in 2014 the cruise will be on the Eurodam instead. Our first year we booked 5060 (VF) and this year we'll be in 7038 (VA). So now I'm trying to decide what to book for 2014. Are the room's similar on the Eurodam? How do the ships compare? This will be our honeymoon (we got engaged on the Westerdam so I'm a tad bummed about change of ship). We'd love to splurge for a higher category but the charter cruise is significantly more expensive that your average HAL cruise so we'll have to see what our budget can handle. Any tips for this ship? They layout looks similar but I'm just curious. Thanks!

Tips for the Eurodam.

OP, you are going to LOVE the Eurodam. No question about it. It is slightly larger, lots newer, many more activities and gathering areas. We really enjoyed the Tamarind restaurant & their adjoining lounge overlooking the midship pool (not available on the Westerdam), plus the overall look of the ship. Enjoy your honeymoon! Vicki

We've been on both the Westerdam and Eurodam and wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise on either again.

The cabins themselves are virtually the same, as others have said, the Eurodam has more cabins so the numbering scheme is somewhat different, just check the deck plans.

The only area we felt the Westerdam was better than the Eurodam was the Lido Restaurant. Due to the extra capacity the Lido was more crowded than on the Westerdam. We were still always able to find a seat, etc, but it was noticeably busier.

As mentioned, the Tamarind and Silk Den are BIG pluses for the Eurodam. We did both a lunch and a dinner in the Tamarind on the Eurodam on both cruises and consider it a "do not miss experience.

I think if you are happy with the Westerdam you will love the Eurodam as well.

Archived