BugsyCruiser

LIVE(or at least my best attempt) from the Oasis Of The Seas, sailing October 13th

Hello cruising friends!! Inspired by fellow CC member Radio, it's time for my live report from Oasis, sailing this Saturday!!

I will attempt to do a live report as best I can of each day's activities and fun aboard the world's largest cruise ship!! This will be a first for me, both a live report and aboard this spectacular ship. I will post pictures as we go along so join me for some fun the next several days. As Radio would say it, "Thanks for tuning in." :)

In case anyone wants to know what camera I am using, this link will tell you all about it: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+NEX-5N+16.1-Megapixel+Digital+Camera+with+18-55mm+Lens+-+Silver/3187031.p?id=1218385838199&skuId=3187031

Here's Oasis(courtesy Photobucket)

800px-Oasis_of_the_Seas_zps9c8d4eb6.jpg

Let the fun begin!! :)

:) Saw this message and was thinking - we aren't on board yet!

Look forward to seeing your review - and being on board!

Bags all packed and ready to go for my trip to the pre flight hotel by O'hare.

I'll be departing from Chicago O'hare on United 1575 at 10:05am. More to come later :)

003_zps7f566562.jpg

:) Saw this message and was thinking - we aren't on board yet!

Look forward to seeing your review - and being on board!

Trying to do it just like Radio does and start out a couple of days early to build up the anticipation and excitement. Can't wait to see all of you on board! :D

Edited by Bugsy4271

Great job Chris!!!!

I can see you are going to have a huge following!

gc

Great job Chris!!!!

I can see you are going to have a huge following!

gc

I appreciate that! Radio inspired me to give this a shot, it's gonna be a lot of fun

I'll be reading and wishing I were onboard! You're going to have a great time! We did Oasis a year ago and she is definitely a beautiful ship. Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sure it take up a lot of time, but all of us at home certainly appreciate it.

Hi Chris

I've been following your roll call. My mom and sister are on your sailing. I'll be following your reports so I know what they could be doing. I'm on the 10/20 sailing with my mom.

Carolyn

Bon Voyage to the Oasis Oct.20 cruise. I have been following your posts as well as Oct.13th. I love the portevergladeswebcam.com and the "SailAway" music and the Oasis leaving the port last weekend. The Pink Boas looked like they were ready for a blast and are probably waiting for the rest of you to join them.

Chris, I look forward to your "live on the Oasis." These "live reports" are keeping me busy. Pia's reports from Asia were outstanding. Now she is going to Hawaii on the Star Princess and I think another 2 month South American cruise.

I appreciate you doing it. I will be anxious to hear about the pros and cons on the ship. Meanwhile I am trying to pack for my Nov.4 southerCarib cruise on the Ruby Princess.

Sali

Thanks for the live report! When you are disembarking we will be waiting to board lady O. Have a safe flight and cruise! If you drink let us know the best bar tender and where to find them.

Happy cruising :D

I appreciate that! Radio inspired me to give this a shot, it's gonna be a lot of fun

Wahoo!! A new "Live" to follow! Know what you mean by Radio inspired. Radio's and Trainman's inspired me too, when I did one back in July and will be doing my second "Live" in less than a month.

Excellent start!

Have a great time! Bring back lots of details. We sail this same itinerary on November 10th. We have no idea what we are going to do in Falmouth yet. Maybe you'll inspire us LOL

bon voyage!

Green start Chris. However I won't be following your review. I'll be living it with you! See you Saturday! :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Trying to do it just like Radio does and start out a couple of days early to build up the anticipation and excitement. Can't wait to see all of you on board! :D

It will be fun to read your posts. We are in Ft. Lauderdale right now getting ready for the same sailing.

Green start Chris. However I won't be following your review. I'll be living it with you! See you Saturday! :D

Make that 2 of us! :D

Hi all! Great to see so many people eager to tune it to this "live" review. I will definitely let all of you what the best things are to do on board and will let you know who the best bartender is! :D

I arrived at my pre flight hotel a couple of hours ago and checked in. Then time for dinner. I chose the Super 8 in Elk Grove Village. As usual, Super 8 provides nice clean, affordable accommodations.

004_zpsc8b2686f.jpg

Dinner at Longhorn. Ah nothing like a good steak for dinner...

005_zps74ec240d.jpg

Bon Voyage to the Oasis Oct.20 cruise. I have been following your posts as well as Oct.13th. I love the portevergladeswebcam.com and the "SailAway" music and the Oasis leaving the port last weekend. The Pink Boas looked like they were ready for a blast and are probably waiting for the rest of you to join them.

Chris, I look forward to your "live on the Oasis." These "live reports" are keeping me busy. Pia's reports from Asia were outstanding. Now she is going to Hawaii on the Star Princess and I think another 2 month South American cruise.

I appreciate you doing it. I will be anxious to hear about the pros and cons on the ship. Meanwhile I am trying to pack for my Nov.4 southerCarib cruise on the Ruby Princess.

Sali

We loved our S Caribbean cruise - just wanted to say hello to a fellow 'Cuse Fan (I'm assuming?)!

I am going to miss your October 13th roll call. I am on the 20th sailing, so I always read your post. I learned so much. Enjoy your cruise and I will be glad to read all about your cruise that you will be enjoying. I will be watching the sailaway.

Madelynn

We loved our S Caribbean cruise - just wanted to say hello to a fellow 'Cuse Fan (I'm assuming?)!

Yes, I am a big SU fan ! It seems strange we are going to the ACC. But we will still have Pitt,and reunited with Boston College, Miami ,Va Tech and partial ND again.

I just noticed I wrote S.Carib cruise but actually it is an Eastern Carib on the Ruby Princess. In April I did the S.Carib on the Crown and am looking to book another one on the S.Carib. That M & G was a great one.Many on that cruise are going again on the new Royal Princess Nov.10,2013.

Sali

WOOOOHOOOOO - another live review - love'em!!!

We'll be boarding her in 200+ days. Way too long to wait so I will just have to live vicariously through these live reports.

;)

Thanks so much for taking the time!!!

Barb

Good morning cruising friends!! Welcome to day two of "Live" from the Oasis Of The Seas. Sleep here at the motel was so-so. Heading for the airport in an about an hour for my 10:05 am flight to Fort Lauderdale.

It rained here overnight but nothing major, looks like no flights have been effected. I'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 when I arrive. Updates to come whenever possible

Thanks for tuning in :)

Have a safe flight! Wish I was going with you. I have 2 more weeks, then it's Explorer for us to Bermuda! Enjoying your "live" review. Thanks for taking the time to spend with all your CC friends!

Hello from Ohare International everybody! Flight 1575 for Fort Lauderdale departs in just under an hour and a half from now

456195_496355577055893_2050245008_o_zpsc68850e5.jpg

Keep up the good work Bugsy4271 !

Great Pics:)

I will be following along . . .

Radio

;);)

Have a great cruise!

Good luck with the live report, hope you find doing it a lot of fun!

Looking forward to your Live review. I will be on the Oasis Eastern caribbean Dec. 1st and any pics, tips, info will be welcome.

Hope you have an awesome time on your cruise.