Pellaz

Liberty 9/29 review -- Good, but alas, not great

Paul, what an outstanding review! Thanks for taking the time to post your comments and photos! It was very nice to meet you.

You, too! The Roll Call really helped 'make' this cruise for me. There were some really trying moments and the friendly greets from fellow members of the roll call meant a lot! :)

Great review Paul and it was indeed a pleasure to cruise with you. Hopefully we can meet up again in the future.

I don't want to hijack your post but you did mention us in your review so I'll quickly add a little...

Heck, I'm glad you're adding some perspective!

My wife is the one whose luggage was lost. She went all week without her clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc... Thanks to others we met on the roll call, she had some borrowed clothes to work with. Donna was very excited when walking around Old San Juan she found a Marshall's clothing store. She was able to buy some more clothes to get her through the rest of the week. Guest Services worked with us almost to our satisfaction and they did give her some on board credit to try to replace some things but the gift shops have very limited stock. What really sucked was that the luggage was on the ship the entire week because it was sitting in front of our cabin door on debarkation day when we came back from having breakfast. Go figure.

I had a weird thought.....what if it had been found at the pier and then they brought it out on the pilot boat? Nahhhh, it was in someone's cabin the whole time. Boggles the mind, really....

Other than all that, I have to agree with you Paul that the MDR left a lot to be desired. Service was slow and the food just wasn't as good as it has been in the past.

What dining time and room did you have, and where were you seated? We were in the very back of the Silver Olympian, and one oft-mentioned hypothesis has been that "The farther you are from the maitre'd, the slower your service might be." We were apparently on Mars.

Grand Turk was our favorite stop and if you get a chance to go there again, be sure to go down the beach about 500 yards to Jack's Shack and have the Jerk Chicken...you won't be disappointed.

Yep, next time I don't expect to be tied to a cabana or to family, so I'd like to check out more of the island, Jack's Shack, Governor's Beach, etc. Heck, I'm eyeing this same itinerary for NEXT year! (Or maybe Carnival Victory's which is similar.)

I've finally got my videos from this cruise posted in the following playlist on YouTube:

:D