gb88

Boarding Avalon Creativity in Paris

Can anyone tell me about the boarding process in Paris? I understand everyone meets at a hotel and is then bused to the ship. What hotel(s) is typically used and what time do people have to get to that hotel? What time does boarding begin? Is it in time for lunch or later? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Can anyone tell me about the boarding process in Paris? I understand everyone meets at a hotel and is then bused to the ship. What hotel(s) is typically used and what time do people have to get to that hotel? What time does boarding begin? Is it in time for lunch or later? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Moving up as I am interested in also. Especially boarding time

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Note that the original was from 2012. You might want to search out Avalon on the River Cruising forum. I think that Avalon no longer has everyone meet at a hotel. If that is true, you can probably dump your luggage and go back out and explore until mid-afternoon or have lunch on board. Other lines at least (and I think Avalon now too) give you the run of the ship except your cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just received this info from Avalon:

Arrival Procedure:

Upon arrival at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, please claim your luggage and after leaving the claim area proceed towards the central hall near the main exit. You will need to pass some small shops and little bars to arrive at the official meeting point of Schiphol airport. It is a big Red & White checkerboard structure. Here the AVALON WATERWAYS representative will meet you and take care of your transfer to the ship. Please look out for the AVALON WATERWAYS sign and AVALON flag.

In the unlikely event that your luggage is missing you must make a "Lost Luggage" claim in the appropriate office within the luggage claim area. If possible, a member of your party should advise our representative of your delay.

Your Cruise Director will be waiting for you at the ship with information on existing optional excursions. Official check in time to your stateroom is 4pm.

Optional excursions will start from the ship.

In the “contact information” section of this booklet you will find important information concerning your ship and your Cruise Director.

We leave Sept. 22 on Avalon Tranquility II

We did Paris/Normandy with Avalon last October. We were taken to a hotel as the boat was not ready when we arrived.

We were within easy walking distance of the Eiffel Tower. They had pastries and beverages (hot & cold) available throughout the day. We did not board until late afternoon, so we had lunch at a restaurant in the area and wandered around (we would have done the Eiffel Tower, but had a "beneath the Eiffel Tower tour" booked at the end of our cruise, so did not have any reason to visit that day....).

There is a room at the hotel where they store your luggage - and they give you a departure time from the hotel so you just have to be back to catch the bus.

Fran