Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

Just read your Allure review and so glad you are going again. Looking forward to your review as we are sailing her in 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for reading! You chose well, she's a fantastic ship :)

Pool Deck as I walked forward, toward the Solarium.

Children's Pool Area:

Allure2012495.jpg

Beach Pool (my favorite):

Allure2012496.jpg

Allure2012497.jpg

Cantilevered Whirlpool:

Allure2012498.jpg

Allure2012500.jpg

I was a little disappointed in the Solarium Bistro since I was hoping they would have berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) available during breakfast, and they weren't there. However, they did have pineapple, mangoes, honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe, and grapefruit available every morning. I really enjoyed being able to have mangoes every day.

Thanks so much for your review. I'm finding it super helpful as we plan our first RCL cruise in February. I had two questions: 1) I saw you grabbed breakfast/fruit at the Solarium. Can you take fruit to go? Am asking as my kids would LOVE fresh mango but I know that the Solarium is for adults only. 2) My second question is how did you do both shows and dinning. For us we have early dinning at 6 pm for the kids. I see that some of the shows are at 8 pm but don't think realistically we would be done in time. I would love if dinner was fast but experience on other cruises tells me it's always over an hour (more 1 1/2 hours) so I'm worried about having time for dinner and still being able to see the show noting that you have to get there early even with a reservation. Finally, how early would you recommend to get for the shows?

Thanks and thanks so much for your great review!

Thanks so much for your review. I'm finding it super helpful as we plan our first RCL cruise in February. I had two questions: 1) I saw you grabbed breakfast/fruit at the Solarium. Can you take fruit to go? Am asking as my kids would LOVE fresh mango but I know that the Solarium is for adults only. 2) My second question is how did you do both shows and dinning. For us we have early dinning at 6 pm for the kids. I see that some of the shows are at 8 pm but don't think realistically we would be done in time. I would love if dinner was fast but experience on other cruises tells me it's always over an hour (more 1 1/2 hours) so I'm worried about having time for dinner and still being able to see the show noting that you have to get there early even with a reservation. Finally, how early would you recommend to get for the shows?

Thanks and thanks so much for your great review!

Hi there! Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to Royal Caribbean :)

Yes, you can take the fruit to go. I did that each morning on Allure, to complement our room service breakfast. Total yum!

We actually had My Time Dining, so we could enjoy dinner around the show times. It normally takes us about an hour to 90 minutes to finish dinner, so if you're seated and order right away at 6 PM, you should be finished by 7:30. Plenty of time to walk to the show venue.

If you have to see a show, feel free to let your waiters know that you would like to go a little faster. They'll do their best to accommodate you. I would say it's ideal to head straight to the show after dinner, getting you there about 25-20 minutes early. Enjoy!

Thanks, Faith!

I'll be following!!!!

One question I had from your previous review - you posted the menus from the MDR that were taken off the TV screen in your cabin. Were you in a suite? or do all cabins have the menus posted somewhere on their TV screen?

Thanks, Faith!

I'll be following!!!!

One question I had from your previous review - you posted the menus from the MDR that were taken off the TV screen in your cabin. Were you in a suite? or do all cabins have the menus posted somewhere on their TV screen?

All the cabins have the menus posted. I think it was visible under the guest services channel, where you can view the charges to your room, etc. There's a room service and dining room menu section in that area. If someone who has been aboard Allure recently could chime in to be sure I'm describing this correctly, that would be great. :)

Our bed was by the closet, and you know what? I actually liked it that way. First of all, it wasn't that tight of a squeeze between the bed and the closet. Second, unpacking was a breeze since I could sit on the bed and put everything into the closet. Third (since I slept closest to the door), I didn't have to stumble and grope in the dark when I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It was literally two steps and I was there. It was nice to have the sitting area closer to the balcony, since we like to admire the view often and could sit on the couch or on the balcony to do that. A really nice setup

I love having the bed by the closet. I enjoy being able to sit by the balcony and enjoy the view as well. I think it makes the room feel bigger. The other advantage, to me, is that you don't spend all of your time moving your chair for the other person to go by if you are trying to put on makeup and get ready for the evening.

I might have missed this but to you care to tell the number of your Cabana on Barefoot beach. It looks like a level area and I need that. Also is barefoot for anyone that want to rent a cabana or is it just for suite guest. Of sorry one more question does the cabana attendant bring your lunch? Thanks and loving all your photo's and review. Will be taking my grandson on his graduation cruise in April 2017 on the Allure. :)

Tonight was Formal Night, and lobster was served (yay!). If you're looking for it on the menu, it's called the Fisherman's Plate. I had my go-to appetizer, the mushrooms in puff pastry. I think the lobster tails were larger than I recalled from previous cruises. And of course, the waiters come and take the meat out of the shells for you, and drizzle melted butter over the lobster if you want it. I had two :)

Allure20121052.jpg

Allure20121053.jpg?t=1351443555

Allure20121058.jpg?t=1351443614

Allure20121060.jpg

Wondering which Formal night Lobster is serving or is it both nights. Thanks

As usual, the morning of departure was a sad one. We woke up pretty early and went to the Park Cafe for breakfast. I think we went there around 6:30 AM. I wish we had stopped in there a couple times during the cruise. Breakfast was very good! They had bagels with toppings made-to-order, oatmeal, fruit, and various breakfast sandwiches. I had oatmeal, and sun-dried tomatoes, eggs, and Mexican Beans in a flour tortilla. It was delicious!

Allure20121587.jpg?t=1354572373

Allure20121588.jpg

Allure20121589.jpg

Allure20121590.jpg

Allure20121592.jpg

Is there a charge of the Park Café. Thanks

i would love to see a model of the song of norway next to a model of the allure!! the allure looks gigantic when it's docked next to other big ships, so i can imagine the song of norway would probably look like a lifeboat in comparison to the allure..

[/center]

i didn't realize smoking's permitted in dazzles :eek:

i wonder if it's terribly smoky in there, even in the non-smoking area...

I see they list ocean view balcony?? so you can smoke on your balcony if you have one that faces the ocean. Thanks

I love having the bed by the closet. I enjoy being able to sit by the balcony and enjoy the view as well. I think it makes the room feel bigger. The other advantage, to me, is that you don't spend all of your time moving your chair for the other person to go by if you are trying to put on makeup and get ready for the evening.

So true. This time, we'll have our bed by the balcony. We enjoy that too, since you get that lovely view from the comfort of your bed. Either way, we're happy to be onboard :)

I might have missed this but to you care to tell the number of your Cabana on Barefoot beach. It looks like a level area and I need that. Also is barefoot for anyone that want to rent a cabana or is it just for suite guest. Of sorry one more question does the cabana attendant bring your lunch? Thanks and loving all your photo's and review. Will be taking my grandson on his graduation cruise in April 2017 on the Allure. :)

My pleasure! We had cabana #S9. We never asked them to bring out lunch; I think you may have to get that yourself. They do bring drinks, though.

Congratulations to your grandson! What a nice way to celebrate.