Ft Lauderdale help to kill time

chriscec2012

We will be arriving back to POM on Saturday morning and our flight leaves from FLL at 7:45PM. We will have to get transportation back to FLL. Anyone have suggestions on how to kill 8-10 hours (keep in mind we will have our luggage). Is it possible to check our bags in even though we will be many hours early and then get a taxi and checkout the area?

Unless the cruise line has special arrangements with your airline carrier you can only check in bags at Fort Lauderdale Airport around three hours before the scheduled flight.

The options that come to mind are to book a post cruise shore excursion that includes drop off at the airport and another option is to rent a car for the day.

Keith

We will be arriving back to POM on Saturday morning and our flight leaves from FLL at 7:45PM. We will have to get transportation back to FLL. Anyone have suggestions on how to kill 8-10 hours (keep in mind we will have our luggage). Is it possible to check our bags in even though we will be many hours early and then get a taxi and checkout the area?

Last year I had a late flight home with my friends and we rented a minivan and went to walk around Hollywood Beach Boardwalk to eat and shop. Unfortunately, it started to rain so we took off to a mall and walked around there a bit.

We rented through Alamo. They had a free shuttle at POM to their rental office and then another free shuttle from their FLL office to our airline. It actually was pretty cheap for a minivan. It ended up costing less then a shuttle would have cost us.

If I had lots of time like you before my flight, I would definately do this again.

Good luck.

Rent a car, stash the luggage in the trunk and then go where you want - South Beach (people watching, lunch, beach), Hollywood (Boradwalk, lunch, beach), Fort Lauderdale (beach, lunch, drinks, dinner, shopping), etc...

Good luck! :)

Archived