Cruise Critic Community
CFD130

Caribe Vs Dolphin

We have a Caribe deck balcony for our upcoming cruise- I was just noticing that I can get a Dolphin deck minisuite guarantee for 100 dollars more.Are there any bad minisuites cabins on Dolphin? Thoughts-comments

I don't think there are any bad mini-suites. They're all alike except for location. The balconies on Dolphin deck are uncovered, those on Emerald deck are covered. The cabins themselves are the same.

For us, the totally uncovered veranda is a deal killer, even though the mini-suite cabin is far preferable. DH can't take full sun, end of story. If we can't get an Emerald mini, we go with Caribe. But if you can live with a totally uncovered veranda, the mini-suite cabin is much more comfortable.

Cheers,

Kirsten

I agree with the other posters. A mini suite is well worth the $100 upgrade. That is a great deal. If you do not want an uncovered balcony, then consider going up one category from an AE guarantee to an AD mini. The AD minis are the Emerald deck minis and they all have covered balconies.

I just jumped on a mini suite gtd for $200 more than our balcony. I don't care if it's covered or uncovered balcony or the location, the extra space and larger bathroom is very well worth it to us.

For only $100? Great deal :)

I would also pounce on the upgrade. The perks like the bigger bathroom, separate seating so one party can read or watch tv while the other naps and views directly down into the water are very nice. Congrats!

As far as having un uncovered Mini suite, wouldn't you be in the shade for 1/2 the day any way, depending on what side of the ship you are on?. In general terms my cruise is pretty much from north to south back to north so what ever side you are on, you get shade in the mornings or afternoons. Just a thought.

T

As far as having un uncovered Mini suite, wouldn't you be in the shade for 1/2 the day any way, depending on what side of the ship you are on?. In general terms my cruise is pretty much from north to south back to north so what ever side you are on, you get shade in the mornings or afternoons. Just a thought.

T

Right on there. We were upgraded from midship Caribe to a midship Dolphin and were a bit concerned. It turned out just fine, sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon going down to the Med from Southampton and the reverse on the return journey. Thanks to the upgrade fairy.:)

Definitely pick the minisuite. That sounds like a great deal. And if you are have a dolphin deck mini that exposed balcony is actually quite wonderful at night. Since you do not have balcony floors above your head the night sky is amazing to look at.

Looks like I'm the minority here but I prefer caribe because of the privacy aspect. Half sun half shade also a plus, however if its a longer cruise (14 days or more) I might upgrade for the space.

Looks like I'm the minority here but I prefer caribe because of the privacy aspect. Half sun half shade also a plus, however if its a longer cruise (14 days or more) I might upgrade for the space.

Another one that prefers Caribe, mainly for the part shaded and larger balcony.