Cruise Critic Community
SharkCruiser24

Tropical Storm Sandy

Well just got a call. Disney dream 3 day cruise will be at sea all day Friday and they are not guaranteeing a port stop at all. The only reason I booked them was to go to castaway beach. If the stop will be Nassau short stop Saturday. That is awful. No choice to reschedule reservation. Bad practice.

They can't predict the weather and it is hurricane season and they have no control over port closures, per contract when you purchase there are no guarantees, some things are just out of their hands.

Hope you have a nice cruise anyway, better a good day at sea than being at work. ;)

Happy Sailing,

We also sailed during Ida - lots of dissappointment with cancelled ports but we still had a great time! It was one of the best cruises ever, we just floated around and watched our account get credited as port charges were refunded.

Hey, I think it would be kind of fun. If I wasn't going next week I would've considered booking Imagination for this weekend. :D

We disembarked the Regent SS Navigator on Wednesday in Montreal. She was headed out to Miami. Should be in Saguenay today and a sea day on the St Lawrence on Saturday. She should be approaching Bar Harbor, Maine on October 31st, so she might miss some of the worst? When we got off the ship, one of the crew members said they occasionally go further out to sea, or sit out a storm in a port for an extra day.

We are on Regent's Navigator heading towards NYC and then Miami. I will try to post updates as the storm approaches. So far, nothing.

My family is currently on the Norwegian gem stuck in the Atlantic. They had to cancel their arrival in Dominican republic today and try to dodge the storm. They are heading back to NYC for a Monday arrival. Anyone else have family on this cruise! My mom has called me a few times from her cell to see if I can look up their location. The captain had not announced where they were located since yesterday and the channel on their tv's that show location has been disabled. No doubt I'm worried especially at night because the web cam on the front of their ship goes dark. The info listed on the webcam site is pre routed info not current. I found another site that will give me their general location.

If anyone as heard from friends and family on this cruise that have more detailed info can you please share. We all are a bit worried back here at home.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Or web cam : ****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Norwegian+Gem

Thanks!

Try this for Norwegian Gem a bit more detail for you....

****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Norwegian+Gem

Please delete

Edited by joejen18

Try this for Norwegian Gem a bit more detail for you....

****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Norwegian+Gem

Please delete

I tried that site but from 10am till now it don't look like they are moving much.

Thanks

The Carnival Miracle also cut short their trip..those cruisers lost 2 of their 3 islands.

They were supposed to be in Grand Turk today but the site says they cut it short to beat the storm home to NY. It was due to get in on Monday, but maybe it will be here on Sunday instead.

I am due to sail out on her on Monday...highly doubtful we will make it. So far they have not changed their plans, but who knows.

Hope all that are sailing through this get home safe and sound.

We are on Regent's Navigator heading for NYC and Miami. They have cancelled Bar Harbor Maine a tender port. Looks like we may wait out the storm in the well sheltered harbor in Halifax, NS.

Update for those with family on the Norwegian gem (10/20-10/29) due to arrive into NYC on 10/29. They are closing the NYC port and they right now are still in the Atlantic ocean. The captain will decide what port in the morning they will be going too. They are not in the path of the storm.

My mother just called me from her cell. If anyone hears any other info please share ASAP.

Thank you

My family is currently on the Norwegian gem stuck in the Atlantic. They had to cancel their arrival in Dominican republic today and try to dodge the storm. They are heading back to NYC for a Monday arrival. Anyone else have family on this cruise! My mom has called me a few times from her cell to see if I can look up their location. The captain had not announced where they were located since yesterday and the channel on their tv's that show location has been disabled. No doubt I'm worried especially at night because the web cam on the front of their ship goes dark. The info listed on the webcam site is pre routed info not current. I found another site that will give me their general location.

If anyone as heard from friends and family on this cruise that have more detailed info can you please share. We all are a bit worried back here at home.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml

Or web cam : ****************************/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Norwegian+Gem

Thanks!

I wonder if anyone on board has a GPS and can look up their location?

It has been announced the Port of NY will be closed on Monday due to the hurricane. Hope they can make it back early and safely.