Formal nites on TA

DonnaMW

We will be on the Reflection TA in April. Anyone have an idea as to how many formal nites there are? With 16 days not sure if I want to bring Hubbys suit.

Thanks Donna

You will have four formal nights according to Celebrity's web site..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Dress+Code&faqId=478&faqSubjectId=55

TA's tend to attract more experienced cruisers == there will be very few "first time cruisers" and tend also to be more formal. There will be a lot of traditional cruise passengers who love the sea days and love the TA experience, if that helps you decide.

That's one of the reasons that I am now a fan of TA 's. I would love to do a TP, I wish there were more of them.

We've done 3 TA's and going one this November. We love them because we do enjoy Sea Days, flying one-way to or from Europe and adding a few days to enjoy the departure area, and the interesting mix of the cruise.

I find the dress to be more formal, realizing you will read the always-expected, "I saw a guy in pants and shortsleeve shirt on formal night" posts. Those are correct, but in the great majority of occasions, you'll find TA's with a very high percentage of Tux and suits....some sports jackets. Funny how it is Always us guys we have to talk about, but women have so many choices and variations, but with us guys, its either Tux or suits, and anything else is not exactly inline with the guidelines.

So I'd suggest (you notice I dont infer a 'must' or 'required', there are many other dining options) you pack a suit and enjoy formal night, it is 4 nights.

Enough about how me suggesting how you should dress.....you'll find it not a big issue except here. As I said, TA's are great. They are usually lower cost, an interesting mix of ports, a port such as Canary Is or another Atlantic island, lots of sea days with special lectures. Our last TA, they had a Smithsonian-sponsored PhD on architecture, she was fantastic. They take a southern route across the Atlantic and our experience (incluiding my Navy days with 8 crossings) is even in the late Fall, a crossing is usually very nice.

For flying if you can get a one-way, the cheap airline sites are great on good discounts, and so is Celebrity Air. I found the standard airline sites to not provide any decent prices, and sometimes the ticket is more than a roundtrip so look at the discount sites.

If you fly to Europe and TA back, and you have the luxury of being able to drive (we llive about 10hrs from S Fla), you can buy extra things such as wines in various ports and bring back a cases or so, and not worry about fitting it all in.

If we leave Europe, we go a few days early to enjoy the area, we stayied in Southampton 2 days and then 2 days Westminster (10mi north) on another, and loved them especially Westminster. On an Eastbound, trained to London from Dover and enjoyed it a few days, and for this time spending 2 days in Venice then getting on board.

So enjoy one of the more unique cruise experiences.

Den

We will be on the same TA, and my DH will bring his tux and a suit, plus a couple of sport jackets. We enjoy the more formal aspect of cruising, and have found that TA's are usually dressier.

I usually will rent my tux and shoes...less to pack...then dress it up with my own ties and vests.....

It also depends whether you go business, 1st vs economy, due to the amount of luggage you can bring (or pay for)...

Archived