Kuala lumpur from port klang

lst

Can I recommend a taxi driver in Port Klang? His name is Jernal and he has a new 7-seater (6 pax + driver) A/C mini-van taxi.

He is fluent in English and a very reliable and safe driver / guide.

His email is jernalsingh75@yahoo.com, mobile number: +60-14-645-5886

Edited by Bollinge

• 1 month later...
I would like to know how the various private tours turned out and if there are any new recommendations for tour guides?

We used Len with Tours by Locals and were very pleased. He met us at the port and had us back in plenty of time. The port stop wasn't particularly long but we still saw a lot. Since we had visited KL previously on a land vacation, he was able to customize our tour for specific places we wanted to see. He will respond promptly to your requests and is a pleasure to deal with. I'm happy to answer more specifics if you are interested.

http://www.toursbylocals.com/Kuala-Lumpur-Tours

Thank you. Right now it's early days and I am stockpiling suggestions for things to do. We will also be two days in Dubai. Do you have any tour suggestions for there?

Dubai is easy to do on your own. What are your interests?

My suggestions would include Burj Khalifa (At the Top for the outside observation or have a drink or dinner at At.mosphere) The Burj is accessed through Dubai Mall which will keep you busy too! Dubai Fountains and Souk al Bahar also in this area.

The old part of Dubai along the creek. You can arrange a tour through the Sheik Mohammed Cultural Center

http://www.cultures.ae/index.php/ouractivities

Tea at Burj al Arab or a visit to Madinat Jumeirah with great views of the sail shaped hotel

http://www.jumeirah.com/en/hotels-resorts/dubai/madinat-jumeirah/facilities/souk-madinat-jumeirah/

A half day trip to see the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi

http://www.szgmc.ae/en/

There is also a Big Bus stop at Dubai Mall and two routes. A lot of people like to do desert safaris. They usually leave around 3:30 pm and bring you back around 9:30pm. They are a bit touristy. If you are extending your stay in Dubai I can suggest alternative options for a more authentic desert experience but would be hard to do in just an overnight visit with so many other things to see.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump this one up.

Ive hear good things from Anuar who offers tour from the cruise ships. Even offeres options to mix Batu caves with K.L, and he will pre purchase our permits to go up to Petronas Towers , which Princess cruises does not offer

http://www.wegowithanuar.com/kuala-lumpur-excursions-for-cruise-passenger/

So i think we might be going with him. I hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked with Jernal again on our visit to Port Klang last month.

He met us as arranged, and we had a great day out in Kuala Lumpur, visiting the KL Tower (don't bother with the Petronas Towers as you can only go half way up, whereas the KL Tower has great views of the Petronas Towers and the KL area), the Sultan's Palace, the War Memorial, lunch at a traditional Malayan restaurant in KL, the Market and Chinatown.

He dropped us off at each location and gave a running commentary about all the sights we passed.

Highly recommended.

Edited by Bollinge

• 5 months later...
We booked with Jernal again on our visit to Port Klang last month.

He met us as arranged, and we had a great day out in Kuala Lumpur, visiting the KL Tower (don't bother with the Petronas Towers as you can only go half way up, whereas the KL Tower has great views of the Petronas Towers and the KL area), the Sultan's Palace, the War Memorial, lunch at a traditional Malayan restaurant in KL, the Market and Chinatown.

He dropped us off at each location and gave a running commentary about all the sights we passed.

Highly recommended.

We would like to book with him. Do we need a minimum number, in other words, how did the pricing go, per person, per vehicle? Does he have a current email address or website I can use?

Edited by estebofarr

We would like to book with him. Do we need a minimum number, in other words, how did the pricing go, per person, per vehicle? Does he have a current email address or website I can use?

Check out his contact details in post #26 above.

The price will be for the whole vehicle.

When we were in port klang we hired a guide called ck Shaw who was recommended on the tripadvisor boards. Picked up at cruise terminal and we did batu caves and city tour with trip up KL tower. He has spent some time in New York so his English was very good. We thought it was the best way to do KL in such a short stop-we had the flexibility to tailor make our stops and the length of time we spent there without having to consider a coachful of other passengers (selfish I know)

• 4 weeks later...