*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Since the C Triumph is being towed back to Progresso, that means they will fly out of Merida. 3,000 folks...that equals about 20 737's......gonna be a long stay in Merida as well.

Curious if CC will charter or try to get folks on just about any scheduled flight out of there!

Galveston Cruise cam will be a lonely place today....and for the foreseeable future on Thursdays and Monday.

I was thinking the same thing about getting them all flown out of there. Do you think some of the crew will leave too?

Hey guys: how are you. Be sure and come back here and give us a review from the Alaska cruise.

We are planning big too. Harv and Marv for Juneau whale watch and Island Wings for float plane in Ketch. Another couple coming with us for that one....cannot wait! Our first Alaska.

Hope our weather is better than today's for our April Mariner:) Brian and Sherry whom we all met at Diamond hour in 2011 is joining us on this next one.:D

Will give a report once we return. We have excursions booked through Royal for Whale Watching, Flightseeing, Dogsledding, and ATV excursions. Should be fun.

Since the C Triumph is being towed back to Progresso, that means they will fly out of Merida. 3,000 folks...that equals about 20 737's......gonna be a long stay in Merida as well.

Curious if CC will charter or try to get folks on just about any scheduled flight out of there!

Galveston Cruise cam will be a lonely place today....and for the foreseeable future on Thursdays and Monday.

Imagine all the people traveling without Passports??? Utoh :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

Latest update on Carnival Triumph is that the ship has drifted 90 miles to the north so it will now be towed to Mobile, AL. Due to currents it will be the same distance from Progreso as it will be to Mobile. Plus they have 900 pax on board with no passports!

Our whale watching is with Harv & Marv in Juneau, but Orca is what I'm really after....this trip is going to be without doubt the most expensive we've ever taken! Maybe we'll just charge another whale watching trip....it's only money:eek::D

I will guarantee Orca on the way back at one point, the ship should let you know when. However if you really want Orca, that is a bit of a problem. Our best has been out of Juneau and very best out of Hoonah. However neither will be a sure bet. The place on the way back all the ships sail through and the local pod of Orca is always there somewhere, but it won't last long as the ship will ot stop.

Hum, wanted to see info on Galveston and I see a bunch about Alaska?? Is someone sailing from Galveston to Alaska now? :rolleyes:

BonVoyage

Dawna

Great plan, I would love it. We are just bantering and helping each other with the many cruises offered out there. I have been to Alaska for the last 22 years so I am in a position to help my fellow cam watcher if they take the greatest cruise out there.... Alaska.

Funny watching the media trash Carnival and blow up what is really going on. CNN is by far the most lurid with their accounts.

Ship should get to Mobile, Al. tomorrow. This will not bode well for Carnival as there will be a "carnival" of media when it gets in. The ship should be a while getting back to Galveston as it will take time to clean the ship and repair what the fire destroyed.

This will be our 22nd year to go to Alaska. Watch out, you will want to go back again and again.

This year we are taking a break from our usual adventure in Alaska and doing a B to B on NCL. Time to keep it simple this year. If I can be of any help with your Alaska cruise ask away.

Fishing up there is addictive. We have 3 days of it planned in Kodiak.

Really glad that Mariner has redundancy on power distribution systems on the ship. Also, apparently the back-up power will provide power to many of the hotel operations to keep many critical hotel functions working.

All that said, I hope never to see it happen up closer or for that matter have anyone see it up close...other than if aboard at the dock when they do a black-out drill. Did see one of those and really it did not cause any real issues other than we lost the sat reception on TV for a short time.

No. Nothing down there.

It is the seawall road that ends at the channel. You can turn right and go down the jetty, but the end is raised which offers a better view.

The restaurants are on the bay side (in town) at 21st and Harborside, a few blocks from the piers.

The best is still at then end of Seawall as you can watch the ships come down the channel then go in the Gulf.

Take Broadway to the end at the Gulf, turn left on Seawall and go to the end.

Thank you. Isn't there a few restaurants or bars or something down on the channel?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

The one area you may be thinking of which lined with places to eat and watch boats is Kemah. Years ago when we had a sailboat (when I was a teen) we would head out of Clear Lake into the bay and see all the folks eating on the side of the channel.

Galveston as GalvestonCruiser mentioned has places to eat (a few) along the port side of the island.

I do like the view from the East end of the Island since one can watch both the Houston and Galveston ship traffic transit the area.

Wow, I am envious. Kodiak is my favorite place to fish in Alaska as well as one of the neatest places to visit there.

Watching Coast Guard Alaska right now, and get to have a nice view of some nice scenes from Kodiak. The charter operator we are using is retired USCG with friends who are "stars" on Coast Guard Alaska. He indicated we will be able to get a personalized visit if we go over to the USCG station while there. I think we will do that since we will have 2-3 days where we have spare time on the Isle.

It is a beutiful morning in Galveston. I am so very grateful the skies have cleared after 3 days of clouds. Will wave so long to all of you this evening. Be back in a week and then be back in a week.:cool:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2