*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

His title said: "Returned from Magic"

The reason I missed the title is because on the iphone app...there is no title! I didn't think I had seen any mention of "Magic"... So I am not crazy! ;-) well.... Maybe a little!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The reason I missed the title is because on the iphone app...there is no title! I didn't think I had seen any mention of "Magic"... So I am not crazy! ;-) well.... Maybe a little!

No
Lynn
you are not crazy........titles and signatures usually don't matter much but I wondered the same thing so I searched both to see if I could figure out which cruise line.... :)

Had a friend on Royal last weekend and they said it was just as bad over there disembarking.

Tucker in Texas

I don't think it's gonna get better until they get the terminal enlarged & hopefully, they will get more staff to get us outta there in a timely fashion! Fingers crossed!

Had a friend on Royal last weekend and they said it was just as bad over there disembarking.

Tucker in Texas

Yes, I just read a mini review that said the same thing. The scanners failed making getting thru customs a 2 hours line........ :(

No
Lynn
you are not crazy........titles and signatures usually don't matter much but I wondered the same thing so I searched both to see if I could figure out which cruise line.... :)

THANK YOU! :-)

No. They are sat a separate table after clearing Immigration and Customs.

It was at a window on your way out of the terminal...there was an officer asking people as they walked by if they had alcohol to declare and absolutely everyone just said no and kept on walking. :rolleyes:

So has the State alcohol tax created any delays?

Not when we sailed in Feb. The customs guy asked if we had any alcohol to declare, we said yes (being the honest citizens that we are), he said to go to that table right outside the door... We did, walked right up, declared our two bottles.... Paid our $3 and something, got pur little stickers.... And we were gone... Took all of a couple of minutes. Could have easily walk right on out..... No issues or hassles.

• 2 weeks later...

Just dropped by today and caught the Navigator on the way out. May she have a great cruise.

I have booked two cruises out of Houston on the Norwegian ship that is coming in. Looking forward to it. I wonder where to park there and a lot of other things. lol

Have a real nice b to b this summer in Alaska on the Norwegian Sun. Second year to do that cruise. Prices were shockingly low! Cheaper than the Caribbean if you can book last minute.

Have a great week everyone.

Just dropped by today and caught the Navigator on the way out. May she have a great cruise.

I have booked two cruises out of Houston on the Norwegian ship that is coming in. Looking forward to it. I wonder where to park there and a lot of other things. lol

Have a real nice b to b this summer in Alaska on the Norwegian Sun. Second year to do that cruise. Prices were shockingly low! Cheaper than the Caribbean if you can book last minute.

We have a cruise booked on the NCL Jewel out of Houston in April. Can't wait!!! Last week we were able to get an almost $200 reduction in the price of our cruise. That was great!

There is parking available right in front of the terminal. I haven't been there but I have seen the pictures on the webcam. We rode down there when we went to Galveston for our last cruise but they had a locked gate that we couldn't go past so we didn't see anything really. Also if you are a disabled veteran parking is free.

Hope you have great cruises!

Friends jumped on a cruise out of Houston Bayport in April. From their description, parking is extremely close to the terminal and easy to do.

You probably still have a lot of questions. LOL ;)

Thanks guys for the heads up. As I get closer I should be able to answer many of my questions. I am becoming a real fan of Norwegian. Much more laid back, don't take any "special" closes. I get two free meals at the pay restaurant as well because I am now high up on the food chain there. Prices are MUCH better always.

My last cruise on RCL was not good. I should have done a full review but did not. I won't be taking RCL off my list at all, but my expectations with them are now MUCH lower. It is a shame.

Several months back, I received an email from EZCruise saying that they were now offering parking in Houston. So you might check their website.

Anyone know how the seaweed situation is now? Bringing the g-kids down in a couple of weeks for some beach time..... Sure hope it's letting up.....

Edited by SRV FAN

Anyone know how the seaweed situation is now? Bringing the g-kids down in a couple of weeks for some beach time..... Sure hope it's letting up.....

I was just over there last week. The beaches on the West end were still VERY full of seaweed. When you got down to the San Luis the seaweed had been piled up closer to the seawall. There were many signs along the seawall asking people to "excuse the seaweed as it rebuilds the beach!" So, you will still be able to find some places with no seaweed, or at least where it's been raked up.

FYI: This may help you decide regarding Seaweed-Galveston Beach.

"Houston Chronicle" newspaper submitted by Harvey Rice 7/18/14,

published pictures of the tons of Seaweed still on Galveston beaches and continuing to come in. His article was titled: "Students Take On

Heavy Task: Weighing Epic Galveston Seaweed".

Several months back, I received an email from EZCruise saying that they were now offering parking in Houston. So you might check their website.

They do have EZ Cruise parking in Houston. We talked to Jason at the Galveston location and he was hoping with the new ships sailing out of Houston that their business would pick up. I'm sure it has!

I'll be interested in the parking situation at Bayport. So far, I have not heard complaints like I did when it was temporarily used after Ike.

Keep in mind, though, with no contracts for ships to port there at that time, they really didn't worry about having a lot of parking and could use the land for something else--like containers (lol). While I don't know for sure, when they got contracts, they expanded the parking lot to accommodate more cars. Now whether it is big enough to handle two cruise ships at the same time remains to be seen.

Not a problem for me, I live 15 minutes away and can pull rank on #1 son to drop me off and pick me up (lol). I have had inquiries though from friends who are driving in asking me about it since they remember the problem after Ike.

Tucker in Texas