*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

This is just an alert for people driving down I-45 from north of Houston, or headed back up 45 tomorrow. I-45 is completely closed in both directions near the Woodlands this weekend! Only the feeder roads are open, and since that's such a high traffic area, I think it will be completely gridlocked!:mad:

Here's the TXDOT announcement:

HIGHWAY IH-45 in Montgomery County

DESCRIPTION Northbound from WOODLANDS PKY/ROBINSON RD to SH-242. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 11:00 PM, Friday, October 3 to 5:00 AM, Monday, October 6. Detour: Motorist will need to divert to the northbound frontage road through SH 242, back IH-45 mainlines. Map

START DATE 10/03/2014

DESCRIPTION Southbound from WOODLANDS PKY/ROBINSON RD to SH-242. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, October 3 to 5:00 AM, Monday, October 6. Detour: Motorist will need to divert to the southbound frontage road through SH 242, back IH-45 mainlines. Map

START DATE 10/03/2014

This is just an alert for people driving down I-45 from north of Houston, or headed back up 45 tomorrow. I-45 is completely closed in both directions near the Woodlands this weekend! Only the feeder roads are open, and since that's such a high traffic area, I think it will be completely gridlocked!:mad:...

Wow, it's going to be tough getting to the airport after the cruises on Sunday.

Thanks for this.

Edited by clarea
Wow, it's going to be tough getting to the airport after the cruises on Sunday.

Thanks for this.

Getting to the airport should be OK...this is north of there, so it will affect the people who drive in.

This is just an alert for people driving down I-45 from north of Houston, or headed back up 45 tomorrow. I-45 is completely closed in both directions near the Woodlands this weekend! Only the feeder roads are open, and since that's such a high traffic area, I think it will be completely gridlocked!:mad:

Here's the TXDOT announcement:

DESCRIPTION Northbound from WOODLANDS PKY/ROBINSON RD to SH-242. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 11:00 PM, Friday, October 3 to 5:00 AM, Monday, October 6. Detour: Motorist will need to divert to the northbound frontage road through SH 242, back IH-45 mainlines. Map

START DATE 10/03/2014

DESCRIPTION Southbound from WOODLANDS PKY/ROBINSON RD to SH-242. Total Closure. Closed continuously from 9:00 PM, Friday, October 3 to 5:00 AM, Monday, October 6. Detour: Motorist will need to divert to the southbound frontage road through SH 242, back IH-45 mainlines. Map

START DATE 10/03/2014

Use Hwy 59 north till Hwy 105 west on 105 till you get back to I-45

Just a few post cruise comments..

1. A/C is set throughout the ship higher... appears to be a fuel saving effort

2. Food in Giovanni's has declined

3. There are is no wait staff in Bolero's

4. There are far fewer wait staff working the pool deck

5. Our main Dining Room team were outstanding!

6. Our cabin steward was outstanding!

7. The CD...looked for a milk carton, to see if his picture might be on one since he was never seen

8. Embarkation...total time was walking time, from in the door to on the ship, only slow down was getting sign and sail cards...it truly was that quick

9. Disembarkation.. told it would be 8:15, it was 8:15, we were on the road at 8:55a. Nice!

10. Phil Anderson...as usual he was great!

Just a few post cruise comments..

1. A/C is set throughout the ship higher... appears to be a fuel saving effort

2. Food in Giovanni's has declined

3. There are is no wait staff in Bolero's

4. There are far fewer wait staff working the pool deck

5. Our main Dining Room team were outstanding!

6. Our cabin steward was outstanding!

7. The CD...looked for a milk carton, to see if his picture might be on one since he was never seen

8. Embarkation...total time was walking time, from in the door to on the ship, only slow down was getting sign and sail cards...it truly was that quick

9. Disembarkation.. told it would be 8:15, it was 8:15, we were on the road at 8:55a. Nice!

10. Phil Anderson...as usual he was great!

#1 really concerns me. I get hot easily and LOVE my AC! I'm not going to be happy if my cabin isn't cool and comfortable!

Three weeks ago, our cabin was consistantly too cold for us during the day. We kept turning the indicator to "warmer". I did notice it was rather warm in the elevators. Food in Giovanni's was excellent. There was waitstaff in Boleros when I was there in the evenings. Did you mean no one in the daytime? Just shows how things can change cruise to cruise! We'll be back Nov. 30. to see if other things have changed.

I've been asking to have my bed made up with a lightweight blanket for quite a while now. My problem is probably partly being a female of a certain age:rolleyes:, and I like it COLD when I sleep!

I do find that the cabins get very stuffy in the middle of the night, and the comforters are way too heavy for the Caribbean. I'm convinced the cruise lines have cut back on the A/C at night to save money...my cabin can be like a meat locker during the day, but at night it's another story.

I've been asking to have my bed made up with a lightweight blanket for quite a while now. My problem is probably partly being a female of a certain age:rolleyes:, and I like it COLD when I sleep!

I do find that the cabins get very stuffy in the middle of the night, and the comforters are way too heavy for the Caribbean. I'm convinced the cruise lines have cut back on the A/C at night to save money...my cabin can be like a meat locker during the day, but at night it's another story.

It got very hot in our cabin Sunday night (1) and Monday I called 1st thing. We returned from breakfast and it was chilled! Then, about 15 mins later maint came in and said we must have left the balcony door cracked......NOT, I had the lock on it! Well, anyway, it was fine the next 6 nights. Daytime was always like a meat locker! :eek:

It got very hot in our cabin Sunday night (1) and Monday I called 1st thing. We returned from breakfast and it was chilled! Then, about 15 mins later maint came in and said we must have left the balcony door cracked......NOT, I had the lock on it! Well, anyway, it was fine the next 6 nights. Daytime was always like a meat locker! :eek:

I hope the AC if fixed by the time we cruise on April 26th. 2015.

I hope the AC if fixed by the time we cruise on April 26th. 2015.

I don't think it's a matter of it being "fixed"... As others posters have said, it seems to be a cost-cutting measure. Even when we were on Navigator this past February, I was (very unhappily) surprised at how WARM it was everywhere onboard, compared to every other cruise I have been on. The public spaces like elevators, closed-in bars, etc. were the worst. And at night in the cabins it felt so stuffy. I was uncomfortable at best most of the time. :( Everything else about the cruise and Nav was amazing!

I got this email from EZ Cruise a few days ago. We've used them for a couple of years and have always been satisfied. Now I'm concerned about reserving and paying for a parking spot for our december Navigator cruise. What happens if they have to close before then? :confused:

EZ Cruise Parking

October 10, 2014

Dear Paula

We still shuttle you and your luggage and the truth behind the Go Green Program.

Ez Cruise Parking

Going Green Program

In my effort to always deliver the best customer service, I've noticed a few comments about my new Go Green program.This idea was born out of necessity because of a new policy enacted by the Port of Galveston.

I love Galveston and truly care about your opinion.

The Port of Galveston (POG) has changed the tariff on the private lots twice in recent months.

POG charged EZ Cruise $8 per space per month that we owned to pick up and drop off our customers at the port. These are access fees that we have been paying for years. POG board members voted to up the per space charge to $28.80 per space which is a 261% increase, outrageous.

The POG board has recently vote to eliminate per space fee and charge us a per trip fee of $30 per trip.

So if I continue to run EZ Cruise the current way at an average of 180 trips per cruise day. I am looking at a $64,000.00 a month payment to the POG. DO the math we would go under in one month. A 11 year old family owned and operated company would close its doors, all private lot would shut down. Also when I say family

its family my mother Cindy Tompkins, Myself, my wife Keisha Hayes, best friend and manager Gino and 30 more hard working employees you have come to love over the past 11 years.

At this point I am not sure what we are going to do but I am sure we are going to fight to save a family and its business. I don't have all the answer but I am doing my best.

Currently we shuttle you, your luggage and your family which is fine. Please understand what we are going through

and struggles we are faced with. Feel free to commit or send us your feed back because there is now way we call do this alone.

Sincerely

Jason Hayes and Family

I got this email from EZ Cruise a few days ago. We've used them for a couple of years and have always been satisfied. Now I'm concerned about reserving and paying for a parking spot for our december Navigator cruise. What happens if they have to close before then? :confused:

[/font][/center]

Paula,

I got the same e-mail, and I sent Jason some feedback. I don't have a Galveston cruise booked until Liberty in December 2015, so I have plenty of time to think about parking. I'm not comfortable pre-paying for parking until the dust settles and we see what providers are able to stay in business despite the new fees...I told Jason that.

I don't really understand the whole thing because I couldn't find a link to "Going Green," but it appears to have something to do with the shuttles? We've parked at EZCruise for years and have never used their shuttle, so it seems like a pretty hefty fee to pay for something we don't use.

I wonder if any of the other smaller Galveston lots have sent anything out to past customers. Can any of you Galveston folks shed some light on what's happening with cruise parking? Thanks!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk