More alcohol less debauchery...my new EOS review with pictures

What in the world took me so long to read this review? Very funny :D ...Your crew sounds alot like a few of my friends when they get together. I'm glad that you guys made the most of your cruise and had a great time. And don't worry we all have a case of open mouth insert foot syndrome from time to time.

I was at a store one time with my BF and his nephew (a 3 year old). The cashier who was about the same age as us (early 20's at the time) said what I thought was "have a nice day" so I responded "thanks, you too!" and left with my merchandise. I noticed that she gave me a weird look so when I got outside I mentioned it to my BF who said "well you just told her she was cute" and proceeded to explain that what she actually said was "He's cute" (meaning the 3 year old). How I got "have a nice day" from "he's cute" I will never know.

BTW, I really liked the visual aids that you included with your posts...very creative pictures :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Are you planning the Explorer or the "New" ship Freedom??

We are doing the Freedom next year, although I truly love the Explorer (especially George) but I have to check out the Freedom....maybe I will get lucky and get to go on two like last year ;) .

Nellie

Hey Nellie...how's it going?

Actually, it looks like our group is going to do the 8 night Eastern Caribbean run on Jewel of the Seas!

Based on what I've seen so far about the Freedom of the Seas, it's going to be a great ship full of new innovations that I can't wait to see first hand...wish I could book that one for next year as well! We'll definitely be adding her to our list of future cruises though!

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris........great review........I read each and every page.......and enjoyed every minute of it! I usually can't get thru a whole review......especially when they start with......I got up and 7 am and used the bathroom. I then washed my hands and brushed my teeth.......you get the picture. Your reviews are a real...page turner.....for lack of better word, but I am sure you will come up with one!

I plan to go back and check out all the pictures......but seeing as hockey is finally on after an 18 month absence I will have to do it tomorrow. Thanks again for all the laughs.......glad you enjoyed your vacation.

Jewel is great! Went for 8 nights in February and will do the same thing in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks kenandlaura06, Shanafan, TinLizzy90, nascarfans_wny, & karcruiser for your compliments.

I've been out of town for 6 weeks (5 on business & 1 in The Keys lobstering) so I'm sorry I haven't written back.

Chris

Thank you. You're welcome to join us next year :) .

Chris

ummm yeah, can I come too. :o

I loved all the review! and the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to get it all done and organized.

A...

grizzy,

Was Henna still the bartender at the Lazy Lizard?? We went there 2 years ago and we absolutely loved it, too. I believe the island is called Caye Caulker. Did one of the locals show anyone of you there little statue idol on the bar?

Would love to go back there for a week's vacation!!

Looks like you all had a fantastic time!!!

Lori

I just found this review and it was great!! We have a group of 14 on the Soverign for a 3-nighter leaving on the 21st. Too bad only 6 of us are partiers... oh well.. we will make up for the rest of them!! I wish our group could join you on the Jewel... its a beautiful ship... but money is not available for a long cruise next year!

What part of Tampa are you all from (I live about 45 min south)?

pajara2,

Come along.

ibarccruiser,

I don't remember her name but it was a female bartender. Belize is my favorite stop...it's a shame no ships go there in 2006. Back to the boring same old islands that EVERY ship goes to.

CrzyCallie,

I live in Westchase just down from the shops. I bet you guys & the cruising spirit will convert the other 8 into animals...or something. You'll have fun...it's a nice get away.

Have you been on the Jewel?

PortugueseLady,

No Freedom for us...not for that price...way too expensive! I can't believe what they want for just an inside. My brother has already booked and I'll probably put some money down soon.

Chris

My first cruise is next week on the VOS :) but i am really happy to read your review because i am getting together a group of people for the Explorer next October. Some of my 20-somethings are worried that cruising is just for old people. It is a lot of money for a young person to put down on a vacation and i haven't cruised before so i am not much help with practical advice to ease their souls. Now i will just point them to your review.

You seem to have quite a following here. You perhaps should start your own group cruise. Your reviews are advertisement enough.

wow my cruise is less than 8 weeks away . and we are going on the raidiance semi same interinery{SP} but same stops... We LOVE COZUMEL>>> We been on 4 crusie each of them has to stop in cozumel.... are we nuts.. no just are bar bill from cnc is ... over 700 last time.... when are you going next year. looking to do a big group from ny .. lets us know...

steph and jim

CrzyCallie,

I live in Westchase just down from the shops. I bet you guys & the cruising spirit will convert the other 8 into animals...or something. You'll have fun...it's a nice get away.

Have you been on the Jewel?

We will party with our without the rest!!! and.. yes.. I was on the Jewel this past summer on a cruise of Northern Europe. It is an amazing ship but our itinerary left something to be desired when it came to partying up.

If you have any specific questions about the Jewel just let me know... i'll answer the best I can

jimandsteph1070 -

Hey, this is Jeff...Grizzy's brother. Our group is planning to sail 04/22/06 on Jewel of the Seas...come and join us!

CrzyCallie -

When it comes to the partying onboard, what bar do you recommend? Is there a nightly "hot spot?"

Thanks...Jeff

Archived