soda card?

jvezlife

Celebrity's soft drink package is the same on all ships.

From their webside:

"Celebrity's soft-drink program has been established for all guests onboard to obtain soda drinks at a daily rate of $5.00 plus 15% gratuity.

The purchase of the package should be for the entire cruise and not on a daily basis. In the event the purchase of the package is not made on the first day of the cruise the guest will be charged for the remaining days of the cruise inclusive of the purchase day.

Packages are available for purchase in the Plaza Bar (Horizon), Harry's Bar (Zenith), and Cova Cafe (all other vessels). After the package has been purchased, a soda sticker will be placed on the guest's signature account card.

Guests with the CoCa-Cola stickers can obtain sodas from all bars throughout the ship and with exception of room service or the mini-bars. The sodas will only be served when the guest is present and one drink at a time.

In the event a guest loses their signature account card with the soda sticker, a new folio number has to be issued together with a new card and soda sticker."

The problem with the soda card is that they bring you little tiny glasses of soda. Then, because the servers do not get a tip with soda cards, they have a way of avoiding any eye contact with you once they discover you're a card carrying soda drinker. For me, it wasn't worth it.

The problem with the soda card is that they bring you little tiny glasses of soda. Then, because the servers do not get a tip with soda cards, they have a way of avoiding any eye contact with you once they discover you're a card carrying soda drinker. For me, it wasn't worth it.

It doesn't always have to be in a small glass because when you buy the soda card you also get a fairly large insulated Coca-Cola logo'd cup for the soda. Of course you have to have it with you if you want to use it.

I'm sorry and don't take this as a flame, but that is NOT TRUE.

First you pay 15% gratuity on the amount you pay for the card which a shared by the bar staff as are all bar tab gratuities.

Secondly they serve in the glass that fits the location you are getting the soda. If at the bar by the buffet restaurant or pool it will be a decent size plastic glass. If in the sit down restaurant it will be in a real glass that fits the table setting.

Thirdly, yes, you can use the mug they provide, but if you want to bring along a monster mug from home, they will fill that too.

As for the suggestion they don't want to serve you, I have never experienced that. I am a big Coke drinker. For example, at dinner I drink at least three to four glasses. On every cruise I have been on, including three Celebrity, once the waitstaff at dinner (Different cruise lines use a different person to serve the soda at dinner. Celebrity uses a bar staff person.) picks up on this fact, they keep me covered. Starting the second night, as soon as I sit down there is a glass of Coke in front of me and as soon as it is empty, I've got another. At the end of the cruise that person gets an extra tip from me, which they did not know they were getting.

Enjoy.

Congratulations rjg, I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't experiance that enthusiasm you speak about . They might get a 15% per card tip to share amoung all servers but it's nothing like the individual tips they get for serving regular charge per drink service. Again, I found they avoided the card service when there was bigger tips to be gained. For me the soda card was a bust and please don't take this a flame, but THAT'S A FACT, JACK!

Congratulations rjg, I'm glad it worked for you. I didn't experiance that enthusiasm you speak about . They might get a 15% per card tip to share amoung all servers but it's nothing like the individual tips they get for serving regular charge per drink service. Again, I found they avoided the card service when there was bigger tips to be gained. For me the soda card was a bust and please don't take this a flame, but THAT'S A FACT, JACK!

Well maybe it is my good looks and sparkling personality that has gotten me great service on every shipe we have been on.

When using a soda card in the past I have found that it usually pays to buy one of the large insulated mugs in the gift shop first thing and use that with my soda card. I don't even bother with the waiters around the pool for sodas because they never seem to be around when I want my drink. Joan

Archived