Bringing a foldable Beach Chair onboard?

boowaaccaa

Ok- I know this may sound crazy but has anyone brought a portable beach chair with them on board? We have all beach stops and are driving to the port. Plus we will already have our beach chairs in the car becuase we are staying in South Beach after the cruise.

On my last cruise someone had a big beach umbrella with them. Carnival let them bring it onboard, and we saw it at all the stops during the cruise.:eek:

LOL, oh mywow:rolleyes:

I sure wouldn't want to carry around all that junk. Cheap enough to rent.

On my last cruise someone had a big beach umbrella with them. Carnival let them bring it onboard, and we saw it at all the stops during the cruise.:eek:

OMG..were you on the Liberty with me?? We had an umbrella carrier, too!! :)

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We do that for the private islands. Hate the clamshells - too stuffy! And you can plant it right by the water.

Experienced cruiser here and I have seriously thought of bringing them. But we live in Tampa so usually drive to ports and don't have to worry about flying and luggage restrictions. If I was flying, I wouldn't bother. My main motivation would be to use them on the ship, not in ports. It would be nice to plop a chair down on deck somewhere and to be able to leave for 5 minutes to get a drink and be able to come back and still have a seat and not be called a chair hog. And I have a beach umbrella that comes apart and would fit in my chair bag that would be good for ports too.. I may bring that too..

Ok- I know this may sound crazy but has anyone brought a portable beach chair with them on board? We have all beach stops and are driving to the port. Plus we will already have our beach chairs in the car becuase we are staying in South Beach after the cruise.

Since you asked ............................. "No! That is a bad idea!

I'm sorry but if I see you dragging that chair around - I'm just going to laugh. For all the hassle of storage, etc. you want to bring a folding chair? What about a folding table to go with it and the umbrella? Spend the $5.00 and rent one - jeez.

Family of 4... 4 backpackers chairs for 3 ports. Even if it is just 5 bucks a chair...50.bucks. But having them also allows us to stop at a lot of places like the back side of cozumel or cemetary reef in grand cayman or a half dozen beaches in Bermuda. Also if the chair hogs get too bad on sea days...

• Like 2

We are getting a non-balcony room for our upcoming cruise.

Since I normally spend almost every waking hour on the balcony, I was also thinking of bringing a folding chair (not a beach chair, but the collapsible type that many bring to e.g. kids soccer games) to use on the promenade deck - since inexplicably there really aren't places to sit there ...

I would put it in a duffel bag.

Thoughts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My mother in law bought collapsible chaises for us specifically to bring on our cruises. Back in those days we always booked an inside stateroom and enjoyed relaxing (Fantasy-class) on the deck below the lifeboats where, back then, there were no chairs. We'd bring our own and enjoy reading, shade and peace and quiet. Then they added chairs, but not enough. No problem, we had our own.

In 2007 I sailed NCL's Panama Canal by myself in an inside stateroom. I wanted a seat by the railing so I could enjoy my day watching our canal transit. So I brought it with me. This one was a small collapsible chair that fit into a little bag. I parked it in front of the "Corona booth" and you wouldn't believe how many people walked by (because there were no chairs to sit in!) commenting on what a great idea that was.

Now we always book a balcony and it is much less of an issue. No cruise line and no guest has ever given me a hard time about it. It is a simple way to resolve a chronic issue.

• Like 2

My mother in law bought collapsible chaises for us specifically to bring on our cruises. Back in those days we always booked an inside stateroom and enjoyed relaxing (Fantasy-class) on the deck below the lifeboats where, back then, there were no chairs. We'd bring our own and enjoy reading, shade and peace and quiet. Then they added chairs, but not enough. No problem, we had our own.

In 2007 I sailed NCL's Panama Canal by myself in an inside stateroom. I wanted a seat by the railing so I could enjoy my day watching our canal transit. So I brought it with me. This one was a small collapsible chair that fit into a little bag. I parked it in front of the "Corona booth" and you wouldn't believe how many people walked by (because there were no chairs to sit in!) commenting on what a great idea that was.

Now we always book a balcony and it is much less of an issue. No cruise line and no guest has ever given me a hard time about it. It is a simple way to resolve a chronic issue.

That settles it! Bringing my collapsible chair. DH will think I'm nuts. (But when he has a chance to reflect, he'll probably bring one too!)

• Like 1

That settles it! Bringing my collapsible chair. DH will think I'm nuts. (But when he has a chance to reflect, he'll probably bring one too!)

I think you will be glad you did too. I have never taken one on a cruise, but we have gone to St. John for two weeks at a time. I used to always take a cheap chair with me and then just leave it behind after the two weeks. Not all beaches even have chair rentals and sometimes when they do, it is $10 or $15 per day.

Why?

Have been on 15 cruises and you learn you always bring too much and yet forget some thing any way. We bring 3 suit cases (One for the wife, one for me and one for the goodies we buy, like liquor and ship store stuff, for instance). In addition, we bring 2 wheeled carry ons.

Could we put a collapsible chair in the suit case or carry on? Sure! I just wouldn't do it, but that's me. But what the heck, I am a cruise-a-holic and if some one wants to bring a chair. Go for it. That's the fun of cruising.

So when I am on the Lido Deck and I see some one at the pool siting on a collapsible chair, I will smile and wink.

You will probably be told to remove them if you try to use them in a public area on the ship....I wouldn't want the hassle of schlepping them through the cruise terminal when going out to the beach, so it isn't something I would do....

• Like 1

You will probably be told to remove them if you try to use them in a public area on the ship....I wouldn't want the hassle of schlepping them through the cruise terminal when going out to the beach, so it isn't something I would do....

Is that a guess or something you have observed?

• Like 1