My review of FTTF

chriscec2012

It stands for: Faster To The Fun, and it is $50 per cabin, not per person.

However, and I'm just wondering, what would happen if the majority of cabins on the ship were to book it? Might that not defeat its purpose?

However, and I'm just wondering, what would happen if the majority of cabins on the ship were to book it? Might that not defeat its purpose?

There's a limit to the number they sell.....15 cabins, I believe they start with.....but I hear if they do not have many Platinum's or Diamonds on that particular sailing, they add 15 more.....I believe 30 is the max.

There is only a set amount offered for sale, once they are gone, that is it. I am not sure of the amount, but I think I read somewhere that there are only 40 FTTF for sale per sailing, which means only 50 cabins will have the FTTF assigned to have priority cleaning to be ready first thing.

we had it oun our destiny 11/12 sailing. carnival offered it and i wanted it so we did. we got there eariler than expected so that wasnt an issue. was nice not to have to worry and we dropped off bags at room and were one of the first to get a drink at aft lido bar :D. we didnt get up early enough for tender problem to be an issue. also our bags were at room when we arrived and cabin stewart talked to us then. i hope everyone that buys it enjoys it as i did. for me it was worth it for the piece of mind

There's a limit to the number they sell.....15 cabins, I believe they start with.....but I hear if they do not have many Platinum's or Diamonds on that particular sailing, they add 15 more.....I believe 30 is the max.

That's interesting. Glad we were still able to book one last week for the January cruise.

I booked this for two cabins on the 10/29 sailing of the Destiny. I purchased as soon as it was avalible about a week before sailing and there was a big problem with two of the five sign and sail cards. One person from each cabin. I had everyone linked to my credit card and when we got past the fisrt picture and to the camera to board the ship two of our cards didn't work. They gave us a temp card and sent us on to the ship. The three cards that did work boarded with us, but we had to sit outside just after the bridge to the ship for about 45 minutes. The other three in our party had no idea what to do, as they were first timers. Because they were linked to my sign and sail account they couldn't buy a drink or get their soda cards, because the card glitch messed with the sign and sail accounts also. The waiting was annoying considering I paid to board early and everyone was walking by looking at us like we did something wrong. The bad part was the intense smell of disel fuel outside and the headache that followed. Our luggage was in our room waiting as soon as we finally got on board. The only tneder port got canceled. We did use the FTTF line at guest services. For us it was only worth about half of what we paid. Would I do it again? In the future after the kinks are worked out I would.

I just booked for two rooms on my upcoming Magic cruise. I appreciate the reviews. For me the first day is such a fun day with the excitement of getting on the ship. Having a head start on getting my cruise started is worth it to me especially with the kids going on the Spring Break cruise. I was surprised it was still available based on the comments about a limited number available. There were only 5 remaining when I purchased. Also an early debarkation is appealing as we have a long drive home.

It's not for everyone. 50.00 can be used elseware for most people. I look at what it offers and the only thing that tempts me would be getting off the ship quicker at Ports ( we cruise for ports and wander all day). Is that worth 50...not for me. But for those with extra money, I think it is a nice perk and fine idea.

Well I'm platium and don't need it. But I wouldn't pay 50 dollars if I wasn't. But I'm the cheapo who will stay in a 1A. So I'm with you,not for me.

We booked FTTF for our Destiny cruise that we just returned from this morning. It is easily the best $50 I have spent for a cruise. The only way I would not get it is if you are already VIP/Platinum.

We walked into the terminal and was immediately taken to the VIP line for check-in, were on the boat as soon as the weddings had boarded. Just make sure you tell the porters and watch them label your bags as FTTF, we took their word for it and they arrived at 5pm LOL, No fault of Carnival's. Basically everytime we showed our FTTF sticker on our S&S card we were treated like a VIP. It even allowed us to go to the front of the line to get off the ship on non tender ports which easily saved us 30+ minutes in Grand Turk.

Long story short, if you are debating FTTF, DO IT!

Sorry but whatis FTTF?

We booked FTTF for our Destiny cruise that we just returned from this morning. It is easily the best $50 I have spent for a cruise. The only way I would not get it is if you are already VIP/Platinum.

We walked into the terminal and was immediately taken to the VIP line for check-in, were on the boat as soon as the weddings had boarded. Just make sure you tell the porters and watch them label your bags as FTTF, we took their word for it and they arrived at 5pm LOL, No fault of Carnival's. Basically everytime we showed our FTTF sticker on our S&S card we were treated like a VIP. It even allowed us to go to the front of the line to get off the ship on non tender ports which easily saved us 30+ minutes in Grand Turk.

Long story short, if you are debating FTTF, DO IT!

Great, we are going on the destiny in January and have booed FTTF. Can you tell me what cabin you were in? I"m trying to find out if our cabins have been renovated yet. We are in 7292 and 7295

Just wondering what FTTF stands for? Is it $50 per person or per cabin? Also' date=' I'm going on the Glory in January, how do I find out if its available on my ship? Thanks[/quote']

right now, no

but keep looking under excursions under miami

As far as I've seen or heard on CC, 30 cabins/slots is the maximum number that we've seen offered for any one cruise.

It seemed to work well on our cruise, too, as I had to go to Guest Services numerous times due to a stateroom A/C issue and even with other F2F, Diamond and Platinum cruisers, I only had to wait (briefly) in the VIP line twice.

Booked FTTF for our upcoming cruise in February and couldn't be more excited! Worth the $50 just to be able to go to cabin and drop off the carry ons and soda. Definitely not "nickel and diming" when so few are able to purchase, and it's an optional choice to do so! Thanks Carnival!

I tried to sign-up for FTTF on for my January 2012 cruise on the Magic but could not because I'm using Carnivals transfers from Houston Hobby airport. When I try and sign-up it says there is a conflict. I talked to Carnival and they said the transfer is the conflict. The only way to me get FTTF is to cancel the nonrefundable transfer and repurchase at the airport. I told them to forget it.

We got to Grand Turk at 12:30pm, when we walked down to get in line to get off the ship at 12:15 it was lined up the steps to deck 4. With our FTTF we showed it to the Carnival worker manning the crowd and they sent us to the front of the line with the shore excursion folks so we were able to save ourselves 4 levels worth of waiting in line by having FTTF.

Below are the perks for the FTTF program. Nowhere does it state that it includes priority off the Ship in a Non-Tender Port. Just want people to be aware that this isn't a perk and that you were lucky that they let you go with the Shore Excursion group (it was an exception and not the norm).

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here's what it includes:

(Note: VIFP Club Platinum and Diamond members do not need to purchase this package as these and other benefits are included as part of your VIFP Club status.)

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

The quicker you board the ship, the quicker you're holding a frosty drink.

Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and get settled in for a great vacation!

Guest Services

You'll have a dedicated phone number and line at Guest Services so you can quickly have your questions answered.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have the option to choose a priority tender from the ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible), so you can explore ashore as quickly as you would like.

Debarkation

We're always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport

They had FTTF on my Dream cruise 11-10-2012. I am Platinum so I told my husband we would be able to go right to our room which was a suite. When we checked in however the lady who checked us in said they were serving lunch on the lido deck and our room would be ready at !:30 I told her since they were offering FTTF we were suppose to have our room ready when we boarded, she said she wasn't aware of that. so we proceeded to go to our room, the doors were closed with no sign on them so I just openned it when we got to the room they were just finishing it and acted surpprised to see us but were very accomodating. Very nice being able to go to Lido without luggage but if I would have listened to her we wouldn't have had this perk. It really irked me but I got over it fast.

We booked FTTF in September and I would do it again in a heartbeat! Since it was our first cruise and we were a bit overwhelmed we did bring our backpacks to Lido for lunch, we were just following everyone else! But after we ate we went to our cabin and it was all ready. We dropped our stuff did some exploring and came back to our luggage in our cabin. We were all unpacked, and squeezed in a nap all before muster.

I hope it's available on Freedom when we sail!

Archived