How thankful I am that I've cruised the Mexican Riviera

lovevacadays

In this week of thanksgiving I want to express how thankful I am that I have been fortunate enough to cruise the Mexican Riviera 8 times since the 80's. I have a very special fondness for Mexico whether on the Pacific or Atlantic side. But even more so for the ports of Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo. I have shared so many wonderful experiences with my mom (I love you so, so much even though you are gone), with my sister, with my dear niece Adelle, with my crazy niece Mindy, with my crazy ex-husband, with dear, dear friends Dorothy and Alice (I love and appreciate that you have been a part of my life.)

I will forever cherish the memories I have made with the above and will cherish getting to meet so many wonderful people who live in these ports as well as some terrific fellow cruisers and cruise staff.

Somehow, the Mexican Riviera has become a part of my soul. Thank you.

I'm thankful too..We have cruised approx the same number of times you have also to the Mexican Riviera....For family reunions, birthdays, graduations, weddings, honeymoon & anniversary..I truly miss having an RCI ship on the west coast, as the Viking Serenade & Vision of the Sea were such a big part of my family memories. Especially those spent with my parents who are now gone but those memories never will be.

I'm even happier right now, sitting in my home in beautiful San Carlos. I love the Mexican Riviera!

Was in Cabo off the Splendor on Tuesday and Wednesday, smuggled a year's worth of shampoo to my condo and can't wait to return December 9 for a month. The temperature was fantastic and the water is still wonderfully warm.

• 4 weeks later...

If only more people could appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Riviera. We live in Manzanillo during the winter and it is wonderful. Great food, great people and the weather is awesome. No crime in our area- just peace and quiet. It's a shame that the people who rely on tourism are suffering because we are told to fear Mexico.

Keep spreading the word that this is a lovely place to unwind and enjoy life.

If only more people could appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Riviera. We live in Manzanillo during the winter and it is wonderful. Great food, great people and the weather is awesome. No crime in our area- just peace and quiet. It's a shame that the people who rely on tourism are suffering because we are told to fear Mexico.

Keep spreading the word that this is a lovely place to unwind and enjoy life.

Nice to see my post got resurrected!:) I have not been to Manzanillo but will have to plan a trip there.

This article is total nonsense and baseless. Anyone who is not aware of the violence occurring in Jalisco, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Guerrero, Sonora etc. is totally out of touch with reality. I am not interested in debating the usual pro-Mexico contingency on this topic but anyone planning a trip to Mexico should do their research. Yes, I know there is violence everywhere but this particular article is inaccurate and ridiculous.

And, as usual, I completely disagree with you. Yes, there are dangerous areas in Mexico, just like in any other country. You won't see me going to a number of places in the US, especially at night. Heck, I won't even go downtown at night in Tucson. And, there are a number of places in the US i don't even wantbto drive through in thr daytime.

But, I'm sitting here in my San Carlos house right now perfectly safe. And, yes, I do go out at night down here.

My point was simple and that is that the article is absurd. Anyone who states that "But the majority of Mexico’s organized-crime killings last year took place in a mere three of Mexico’s 31 states: Chihuahua,Tamaulipas and Nuevo Leon" doesn't know what they are talking about. Personally I wouldn't be concerned about visiting Cabo or PV; I think they are both great places. But as I have said all along, anyone visiting should do their homework - that's it and why that evokes so much emotion is beyond me.

richard1s I don't understand why you feel the need to come on what is obviously a pro-Mexico thread and tell us how ignorant and naive we are. You do it repeatedly. We don't question or berate your beliefs, whatever they may be. I don't have the time nor do I wish to look at your post to discover who you are and what you believe.

If you don't have anything nice to say or contribute to the thread, why not just ignore it.

This article is total nonsense and baseless. Anyone who is not aware of the violence occurring in Jalisco, Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Guerrero, Sonora etc. is totally out of touch with reality. I am not interested in debating the usual pro-Mexico contingency on this topic but anyone planning a trip to Mexico should do their research. Yes, I know there is violence everywhere but this particular article is inaccurate and ridiculous.

This thread was about how grateful I was to have sailed to the Mexican Riviera. It isn't about the current safety issues. If you need to post your comments about the safety in Mexico why can't you post it on a thread that isn't about being grateful!:eek::eek::eek:

richard1s I don't understand why you feel the need to come on what is obviously a pro-Mexico thread and tell us how ignorant and naive we are. You do it repeatedly. We don't question or berate your beliefs, whatever they may be. I don't have the time nor do I wish to look at your post to discover who you are and what you believe.

If you don't have anything nice to say or contribute to the thread, why not just ignore it.

Thank you! You seem to know that the gist of my thread was just to be grateful for the many, many days I've spent in Mexico because of a cruise I've taken there. I wasn't trying to make any type of statement about safety or the current state of Mexico. Just felt llike expressing my gratitude. I guess some people just don't understand the principle of gratitude!:eek::eek::eek:

The purpose of this website, at least as I understand it, is in part to offer travel and cruising advice; and my advice on travelling to Mexico is to do your individual research and make informed decisions. Apparently this point of view, as well intentioned as I want it to be, is offensive, insulting, threatening or whatever else you want to label it to the members of the "pro-Mexico thread"as you refer to it Cwcruisers. That's too bad, I am entitled to my opinion even if it is different than yours. This link is not a "pro-Mexico" thread, it is to share information on this region of the world. Additionally, I didn't label or call anyone naïve or call anyone ignorant. Why you would read this into my opinion is beyond me.

My comments were directed specifically to the article http://www.escapefromamerica.com/201...co-media-hype/ posted on this thread. It has nothing to do with your gratitude or how grateful you are Michelleinoc. Someone decided it was relevant and I responded.

Sorry, but the stated protocol on this website is:

"The fundamental concept is that you should NOT totally rely upon the information or opinions you read. Rather, you should use what you read here as starting points for doing independent research on cruise lines, ships, hotels, shore excursions and bargain-hunting techniques. Then judge for yourself the merits of the material that has been shared in our forum."

• 1 month later...

feel the same way..we ll be sailing the MR in couple more weeks for the

7th time..this time on the Zanndam..previously it was on Slendor and Star..

what i miss now would be spend a port day in Alcopolco..but, i do understand that things have changed alot since 6 yrs ago..:(

Archived