Cruise Critic Community
AUNTDEBBA

My awesome bar package expierence

Just off the Splendor and wanted to share my thoughts since there have been so many questions.

The package is not unlimited it is limited to 15 drinks however they don't cut you off at 15 you just have to pay for drinks after 15.

Had a poster want to know if they wanted a Clamato and Beer if that was considered a drink. No you would have to pay for the Clamato and the Beer is free. However a Screwdriver is considered one drink.

Special drinks sold in the dinning room (Lemoncello, B52's) are not covered by the package if they are being pushed as a special. Same drink ordered by your bar waiter is covered (couldn't figure that one out)

You can buy drinks for others you just tell the bar tender and they will charge you for the drinks.

Everyone on the cruise asked me if I got my moneys worth. For me I didn't look at it that way I liked the all inclusive aspect knowing exactly what my Sail and Sign was. Based on the fact that that our CC group had two cabin parties, one private cocktail party for an hour in the Cool Lounge, The returning cruisers party and someone was always bringing bottles of wine to dinner to share I spent something less that 50 on most days but no regrets as you don't always have a great group of party friends:D

Wanted to address seperately the service. Was on the Splendor couple years ago and no complaints. This time there were very few and far between bar waiters so if you wanted a drink you had to go to the bar to get them yourselves. Not a huge inconvience except for when we were waiting for dinner with a group of 13 sitting in couches and chairs in a circle it was somewhat of a pain.

Since its been awhile since I was on Carnival I don't know if it is new (Bar Package means already have money and tips why do we need wait staff?) or if as the Cruise Lines continue to cut corners to keep there price points competitive.

Wouldn't stop me from going again as had a good time just noticed the decline in service personnel (the people themselves were great) at all levels

Glad you had waiters on your cruise , on the Splendor they did not exist. If they had been around I would have tipped as I always do. It was not a slam against the waite staff it was an observation about the cut back in staff from my last Splendor cruise to this one.

How much do they charge for this package? Does every one in the cabin have to be on the same package? My husband I will be on the splendor and in two seperate cabins with two minor children, so could my husband do this package alone because the minor can't legally?

How much do they charge for this package? Does every one in the cabin have to be on the same package? My husband I will be on the splendor and in two seperate cabins with two minor children, so could my husband do this package alone because the minor can't legally?

As I understand it, every person in the cabin OVER 21 must purchase it. So I see no reason why your husband can't purchase it in a cabin w/ minors.

Glad you had waiters on your cruise , on the Splendor they did not exist. If they had been around I would have tipped as I always do. It was not a slam against the waite staff it was an observation about the cut back in staff from my last Splendor cruise to this one.

I was on the Splendor...September. Cans of soda are included and do not count toward the limit.

If there is a limit of 15,why does everyone in the cabin have to purchase the package? When the 15 is used up,its finished.

Laura

That's what I thought. Who cares if you share if you only get 15 drinks no matter what? I guess they just hope a lot of people won't be able to drink 15 drinks so they don't have to give away as much.

How do they calculate the 15 drinks

My guess would be one by one. As you purchase them on your S&S card, they are tallied and then once you reach 15, BOOM. You're done.

Seems pretty simple to me. :confused:

What I wouldn't like about this program is if my DH goes to the bar to get us drinks, he could only get his. (And vise versa)

Just off the Splendor and wanted to share my thoughts since there have been so many questions.

The package is not unlimited it is limited to 15 drinks however they don't cut you off at 15 you just have to pay for drinks after 15.

Had a poster want to know if they wanted a Clamato and Beer if that was considered a drink. No you would have to pay for the Clamato and the Beer is free. However a Screwdriver is considered one drink.

Special drinks sold in the dinning room (Lemoncello, B52's) are not covered by the package if they are being pushed as a special. Same drink ordered by your bar waiter is covered (couldn't figure that one out)

You can buy drinks for others you just tell the bar tender and they will charge you for the drinks.

Everyone on the cruise asked me if I got my moneys worth. For me I didn't look at it that way I liked the all inclusive aspect knowing exactly what my Sail and Sign was. Based on the fact that that our CC group had two cabin parties, one private cocktail party for an hour in the Cool Lounge, The returning cruisers party and someone was always bringing bottles of wine to dinner to share I spent something less that 50 on most days but no regrets as you don't always have a great group of party friends:D

So please help me,are you saying you are only allowed 15 mixed drinks for your entire cruise? and if so does that change to 30 drinks if there is 2 adults in the cabin? That would come out to 2 drinks a day,i am sailing on an 8 day cruises,the cost of this package is way to high for just 2 drinks a day. Please help meunderstand.

So please help me,are you saying you are only allowed 15 mixed drinks for your entire cruise? and if so does that change to 30 drinks if there is 2 adults in the cabin? That would come out to 2 drinks a day,i am sailing on an 8 day cruises,the cost of this package is way to high for just 2 drinks a day. Please help meunderstand.

15 per day per person

15 per day per person

Thanks, now thats is better,i can livewith that

We were on that same cruise and got the package.my friend hit her limit they assessed her and continued serving her with no charge however we met a couple who was charged night before i guess it depends on who is serving u

It sounds like there are still misunderstandings among the crew was to how the program should be implemented. Everything thing I've seen to this point says that at 15 in a day the asses you to see if you are overly intoxicated but nothing about charging after 15.

Edited by kc5grw

What I wouldn't like about this program is if my DH goes to the bar to get us drinks, he could only get his. (And vise versa)

Don't know why your DH could not go to the bar with his and your sail n sign that have the stickers attached and get two drinks, with 1 drink being "charged" to each card.

It sounds like there are still misunderstandings among the crew was to how the program should be implemented. Everything thing I've seen to this point says that at 15 in a day the asses you to see if you are overly intoxicated but nothing about charging after 15.

It's beyond me how it's possible to sell something and yet not make it clear exactly what it is that you are buying. I would expect that in return for my money I would be given access to the Terms and Conditions of the sale. I find it hard to believe a T&C agreement isn't made available at the point of sale of this program?!?!?

Really? A terms of agreement with every purchase? You don't get one with the soda program....or on land at Denny's...or the bowling alley....the movies...the grocery....the salon...they have a sign with the description and the person who charges to your account. Seems reasonable...and I haven't seen a lot of complaints from those who have exceeded daily limits. By day 4 I was kind of done and didn't have any drinks...day 5 6 and 7 I did but just a few each day. I liked the ease of the program and the known expense to budget.

Really? A terms of agreement with every purchase? You don't get one with the soda program....or on land at Denny's...or the bowling alley....the movies...the grocery....the salon...they have a sign with the description and the person who charges to your account. Seems reasonable...and I haven't seen a lot of complaints from those who have exceeded daily limits. By day 4 I was kind of done and didn't have any drinks...day 5 6 and 7 I did but just a few each day. I liked the ease of the program and the known expense to budget.

I didn't think I was advocating a T&C for every purchase. Let me revise what I said so I am clear:

It's beyond me how it's possible to sell this and yet not make it clear exactly what it is that you are buying.

I am not disputing that the "ease" and "known expense" are reason alone for many to be satisfied with the program.

I am simply registering my disbelief that Carnival could sell something like this without somewhere and somehow defining the terms and conditions of the sale.

If it's a hard limit of 15 drinks a day, fine. If it's a sobriety assessment at 15 drinks, fine. Whatever it is, fine. But somewhere they must say something about the limitations, no?

Still looking for the cost on this. Does any one know, how much?

Believe it's forty-something which when gratuity is added comes out to $50 per person per day. It's not a buy-this-day and not-buy-that-day type of thing, you have to buy the whole cruise up front [though maybe not the 1st day?]. Can't have only one adult in the cabin buy it; every adult in the cabin must buy it.