My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

J

The package is not unlimited it is limited to 15 drinks however they don't cut you off at 15 you just have to pay for drinks after 15.

15 per person on the plan or on the plan all together no matter how many are on it? Say 3 in cabin purchase it, and each have 5 drinks a day. Is that it?

Edited to add-- I read more, looks like its unlimited.

To stop any misunderstanding there is NO 15 drink limit. This was originally mentioned during the trial of the program but it never actually made it into the program. The only reference to 15 drinks in the program is that there is a flag in the computer system that shows when the 15th drink is served [in a "day"] and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety we will continue to serve them or not. The "day" begins at 9:00AM and ends at 8:59 the next day.

The program is now available on 8 Carnival ships (1/3 of the entire fleet).

For full "Cheers" Beverage program details:

http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

To stop any misunderstanding there is NO 15 drink limit. This was originally mentioned during the trial of the program but it never actually made it into the program. The only reference to 15 drinks in the program is that there is a flag in the computer system that shows when the 15th drink is served [in a "day"] and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety we will continue to serve them or not. The "day" begins at 9:00AM and ends at 8:59 the next day.

The program is now available on 8 Carnival ships (1/3 of the entire fleet).

For full "Cheers" Beverage program details:

http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

Thanks so much:D

So many people have commented that they wouldn't get their monies worth...that is the beauty of this program, it is OPTIONAL! If it isn't for you, don't buy it. Simple as that :).

For me, I will be getting it if it's available on the Freedom in February. If you drink 6-7 drinks a day, you are getting your monies worth. It's also a good opportunity to try drinks that I wouldn't normally order, maybe I will expand my taste buds beyond BudLight (speaking of...anyone know if they are serving BudLight Platinum on Carnival). My bestie isn't much of a drinker but even she is happy about the possibility of this program. Nothing better than being able to sit by the pool and not worry about how high our S & S is getting :).

We decided we will try it. We figured coronas would break even at 9 a day, and I know my DH can/will drink more than that. Kiss on the lips, etc would be 6 a day to break even. And margaritas etc would be 5 a day to break even. We were going to eat at the steakhouse but since we are doing the cheers program decided not to. So far have $110 OBC and hopefully there will be another price drop and can get a little more.

This has been covered i am sure but how do they know you have this? Is it a seperate card or is it a sticker?

Sticker on your Sail & Sign Card.

For anyone that has purchased it- do you know how soon you can buy it? Can you buy it as soon as you get on the ship? It would be great to buy it right away, before we had lunch/our first drink.

Thanks!

As soon as you get on board you can purchase it. You can also get it the next day, for those who think they can't get their monies worth the first ...I know I can!

...for those of you wondering if it's worth it:

I believe it is well worth the money for someone who drinks.

Program cost = $49.40 / day with gratuity

(If you normally buy the unlimited soda card, it is also included in the "Cheers" program - a $6.90 / day value)

Average Drink Costs

5 - Martinis ($8.95/per) = $51.50 with gratuity

7 - Top Shelf Vodka Drinks ($7.50/per) = $53.63 with gratuity

8 - Domestic Beers ($5.75/per) = $52.96 with gratuity

I believe it is well worth the money for someone who

Average Drink Costs

Smartest post ive seen here for those who complain its too much! And totally happy that it will be on the Valor for my trip in January. Woohoo!

Sticker on your Sail & Sign Card.

As soon as you get on board you can purchase it. You can also get it the next day, for those who think they can't get their monies worth the first ...I know I can!

I believe it is well worth the money for someone who drinks.

Program cost = $49.40 / day with gratuity

(If you normally buy the unlimited soda card, it is also included in the "Cheers" program - a $6.90 / day value)

Average Drink Costs

Very good post breaking down the cost. I think it will work out for me and it will be nice to have the freedom to branch out and try different things.

I will certainly try it....I do like the Celebrity plan better though...I think its just alittle more per day but it includes everything like specialy coffees...fresh squeezed orange juice..bottled water and even red bulls but this is at least a start for carnival ;) I am so happy they have added to liberty as I will be sailing for new years.

If there is no drink limit what is to keep somone who paid for the program from getting a drink and giving it to a friend and 5 minutes later getting another drink for themselves?

That is why if you get the program they also require everyone staying in the same cabin as you over 21 years of age to get the program. It cuts down a lot on this, doesn't stop it, but certainly cuts it down a lot.

We did the Cheers program last week on the Legend (first week it was available on this ship). Every bar server knew about it and how it worked. We had EXCELLENT bar service the entire cruise.

We ordered any drink we wanted...the only difference is that the drinks come in the "refill" glass rather than the DOD glass...however, if you pour the "refill" in a DOD glass, it fills is up 90%...so, they are basically the same size. We also could not get any of the "special" glasses like the Thirsty Frog beer glass or the colored shot glasses they bring around at dinner. Our bar server at dinner got a huge kick out of us b/c the guys would bring around a different shot every night in the special shot glasses that we couldn't have...so, we would have her make us a full size martini drink with the same ingredients. All our tablemates had an $8.95 shot and we had a $0.00 whole drink :)

I had a total of 75 drinks in 7.5 days (7.5 b/c we were fog delayed for half a day on Sunday and they still let us use our Cheers program on that extra half day). The cost for the 7 day cruise was $345 per person. I saved all my receipts for the week, totaled them up and added the 15% tip and it came out to $550. My friend and I drank basically the same things, so hers was pretty much the same amount. We definately got our money's worth. Granted, there were times we were ordering drinks we had never tried and then didn't drink them b/c we didn't like them. Also, if a beer got warm before we finished it, no worries, we just ordered something else.

The bar staff said there were 166 people on the Cheers program (my friend and I were the first two to sign up) and I never saw any extreme drunken behavior.

We did the Cheers program last week on the Legend (first week it was available on this ship). Every bar server knew about it and how it worked. We had EXCELLENT bar service the entire cruise.

We ordered any drink we wanted...the only difference is that the drinks come in the "refill" glass rather than the DOD glass...however, if you pour the "refill" in a DOD glass, it fills is up 90%...so, they are basically the same size. We also could not get any of the "special" glasses like the Thirsty Frog beer glass or the colored shot glasses they bring around at dinner. Our bar server at dinner got a huge kick out of us b/c the guys would bring around a different shot every night in the special shot glasses that we couldn't have...so, we would have her make us a full size martini drink with the same ingredients. All our tablemates had an $8.95 shot and we had a $0.00 whole drink :)

I had a total of 75 drinks in 7.5 days (7.5 b/c we were fog delayed for half a day on Sunday and they still let us use our Cheers program on that extra half day). The cost for the 7 day cruise was $345 per person. I saved all my receipts for the week, totaled them up and added the 15% tip and it came out to $550. My friend and I drank basically the same things, so hers was pretty much the same amount. We definately got our money's worth. Granted, there were times we were ordering drinks we had never tried and then didn't drink them b/c we didn't like them. Also, if a beer got warm before we finished it, no worries, we just ordered something else.

The bar staff said there were 166 people on the Cheers program (my friend and I were the first two to sign up) and I never saw any extreme drunken behavior.

So Legend has a guest capacity of 2,124 and of those only 166 signed up for the program. That's less than 8% of the guest capacity.

For those worried about people out of control, I guess this shows how few take advantage of the program.

Me, I'm on a ship in 25 days and the first $350 of the trip is spend in anticipation of the program.

So Legend has a guest capacity of 2,124 and of those only 166 signed up for the program. That's less than 8% of the guest capacity.

For those worried about people out of control, I guess this shows how few take advantage of the program.

Me, I'm on a ship in 25 days and the first $350 of the trip is spend in anticipation of the program.

They didn't advertise it at all. Just happened that one of the friends cruising with us saw the sign at the center pool. We stay in the aft adult only area the entire cruise. If she hadn't seen the sign and told us about it, we probably wouldn't have known it was available.

Archived