Vinyl window clings

rockykat

Are vinyl window clings the same as gel decorations ?:confused:

Vinyl clings are see-through decorations, pliable and sort of "plastic" feeling but you press them on your window without any glue or anything. They just stay and then you peel them off. Snowflakes are nice in the winter instead of that spray snow, which makes an awful mess. :p

Vinyl clings are see-through decorations, pliable and sort of "plastic" feeling but you press them on your window without any glue or anything. They just stay and then you peel them off. Snowflakes are nice in the winter instead of that spray snow, which makes an awful mess. :p

Yes, I have used them before...normally referred to here as Decals. :D

My son has a vinyl business but his are the permanent vinyls for vehicles that was why I curious if across the pond they used gel in them and were different to what I know as vinyls.

Are vinyl window clings the same as gel decorations ?:confused:

No Liz they are not the same. the gel pones are thick and feel like stiff jello.

We buy the window decorations--gel and vinyl--when we cruise during holidays and have stuck some on the door without any problems. Have not put the gel ones on the door, only on the sliding glass balcony door. We then give them to our cabin steward qwhen we leave and they love it.

No Liz they are not the same. the gel pones are thick and feel like stiff jello.

We buy the window decorations--gel and vinyl--when we cruise during holidays and have stuck some on the door without any problems. Have not put the gel ones on the door, only on the sliding glass balcony door. We then give them to our cabin steward qwhen we leave and they love it.

Ah thanks Brenda for the explanation :D

We use the vinyl window clings. Usually I bring enough to do the doors of everyone in our group as a surprise.

I bring a small roll of painters tape just in case becuase sometimes they stick and some times they don't. I roll the tape and put it behind so it can't be seen.

Oh? Really? ;) You know they go in the garbage after you leave, right? :D Bless your heart, but stewards have no use for our leftover items.

we actually ask them if they want stuff before we leave it. We have had very few say no and we don't leave it. Patti is right, I would say 99% f the time, they are thrilled at what we offer them.

Edited by crazy 4 cruising

Does anyone know if window clings will stick to our cabin door?

Thanks

With great sucess, we use large magnetic refrigerator door decorations. I found them at http://www.linmartreasures.com/-strse-Magnets/Categories.bok. It does seem however that their inventory is greatly reduced from what it was when I ordered a couple years ago.

While we have lost a piece or two over the course of a cruise, they've always reappears toward the end of our time onboard. These magnets add fun to the hallway, mark your door and leave no mess at all. :) Happy cruising. Kirsten

• 4 years later...

GEL CLINGS WILL STAIN THE PAINT ON A DOOR WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS.

My mom put these on a painted door at her assisted living, which is the same type of painted door on a cruise ship, and the dyes in the gel clings STAINED the door, causing permanent damage that can only be repaired by applying a stain-blocking primer and paint. It cannot be removed with Magic Eraser because the color is embedded in the paint. These are designed ONLY for use on glass.

The cruise lines will charge you for the damage to the door. Stay away from the thick gel cling decorations...the vinyl decorations that are flat and soft vinyl will NOT damage.