Yikes! No cellphones? How to find each other? (& safety for kids)

Numer3

On some ships, there is a clock by some of the elevators.

Our girl was 13 on our last cruise, and we didn't require her to eat lunch or dinner with us. So we would have breakfast with her and she would be with us for the ports. The rest of the time, we would often run into her in various places. If not in the teen area (she was at that age where anything suggested by an adult is lame, and that included the planned activities), she may be in the Horizon or by the pools, watching the movie on MUTS. She even found us one night trying out MUTS for the first time and she showed us the ropes (where to get popcorn, etc). Then she curled up in the deck chair next to me and fell asleep.

I would agree about not requiring the whole group to stay together the whole time. It's a big enough group that someone would want to do something else.

pretty much reiterating what other posters have wd about WTs. a few yrs back we bought motorola ones, i forget which models. didn't work well, the helpful cruise staff told us it was bc of the thick metal walls and decks.

have a great time, it sounds like a wonderful time will be had by all. very awesome of your parents!

Wow, thanks for all the amazing advice! *By the way, of the four "kids" cabins, one is a newly married couple, another has a 22 year old, and the other two each have a 19 year old. *Excellent idea, getting everyone watches! *(including me!) and I don't think it would have occurred to me to have my own key for the room my three kids will be sharing. *Thanks so much for all the help! Any other tips, we would love to hear about them!

Lara

Unless you have some special emergency needs that make it so that you need instant checking on those traveling with you, :confused:ship phone messages , post-it etc will do the job great. But they lack the option to highly annoy fellow passenger hearing the incoming messages etc that the walkie-talkies and the like provide.;)

Archived