Chrissandra's Carnival Breeze US Inaugural B2B Review (11-22 thru 12-2)

Anung Un Rama

Oh and as promised, here are the Fun Times for this first day - Embarkation on the 2 day.

This is a link to the PDF on GoogleDocs - you DO NOT need to log in. It may give you a prompt if you are already a Google member, but it's not needed to view the document. Just give it a couple seconds to load depending on your computer's speed.

FUN TIMES - 11/22/12 - 2 DAY TO NASSAU - MIAMI EMBARKATION

Edited by ardnassac79

Off to a great start! Thanks for posting the FTs (so I won't have too:D).

What I really love about the C&C reviews is the fun give n take commentary and the pictures that go along with the action. That's what makes a cruise and that's what's happening here. While there'll be "whiskey, gin and pints of beer"I know there'll be no "pouring [of ]pain in a dirty glass" for this review. Keep it coming:)

Crew

Looking forward to more of your review. We will be on the Breeze Dec 22 in a cove balcony.

We loved the cove and being down that close to the water, but I will warn that on windy days or the mornings after windy days before the steward can clean the decks, it is SALTY and wet sometimes. We enjoy eating on our balcony and sometimes it just wasn't feasible. Since our cabin was more Fwd/Mid than Mid/Aft, I'm sure that had something to do with it. I'd be willing to bet the coves further back weren't as impacted as ours. It was still great, especially on nice days.

Off to a great start! Thanks for posting the FTs (so I won't have too:D).

What I really love about the C&C reviews is the fun give n take commentary and the pictures that go along with the action. That's what makes a cruise and that's what's happening here. While there'll be "whiskey, gin and pints of beer"I know there'll be no "pouring [of ]pain in a dirty glass" for this review. Keep it coming:)

Crew

Crew!! Thank you!! Yeah we did have some negatives, which we'll get to but I find they are never ever deal breakers when it comes to having a good time... it's all in the attitude :D I appreciate you popping in and giving us a read!

The cove balcony is on deck 2. We are near the elevator, cabin 2291.

Which deck do you board on? Which deck did you disembark at the different ports?

Yes, all coves are on Deck 2. You board for Embark and Debark at Miami on Deck 3, and depending on which side the ship docks (it changed for us from the 2 day to the 8 day) it'll be right above where your room is (it's literally just a few doors down the hall from where we were).

Your room is just slightly more FWD than ours was, so expect some sea spray on windy days if the ship is moving fast. The on/off at all the ports of call are all on Deck 0, FWD. Easiest thing to do is go to the stairs right by your room and walk down.

What a great review.. and pictures. Did you happen to see if they had the Hot Dog spot opened? I read that when the Breeze would come to Miami that they were going to open a hot dog cart??? Also were they still offering the Awesome Bar Program (Cheers)???? thanks

What a great review.. and pictures. Did you happen to see if they had the Hot Dog spot opened? I read that when the Breeze would come to Miami that they were going to open a hot dog cart??? Also were they still offering the Awesome Bar Program (Cheers)???? thanks

We did not do the Awesome Bar Card but heard only positive things about it from those that did.

And don't worry, we'll get to the hot dog cart :D

We went back to the room to freshen up for dinner and Cass wanted to put out our door decorations that she had spent the previous weekend creating.

P1010874.jpg

I stepped out onto the balcony and was greeted with a salt spray shower. It was rather rocky this evening and the wind was blowing back in our direction.

P1010875.jpg

And here's another quick picture of the cabin with the curtain pulled back a little.

P1010876.jpg

A quick note on this room, it was an adjoining cabin. I did not realize it until this cruise was well oversold and wasn't going to change since we were in the same cabin on the 8 day. It wasn't as bad as I've heard stories of but there is definitely more sound coming through that wall than the solid wall. It's not a deal breaker but I'll certainly be more cognizant of booking rooms in the future.

the colors are very nice

btw on NCL in OSheehan's, a pub, grill EVERYTHING IS FREE except drinks

burgers, wings. cabbage soup, bangers and mash and much more ! It's open 24/7

Well, Chris's laptop has decided to take a coffee break while he was trying to upload his last post and he said the hell with is and is shooting things in Halo 4 now, so I'll follow up our 1st day's recap with what he intended to post, but couldn't ;)

So far, the ship exceeded expectations with decor, and the layout of everything was good. I still had trouble with remembering that Deck 5 had all the fun places, and 10 had all the "Lido" stuff (different than the classes we are used to) but then again that could have been the Funships and Martinis at the Piano Bar...

Speaking of - As Chris said, Ron Pass really is top notch entertainment. Forget the comedy shows folks - Ron can serve up amazing piano skills, a great voice, and a healthy dose of comedy all in one. As you'll see a little later, he had his 10 year anniversary with Carnival, and we were truly grateful to be able to be a part of it. Rontourage for life! SOCIAL!

After we stayed for the last song, which ended most nights around 1:15/1:30, we decided to call it a night and made our way back to our new home for the next 9 days.

Some days in the Cove were more peaceful than others as far as being able to really "enjoy" the balcony. This first night it was really windy on our side of the ship while we were booking to Nassau, and we had quite a show. The next morning it looked like a salt shaker had thrown up all over our balcony, but we were able to catch some pretty impressive sights (albeit all while getting slightly wet LOL)

P1010966.JPG

I also shot a really quick video of the action - feel free to check it out... (really wish we could embed video on CC!)

Quick Video of Sea Spray from our Cabin:

Till Tomorrow folks! Thanks for reading, hope to have you follow along for the next 9 days :D

yes Ron is AWESOME !

He and my son went to grad school togeher in DC

In fact, tehy were both in the Pentagon 9/11 !!!!!

we keep in touch - he really is a super guy :)

How did the process work for getting back on ship for the 2nd. leg of your b2b, or did you have to get off the ship??

Thanks,

Doug

Don't worry, we'll get there. I'll just say it wasn't as smooth as I'd thought it would be.

Another Chris and Cass review!! Awesome start! Subscribing for sure! :D

Thank you :o

Excited to see your review, can't wait for more.

What time did you arrive at the ship?

We arrived at the port shortly after 12 and were on the ship around 1:15. The line for security took about 15 minutes, same for getting our sail and sign cards. But the wait for our zone to be called was the worst. Our Platinum friends who got there at the same time we did were on the ship 30-40 minutes earlier than us.

yes Ron is AWESOME !

He and my son went to grad school togeher in DC

In fact, tehy were both in the Pentagon 9/11 !!!!!

we keep in touch - he really is a super guy :)

Hiya Doxie!! Wow that's awesome you have a personal tie to him... so sad about the Pentagon - he had a little bio in the front of his song sheet and it made me tear up and appreciate him that much more!

Another Chris and Cass review!! Awesome start! Subscribing for sure! :D

Thanks~!

can't wait for more! Sad we had to rebook ours! been waiting to hear your reviews

Thanks!! Yeah that sucks.. But hopefully they'll be a well-oiled machine by the time you get to sail!

Can't wait to read more!! Thanks for posting! :D

Thanks! I know we are both swamped today (I'm taking a quick break just to reply here) but may not see any new real additions till this evening.

We headed to the shops and noticed people carrying what looked like boxes of liquor. When we got there an employee gave us a flier and told us that we could buy and take liquor back to the room tonight :eek:! Um, yes please! So we each got two bottles of our staple liquor (Captain Morgan and Stoli). We were a little worried about that for the 8 day so we knew our S&S card would be significantly lower now :D.

Got back to the room to find our first towlie (imagine me saying something witty about an elephant :o)

P1010884.jpg

Time for Ron Pass and the Piano Bar!!!

Was this a one time thing or do they do this on every sailing?? I have never heard of Carnival allowing you to buy booze and take it to the room? We will be on her for our 10yr anniversary cruise Feb2-10 with a big group and are looking forward to the trip. Great review, keep it coming. Oh yeah what technique did you guys use to get your "extra" booze on?