Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
LivingMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Grandeur of the Seas concern with sewage smell

Has anybody stopped to think it could be coming from the other passengers? Too much buffet food= horrible gas= sewage odor

I would cancel. The problems have existed for a long time and are likely to be repaired any time soon. Plenty of recent reports of the problem so I would not take a chance with my vacation, there are plenty of better options.

I am reading recent reviews of the awful stinch of sewage smell seeping throughout the ship. I am so concerned I am thinking of canceling my upcoming trip in May. Can anyone please give more info on this situation???:(

I got off the ship on November 25. I did not experience any sort of smell anywhere on the ship.

In the last 7 years, we have cruised on the GOS 3 times, including a 13 nt. repo from Baltimore to NOLA. Druing that time, there was only 1 day that we had the raw sewage smell, and it did not last all day. We will sailing on the Grandeur again, in less than a year, and DW and I have absolutely no qualms about it.

Think about this, out of all the postings on CC, how many have been related to the seage odor?

Best of luck on whatever your decison may be and enjoy your cruise. They are a blast!

In the last 7 years, we have cruised on the GOS 3 times, including a 13 nt. repo from Baltimore to NOLA. Druing that time, there was only 1 day that we had the raw sewage smell, and it did not last all day. We will sailing on the Grandeur again, in less than a year, and DW and I have absolutely no qualms about it.

Think about this, out of all the postings on CC, how many have been related to the seage odor?

Best of luck on whatever your decison may be and enjoy your cruise. They are a blast!

I got off the Grandeur on Nov 21/12, we did the transatlantic from Barcelona. Beautiful cruise , lovely ship , BUT the sewage smell was very very very bad. I did find it hard to sit in the Centrum at times, many days that the main hallway toilets where closed which made it hard if you needed the restrooms outside of your stateroom. IF I had a choice I would pick another ship at this time.

When GOS was operating out of Baltimore, we were on her a number of times. There was a sewage smell.

The cruise line must know all about the smell and what's causing it and yet they act as if any complaints are news to them.