Steakhouse-Can you order more than one entree?

wrcjr98

My husband wanted me to find out if you are allowed to order more than one of any of the courses in the steakhouse like you can in the MDR? When I read on the Carnival website, it just says it includes and appetizer, an entree, dessert, and gratuity - it doesn't indicate if you can order more than one of any item or not? Does anyone know that has sailed recently? We will be on the Dream - Thank you!!

Cindy

No. I ordered the chocolate dessert and wanted a cheese plate to go so I could eat it with wine later. The waitress looked doubtful and said she would have to talk to the chef. I felt bad for asking after that but they brought it to me. I doubt they would allow a second entree.

Two weeks ago on the Dream, wife ordered the filet and I ordered the lobster. We shared and were satisfied. We both had an appetizer, salad, entree and desert, bottle of wine and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Oh, and we had all the extra samplers they serve.

Side note, we had made reservations for Cozumel where we had booked an AI at Mr. Sanchos. Great day, but as we were riding back to the port in the cab, we both looked at each other and said "we have to change our Chef's Art reservation."

We did and ate sparingly the next day. :D

No. I ordered the chocolate dessert and wanted a cheese plate to go so I could eat it with wine later. The waitress looked doubtful and said she would have to talk to the chef. I felt bad for asking after that but they brought it to me. I doubt they would allow a second entree.

I quite agree. Have dined their several times on the SPLENDOR. You won't go hungry that's for sure. There cuisine is excellent and service above reproach.

• 1 month later...
Hi, just wondering if more than 1 entree is allowed in this restaurant? Just thinking we may want to try a few things... thx :)
You can order as many appetizers as you want, but are limited to one entree. You could order a second entree, but will be charged $20.00 for it.

You can order as many appetizers as you want, but are limited to one entree. You could order a second entree, but will be charged $20.00 for it.

ChefSusan - that question was about the Cucina del Capitano, not the steakhouse. Threw me for a loop too, but then I saw the title of the reply! :)

To answer the question, I'm not sure how the Cucina works. Just didn't want you to think that the meal was $12 but the additional entree was $20! :)

Hi, just wondering if more than 1 entree is allowed in this restaurant? Just thinking we may want to try a few things... thx :)

I think you're confused Chef Susan, the extra 20 bucks for the second entree is at the Steakhouse and the only way someone could finish it is if they had the large lobster tail with the large filet.

Not true with the extra charge for Italian...the first time we went to the Cucina del Capitano, my GF had the Chicken Parm, I had the excellent Short Ribs with the Barolo Wine Sauce and we split a Spaghetti Carbonara, which could easily feed three as a side dish. We started off with the Arancini, which are fried risotto balls and for dessert we had the lemoncello sorbet which was over a white chocolate pudding.

So, to muddy the steak house waters even more, I am taking my teen with me. She only likes chicken fingers/mac and cheese. So what can I do about her entree'? Will they get her what she wants or is she mandated to eat off the menu? If she gets chicken fingers, can we get her entree????? Yep, muddying the waters even more.

So, to muddy the steak house waters even more, I am taking my teen with me. She only likes chicken fingers/mac and cheese. So what can I do about her entree'? Will they get her what she wants or is she mandated to eat off the menu? If she gets chicken fingers, can we get her entree????? Yep, muddying the waters even more.

$35 to eat chicken nuggets is a bit much. But they don't even have those foods up there. They may try to accommodate you by sending someone downstairs to get them for you.

Thank you everyone for your help with my question! Darwin33 hit the nail on the head - my husband wanted to order a variety of things, because he only wanted to try the steakhouse once, and couldn't decide between the steak, lobster & lamb chops - all this after he eats his escargo! Believe it or not, he's not really that big!! I told him that it doesn't sound like I can eat everything, so he should have plenty by the time he eats his and what I can't finish! I'll have to let ya'll know what he ends up ordering, because thanks to ya'lls answers, we are now eating at the Steakhouse one night! Yay!! :D

For a nice variety check out the chefs table ,we did the old menu and it was awesome.Some say they dont like the new menu.All the free wine you care to drink makes it a fun event too

• 3 months later...
This is a very pricey meal for 75.00pp

Totally worth it. I don't even drink, so I'm judging on food alone.

To the poster whose teen only eats chicken fingers: consider allowing her to eat in the dining room or Lido deck with a friend that night. We had late seating one cruise, and the table next to us was always 2 teenagers and 2 empty seats. Their parents dined in the steakhouse each night. They were very well behaved and the waiters took great care of them.

If no salad is ordered they will usually allow a second appetizer.

Yes, during our last trip to the steakhouse I didn't want a salad and the waitress practically forced me to order another appetizer instead. :D I took it as a opportunity to try to escargot which I normally would not have done... and I LOVED them!

the chicken tenders the first night onboard are very good. the chicken nuggets- are really yucky.

I dont think i would pay 35.00 for my teen to eat chicken tenders

Will they not eat anything else at all on that menu?

Yes, during our last trip to the steakhouse I didn't want a salad and the waitress practically forced me to order another appetizer instead. :D I took it as a opportunity to try to escargot which I normally would not have done... and I LOVED them!

Sounds good to me. Forget the soup and salad and keep the shrimp cocktail coming!

the portions in the steak house are not small like the dining room portions.

they are huge way more then enough even for a healthy eater

Plus they give you a sample of something from the chef. I got a corn chowder like thing. When the server asked how it was I told her I wouldn't order it.

This is a very pricey meal for 75.00pp

When you think about it ,its really not that bad.We eat out alot and without drinks it always $50 plus for the two of us without liquor

Now unlimited wine,a chef explaining each entree,a nice picture ,a signed cookbook,great service its not dinner its more like an experience.Hard to explain unless you have done it

In the past, I've been able to order two appetizers and the salad course.. But it's been five years since my last Carnival cruise. I'll let you know in a week when I'll be on the Glory and have 2 reservations at the Steakhouse.

I've never wanted two entrees.

My husband wanted me to find out if you are allowed to order more than one of any of the courses in the steakhouse like you can in the MDR? When I read on the Carnival website, it just says it includes and appetizer, an entree, dessert, and gratuity - it doesn't indicate if you can order more than one of any item or not? Does anyone know that has sailed recently? We will be on the Dream - Thank you!!

Cindy

A bit off topic, but we decided to pass on the steak house and save that cash for a visit to the local Chama Gaucha later this summer.

When you think about it ,its really not that bad.We eat out alot and without drinks it always $50 plus for the two of us without liquor

Now unlimited wine,a chef explaining each entree,a nice picture ,a signed cookbook,great service its not dinner its more like an experience.Hard to explain unless you have done it

I'm doing my first Chef's table in 2 weeks on the Glory. I didn't even know about the signed cookbook.. Thanks for the info :D

All the times we have eaten in the Steakhouse, different boats they only let you get one of each (appetizer, soup, salad) We are going on the Miracle next Oct - I'm wondering if this is different on each ship?? Anyone know, or have you been on the Miracle??

I was on the Miracle in December and we did get more than one appetizer. my daughter and I love the Ahi Tuna Tartare and wanted to try the Escargot!! Both were delish!! :rolleyes:

Archived