Explorer vs. Freedom

One more question about the Explorer. For a family of 5, what would be our best option room wise? When we were on the FOS in January, we were able to book a Promenade Family room, which was around 300 square feet, and held all of us just fine.

Does anyone know if the EOS has these rooms? Would we need something else, or would we need to book 2 rooms?

• 2 months later...

We are interested in EOS leaving NJ in April 2014- and I imagine the weather may be better than in the Winter. We are traveling with an adult daughter, as part of a family cruise with my 2 other married daughters and their kids. Should we get a family suite for the 3 of us, or a regular room with a couch bed, or just spring for a single room for the solo daughter?

We are traveling from Northeastern Connecticut, and it seems less expensive to drive than fly, but I heard the port is not very user friendly.

Thanks,

Kathy

We are interested in EOS leaving NJ in April 2014- and I imagine the weather may be better than in the Winter. We are traveling with an adult daughter, as part of a family cruise with my 2 other married daughters and their kids. Should we get a family suite for the 3 of us, or a regular room with a couch bed, or just spring for a single room for the solo daughter?

We are traveling from Northeastern Connecticut, and it seems less expensive to drive than fly, but I heard the port is not very user friendly.

Thanks,

Kathy

Check out the Junior Suites.

Thanks for both replies so far, I appreciate it. We are looking at our next cruise possibly in May 2014 (Good Lord that is so long away!) I'm sure the temperatures should be a lot better than January obviously, but maybe not warm enough to be out by the pool for a day down, and back. Maybe we could make it up by doing a 9 or 10 day cruise instead of a 7. With what we save in travel costs we would be able to afford it!

That is what we are doing the week before Easter 2014. DD usually has that week off from school and we want to get down to the Caribbean. RC and Explorer have a 9 night Caribbean cruise that also stops in Bermuda.

We all know airfare to Florida will be very high, and pre-cruise hotels and expenses add up, so putting money on a 9-night is a win-win situation, and I may even save a few dollars versus flying to Florida and boarding a 7 day cruise.

Archived