Cruise Critic Community
c230k

Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

"Favorite" is such a fleeting status. I have to admit that when I browse through the old cruise photos, I am a fickle friend to my photos.

Here's the latest "favorite":

Dave

I agree Dave.

It's been a few months since our last cruise and a few more before our next. So to "sate my cruise bug" I've been browsing photos of past cruises and came across a few "New" favorites.

32442048091_480fc338c2_c.jpg

32441323351_424e456c79_c.jpg

31746522453_9830d9eb8d_c.jpg

Maya Chan Beach by Mark Davis, on Flickr

I agree Dave.

It's been a few months since our last cruise and a few more before our next. So to "sate my cruise bug" I've been browsing photos of past cruises and came across a few "New" favorites.

I honestly wonder if the habit of revisiting our cruise photos puts us in the majority or minority of travelers? To me, they are a reminder of happy times and inspiration to get off my butt and book my next photo tour (called a "cruise" by most).

I refuse to let my images become the digital equivalent of the shoeboxes or albums filled with yellowing snapshots, never to be seen again.

Dave

I honestly wonder if the habit of revisiting our cruise photos puts us in the majority or minority of travelers? To me, they are a reminder of happy times and inspiration to get off my butt and book my next photo tour (called a "cruise" by most).

I refuse to let my images become the digital equivalent of the shoeboxes or albums filled with yellowing snapshots, never to be seen again.

Dave

I also have the habit of revisiting our cruise photos to look back at them and remember all of those happy times and "relive" our cruises, so if that's the "minority", I'm definitely in it. :) Our first cruise was in 1992 on a southern Caribbean itinerary out of San Juan for our honeymoon. Film was the only thing available then, so I had to be very conservative of the pictures I took. I think I had about 8 rolls of either 24 or 36 exposures, and some didn't come out that great. I've since scanned those pictures and have them saved as jpeg files so I can view them on the computer, so the original prints may be old and starting to fade, but I can still view them. We've since done two similar southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan, fairly recently, and I have definitely made up for the lack of pictures from my first cruise now that I have digital cameras. But I always enjoy going back and looking through those pictures, in addition to those from other vacations and other occasions.

I also review my photos frequently and when I do, I am much less critical than I am right after a cruise. After some time has elapsed I am more interested in the actual photo than if it was an accurate representation of what I remember (and let's face it, the photograph is probably more accurate than my memory :p).

So when I look back, I add a few more to my favorites folder. They then show up on my monitor as a background. My husband also does this at work and people are always asking him where the photos came from.

enhance

Volcano steam

Vic

Save

Those really show how huge the Allure is. Some great shots.

Allan

Norwegian Gem - NYC to Bahamas - 2016

QRkogmYIvIta2mdqdJtSyikZF8FsV0-vLk9jEkglg-0?size=1280x960

jW9w8A_C_es6Jo6e-xeHa2ng6tEt2UXjsGb6Sgbd3NM?size=1280x960

9WTkx0ZlotnBXtlXKlAGWkBswNkQ1MRuXN9l6aTo9Kw?size=1280x960

C5s0AvE1VhwCMrxx6SfJfT6dMbEA7smWLfV_361e2Nc?size=1280x960

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas anchored near Great Stirrup Cay

PRK3UlixlORXkbwo2OOx1UzBYyJ6tiYLMK6GOe3gTf4?size=1280x960

Nassau, Bahamas

P9lVUIwufPmeff58pLKK36a_tA4fCA9d9lltXCTM7so?size=1280x960

Four ships in the harbor

A busy day for Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. Aboard the Independence of the Seas (Second from left).

35811481300_f8bc3946fe.jpg4 ships by Brad Leonard, on Flickr

Four ships in the harbor

A busy day for Phillipsburg, St. Maarten. Aboard the Independence of the Seas (Second from left).

35811481300_f8bc3946fe.jpg4 ships by Brad Leonard, on Flickr

Nice shot! I'm trying to post from my Flickr account, but just get this:

Dunn's River Falls, Jamaica

How do you get the pic to imported instead of the link?

Hi Jay,

In the photo stream section of Flickr, click on a photo. The image will enlarge. Just below it, to the right, are five icons. Click on the middle one (a curved arrow).

A box will pop up. The secret is to select BBCode, that's the markup language used in the Cruise Critic forums. It took some playing with the Preview Post feature, but when you get it right, you'll see your photo before posting.

Hope this helps,

Brad

From what I saw on the news St. Marrten doesn't look like that any more, sad. Wonder how long it will take to get things back to how it used to be?

Allan

New cruise. New Favorites,,

San Francisco

p2539923838-5.jpg

Blue Morning

p2539933131-5.jpg

Feeding time

p2539920503-5.jpg

Dave