Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
c230k

Post your favorite CRUISE PICTURES

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, GTVCRUISER said:

La Paz BCS

grandlapazbirdsmany (2).JPG

Feast for all their senses and ours too...you captured the moment ..Danny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are now fjords in my future....

 

 

Dave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pierces said:

I think there are now fjords in my future....

 

 

Dave

 

Now that sounds like a plan ! Our cruise had 2 stops in Norway , 4 in Iceland and The Shetland Islands and 1 in Invergordon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twangster said:

Sailing into the Milky Way 

 

From Empress of the Seas

 

fmb7g5w.jpg

Nice! Where was this taken? What kind of camera? What settings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cruises42 said:

Nice! Where was this taken? What kind of camera? What settings?

 

Sony A7III with Sony 12-24mm lens.  12mm, f4.0, ISO 2000, 10 seconds, RAW.

 

Last week after we left Costa Maya on our way to Belize.  Short distance so ship was only going 8 knots in flat seas.  New moon for Costa Maya was 7/31/19 so I got very lucky.  Empress has two forward public decks right below the bridge.  Since it's below the bridge and forward facing they are dark at night except for any light coming from the forward facing ocean view cabins.

 

Using Lightroom I then cranked up the clarity and applied some other adjustments to bring out the Milky Way.  

 

Also shot this to show my location:

 

TlmyMUx.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

Sony A7III with Sony 12-24mm lens.  12mm, f4.0, ISO 2000, 10 seconds, RAW.

 

Last week after we left Costa Maya on our way to Belize.  Short distance so ship was only going 8 knots in flat seas.  New moon for Costa Maya was 7/31/19 so I got very lucky.  Empress has two forward public decks right below the bridge.  Since it's below the bridge and forward facing they are dark at night except for any light coming from the forward facing ocean view cabins.

 

Using Lightroom I then cranked up the clarity and applied some other adjustments to bring out the Milky Way.  

 

Also shot this to show my location:

 

TlmyMUx.jpg

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, twangster said:

 

Sony A7III with Sony 12-24mm lens.  12mm, f4.0, ISO 2000, 10 seconds, RAW.

 

Last week after we left Costa Maya on our way to Belize.  Short distance so ship was only going 8 knots in flat seas.  New moon for Costa Maya was 7/31/19 so I got very lucky.  Empress has two forward public decks right below the bridge.  Since it's below the bridge and forward facing they are dark at night except for any light coming from the forward facing ocean view cabins.

 

Using Lightroom I then cranked up the clarity and applied some other adjustments to bring out the Milky Way.  

 

Also shot this to show my location:

 

TlmyMUx.jpg

 

 

Very nice , did you use a tripod ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

 

 

Very nice , did you use a tripod ?

 

Yes. You have to for proper night sky photography.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, twangster said:

 

Yes. You have to for proper night sky photography.  

 

I usually just hand shoot the moon at night . I wish that I had used one in Iceland to blur a waterfall but this was the best I could do by hand .

 

IMG_6569%202_zpsr4z14oc9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

 

I usually just hand shoot the moon at night . I wish that I had used one in Iceland to blur a waterfall but this was the best I could do by hand .

 

IMG_6569%202_zpsr4z14oc9.jpg

 

Love the waterfall!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

 

Love the waterfall!!

 

Thank you . Did you notice the people walking behind the waterfall ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...