AKR Roatan...anyone do the dolphin dive?

divinmule

So usually I always bypass the idea of interacting with the dolphins based on how poorly most of these animals are maintained and what has to occur to get many of these animals into their dog and pony shows. I figure that the time will come when I get to interact with these critters in their natural habitat.

But in reading up on AKR and their Dolphin program...I found myself intrigued. Certainly sounds like they are headed in the right direction with their program and actually breeding their own dolphins rather than relying on wild capture. I also like the idea that the dolpins are free to iteract or not based upon their desire that particular day.

So with that being said...I was thinking about booking the dolphin dive on our trip to Roatan in Feb. Wondering who has any experience with this dive? How did it go? Would you recommend it? I know its expensive...but I don't mind spending the extra dollars if it goes to support a well run dolphin program. (and yes I realize quite a bit goes to support Carnival too;))

We have dove Roatan before and loved it. Figured I wanted to go with the ship excursion this time either the two tank or the dolphin dive to see Anthony Key Resort.

Looking forward to your replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived